Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Finns, what can you tell us about Juulia TURKKILA's skating? She finished 10th in Dresden with a decent score (116.86), which is pretty close to what Papp scored last year at Junior Worlds. She also had PCS higher than a few girls who finished ahead of her. From the protocols, she only has 3T and 3S, but I'd like to know more about her skating overall
    I also noticed that she did quite well at Dresden, which is great! Based on that score she has made some significant improvements from last season. I know she did a 3t-3t at a competition in Finland a few weeks ago.
    Maija here's her STLL bio so maybe you'll remember the face. She's from HL.

I think she's a talented girl with especially good expression. She has all right spins, especially the I-spin (or is it Y-spin?) but I always thought she was a bit slow. IMO I'd say her strengths based on last season are having the easier triples (especially the 3t is great, at least usually) and being rather expressive. But based on 116 points overall I'm expecting that she has really made some improvements over the summer.

And since I'm into the uploading this weekend anyway I checked my Nationals 2009 memory stick and yep, her programs were there. So here's the FS from last December.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Pixieworld.net will be covering several finnish skating events thanks to Tomas Whitehouse (the photographer). I suspect this is just karma payback for listening to HIM so much not that long ago. This is a sort of a double post but since not everyone has access to the K&C I thought I'd live a note here as well.

Finlandia Trophy 2010 photos

Finnish Natonals 1st qualifier competition photos

I'm also running a contest for the fan favorite Finlandia Trophy photo, it would be nice for Tomas to have a good participation rate, so take a look at it please.

vCash
    Kiira Korpi´s new web site in English is open. www.kiirakorpi.fi
    The pictures are and

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    The pictures are and
    What color is she wearing this season?
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    What color is she wearing this season?
    Sky blue for the SP ( over the Rainbow)
    Plum/ black tiedye ( not a good description of an elegant dress) with beige accents ( Evita)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedge View Post
    Plum/ black tiedye ( not a good description of an elegant dress) with beige accents ( Evita)
    The accents are actually more pink than beige. SP dress is considered to be lovely, FS dress divides opinions. OIn Finlandia Trophy, I was one of the few who liked it.

But the home page pictures are poses in all kind of colours and dresses.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I was wishing for a dark blue, but the lighter blue will be lovely for her as well. Frankly, I can't imaging her wearing anything that isn't lovely. The Finn ladies are always gorgeous.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    SP
    FS (another view)

vCash
    The pictures are and
    next top model

vCash
    thank you Finnice.
    interesting pictures.
    Last edited by ana; 10-21-2010 at 02:19 PM.

vCash
    The selection criteria for the teams for the Senior and Junior Worlds and European Championships are up!

Some major changes compared to previous years:

Laura Lepistö is already selected for EC and WC as last year's medalist (though she has to skate at one competition or in front of a special panel to meet the requirements of ISU. (Meaning Tech Score 15 in SP and 25 in FS)). I presume this decision is due to the fact that she's injured... But still she is our top female skater so I find it fair

Then, the two other ladies for EC are selected based on their SB score (the minimum for the ladies is 145 and if having to choose from a weaker field, the federation will reconsider). But the big change is with the Worlds: the second skater to join Laura will be chosen based on SB score again so technically if someone gets a higher score at the Nordics, she'll be chosen for the Worlds team.

The SB rule is valid with the men too and will be more likely to cause some stir.

http://www.stll.fi/?x2126=1677704 (link in Finnish)

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    According to this year's rules, a skater can use last year's scores to meet the minimum score requirements, as long as the competitions are listed. She has enough scores from last year to qualify now.

The Federation can insist to compete or be monitored before she's allowed to compete, but she's met the ISU criteria.

There was discussion that starting next season, the minimum score would have to becearned in the current season only.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I don't think that this is a very good idea.

Under those rules, a skater can peak early in the season and then totally lose form but still go.

Doesn't make sense to me at all.

I think that Finnish Nationals should decide the Euro squad and Euro results should decide the Worlds squad.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I don't think that this is a very good idea.
    Well what's new with these decisions by the Finnish Fed. Every year I keep hoping they'd change it so that ONE good score (even if the rest of them crap) wouldn't be enough to get a spot at ISU Championships. But they never change it.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    They probably want to have an other option of choosing the "newbie the third". If the one, chosen for Euros, is "wrong" and someone at Nordics performs better, they can reconsider. I wonder they think Laura will not be available?

Hope they will not give ridiculous components for junior boys in qualification competitions in Finland in order to fix the "needed" seasons best, as they did last year.

vCash
    Will the finnish dance team go to Euros and Worlds? Because they have met the ISU minimum score many times already.

vCash
    Elfenblute, do you mean Klimova/Palomäki (who have quit), or Lindholm/Kanervo? The latter will go to Europeans, I guess.??? about the Worlds.
    Agree with Hanna: The criteria of FFSA is a bit...umm...diffusive. They are paying all the possibilities and hoping, of course, that Laura will not miss this season.

vCash
    Elfenblute, do you mean Klimova/Palomäki (who have quit), or Lindholm/Kanervo? The latter will go to Europeans, I guess.??? about the Worlds.
    Hallo Finnice, thank you, I mean Lindholm/Kanervo, because it would be a pity if they met the ISU criteria, but their federation would not want to send them to ISU Championships.

vCash
    Are Lindholm/Kanervo too old for Junior Worlds now?

I hope they are sent to Euros at least.

I would kinda understand if they weren't sent to Worlds because their results have been very low so far but they should definitely get the chance to do Euros at least, if they are to gain experience and improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Are Lindholm/Kanervo too old for Junior Worlds now?

I hope they are sent to Euros at least.

I would kinda understand if they weren't sent to Worlds because their results have been very low so far but they should definitely get the chance to do Euros at least, if they are to gain experience and improve.
    They were born in 1987 (Kanervo) and 1989 (Lindholm), so they are not juniors.

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast