Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Poor Turkkilla really seems to be struggling lately and if it's because she feels pressure to be the future of Finnish skating with Laura's ongoing injuries and Kiira's recent ones, then I feel very sorry for her. She is just 16 years old and still learning her triples so she should not feel such pressure. Poor thing, her scores this season have been a good 20-30 points lower than what she scored at Europeans and Worlds last season .

vCash
    Has anyone else noticed that the out of the Finnish ladies the one with the most difficult jumps seems to be Ljubov Efimenko, who's still in Novice? At the recent competition in Budapest she landed 3 Lz, 3 sal and 3 loops...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ankka View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the out of the Finnish ladies the one with the most difficult jumps seems to be Ljubov Efimenko, who's still in Novice? At the recent competition in Budapest she landed 3 Lz, 3 sal and 3 loops...
    She was born 1999 and is not yet eligible for Juniors (neither Seniors).

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    She also tried a 3f in the sp (rotated but fallen). That's pretty impressive. But then again rotating is somewhat easier for a girl her age that hasn't gone through puberty yet. In any case, it's better to enjoy it now since we never know what happens in a year or two. But I agree, it's very impressive. She won all three international competitions she participated in this fall.

Added to her, lots of other girls have been upping their jump content this fall, which is fantastic. Not all of them have been succesful yet but it's always a good sign when you try. Here's what I can remember

Timila Shrestha - 3f
    (Nea Viiri - 3lz)
    Seidi Rantanen - 3t-3t
    Nelma Hede - 3lo
    Lyydia Määttänen - 3lo
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    The new rule for this season, in junior and senior level, was that there is not age requirements anymore. So, for examble Nelma Hede could be junior and Nea Viiri seniorskaters. And, I'm pretty sure that all those noviceyoungster will be juniors next season...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FinFan View Post
    The new rule for this season, in junior and senior level, was that there is not age requirements anymore. So, for examble Nelma Hede could be junior and Nea Viiri seniorskaters. And, I'm pretty sure that all those noviceyoungster will be juniors next season...
    Only nationally not internationally.

vCash
    of course

vCash
    Interesting, how many skaters there are in senior skaters (women) in Finnish National Championship:

http://www.taitoluistelu.koovee.fi/p...allistujat.php

I wonder how many of them is age eligible internationally. And who will be the other skater to EC and WC. Is it possible that STLL won't send anybody with Kiira to the big competitions when it seems that nobody (except Kiira) gets over 145 points? Who is the most potential skater? Beata? Alisa? Juulia? Timila (is she old enough)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTheMusician View Post
    Interesting, how many skaters there are in senior skaters (women) in Finnish National Championship:

http://www.taitoluistelu.koovee.fi/p...allistujat.php

I wonder how many of them is age eligible internationally. And who will be the other skater to EC and WC. Is it possible that STLL won't send anybody with Kiira to the big competitions when it seems that nobody (except Kiira) gets over 145 points? Who is the most potential skater? Beata? Alisa? Juulia? Timila (is she old enough)?
    AnnaTheMusician, here's the thread for Finnish Nationals in the K'n'C. http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80657

But to answer your question, I'm 99% sure that somebody will be sent with Kiira, even if they don't achieve the "required" 145 points. In fact, I doubt anybody will score that high. But somebody will be sent. Currently Alisa is the strongest name with 132.54 from NRW Trophy.

Nationals will be a very tough battle. I don't even know who I'm rooting for. Alisa wuzrobbed in the previous years so I really hope that won't happen this time if she skates well. And yes, Timila is eligible. The only one who's not eligible is Nea Viiri.

ETA: Oh and btw, Alisa was featured in today's Urheiluruutu. I just saw the last 20 seconds of it but I'll have to catch it on Yle Areena.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    I'll take my words back - I just got the newest Taitoluistelu magazine today and it's mentioned there that Timila Shrestha is not eligible for Euros because she doesn't have the required senior international. I had completely forgotten about that rule - again.

I live in Dublin, Ireland and i skate at the only ice rink in the republic...Dundalk Icedome
    vCash

camps

do you know of any summer camps for skaters in finland (or anywhere in europe really that i can get cheap flights to). I'll be 21 and i'm Silver level here in Ireland which is last test before axel is required.

vCash
    I just realized there are vids of her Warsaw Cup performances on YouTube (for some reason I thought that the competitions she attended only had live streams but no archived videos). Here's the FS. It's impressive for a 12-year old and since this performance she's added a 3lz. I have a vid of her FS from an interclub last weekend where she does it but I haven't bothered uploading it on YouTube.

TES wise she's really good. I also like her energy but in general I'm not completely sold on her components yet. I hope she stays healthy and motivated and develops even further without major puberty problems.

I'd be interested in knowing what made her move here and start representing Finland. From what I know she's already been here for a few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    TES wise she's really good. I also like her energy but in general I'm not completely sold on her components yet. I hope she stays healthy and motivated and develops even further without major puberty problems.

I'd be interested in knowing what made her move here and start representing Finland. From what I know she's already been here for a few years.
    Yes, she is amazing technically. That is good, because surely the rest will come later, the main thing is that her jumping is really good. On that one can build.

I have never heard about this novice skater before, maybe her parents did move to Lahti because of work?

vCash
    Ljubov did a very good SP today in novices 2nd qualifier in Tampere: 3S, 3Lo-2T, 2A all clean and nice, spins lv4 and sist lv3. She apparently lived in Kotka earlier (represented Kotkan Reipas) for some seasons. SP scores are here.
    Happy for Emmi Peltonen who landed 3S-2T, 2A and 3T also today!

vCash
    Photo of Laura Lepistö, spotted at the annual Finnish Sports Gala (where they announce the Athletes of the Year awards) that is taking place at the moment:
    http://www.iltalehti.fi/urheilu/2012...84312_ur.shtml

The 2011 Synchronized skating Worlds in Helsinki is a nominee for the Sports Event of the Year and the Most Thrilling Sports Moment of the Year award.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    She looks great. Hopefully she can start training again some time soon. Europeans won't be the same without her this year .

vCash
    As far as I know, she is training already - I read in the Taitoluistelu magazine that her foot can now endure up to 45 minutes of skating (wearing skates) at a time.
    However, it looks like she didn't appear at the New Year's exhibition in Oberstdorf (did she?) where she had been advertised as a member of the cast IIRC. I haven't heard anything about why she cancelled.

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IDC a.k.a. Ritti View Post
    However, it looks like she didn't appear at the New Year's exhibition in Oberstdorf (did she?) where she had been advertised as a member of the cast IIRC. I haven't heard anything about why she cancelled.
    No, Laura skipped the Oberstodrf gala. I'm not sure if she felt unprepared, or if she still can't or isn't allowed to do certain things like jumps or flying spins. Being back on the ice at all still counts as good news, though!

vCash
    From what I understood in the magazine, she's been on the ice for some time now but is still not doing jumps. She's taking things very slowly.

vCash
    She was being interviewed in the gala:
    http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/muutlajit...?taitoluistelu
    http://yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/muut/201...a_3179531.html

She says she is able to skate "a bit" but not enough to stay in competitive shape (=twice a day). She is going to skate in an exhibition in North Korea(!) in February. She says things are definitely looking better now than in the autumn.

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast