Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Prick Admin
    vCash
    After seeing his SP at Nebelhorn, I've started calling Ari-Pekka Nurmenkari ARihanna-Pekka Nurmenkari.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    After seeing his SP at Nebelhorn, I've started calling Ari-Pekka Nurmenkari ARihanna-Pekka Nurmenkari.
    Seriously? No way. Short or free?
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Seriously? No way. Short or free?
    As my post said, his short.

It's to an instrumental version of "Love The Way You Lie".
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    As my post said, his short.

It's to an instrumental version of "Love The Way You Lie".
    Apparently I was so shocked by what I read that I forgot everything before the comma.

Anyway, !
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    I want to see this SP! Will he be on the GP this fall?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    With the cuts to the number of entries? No way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    With the cuts to the number of entries? No way.
    Even without the cut of entries he wouldn't make it this season and frankly wouldnt deserve it either. But still... GO Ari-Pekka! and become the male Gizmo if you want

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    He wasn't top 75 last season in an ISU event to be considered for a GP. The only way he would be -- at the bottom of the alternates list -- is if he were to win a fall Senior B and make the GP minimum total score. He missed GP minimum by quite a bit in the three senior B's in which he competed last season: Nordics, Ice Challenge, and Finlandia.

If he can earn a spot on FIN team for Euros and/or Worlds, he has met the TES minimums for championships (20 for SP, 35 for FS) at Nebelhorn (and very possibly at his competitions last season).
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    He won´t even be in Finlandia Trophy. As for he becoming male Gizmo, at least his hair colour is always blonde.

Kiira Korpi will have a press conference on Friday. I am off to France and computerless, but maybe some other Finn (Hanna?) will pass the information to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    ... at least his hair colour is always blonde.
    Thank God for that I'd be sad if he didn't.

I know this is the finnish thread but since there isn't a swedish one I'll ask here in hopes someone knows this. I'm trying to figure out the swedish skating levels, I translate them on my site unless there isn't a possible translation.
    They have SM, JSM, USM and RM, I'm translating them as senior, junior, novice and juvenile, is this correct? Any suggestions?

Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Kiira Korpi will have a press conference on Friday. I am off to France and computerless, but maybe some other Finn (Hanna?) will pass the information to FSU.
    Don't tell me it's "I'm injured and have to withdraw from the Finlandia Trophy"? I seriously hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    They have SM, JSM, USM and RM, I'm translating them as senior, junior, novice and juvenile, is this correct? Any suggestions?
    I'm not 100% sure but I think you're right. Although I'm not even sure what "juvenile" is since Finland (and I think mosts of Europe) uses debytants, springs, cubs and chicks (instead of all those pre-novice, juvenile, intermediate and what else in the US).

But yeah, the first two are definitely senior and junior. U stands for "ungdom" = youth, which I think is novice in this case. RM is apparently also a category with both a short and a free so I'm not really sure about that though. In Finland the next after novice is debytants, which only has a free skate.
    Last edited by Hanna; 09-28-2011 at 11:04 AM.

vCash
    Don't tell me it's "I'm injured and have to withdraw from the Finlandia Trophy"? I seriously hope not.
    What other reasons she would have to organize a press conference a week before Finlandia Trophy?

Prick Admin
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceIceBaby View Post
    What other reasons she would have to organize a press conference a week before Finlandia Trophy?
    It's a week before Finlandia Trophy and she wants to promote the fact that she will be there?

vCash
    I know.

It's a week before Finlandia Trophy and she wants to promote the fact that she will be there?
    Well, possibly. But then again she's never done that before. I don't know why but it just doesn't feel like this would be the case. I hope you're right though!

But if you add the fact that she already withdrew from the Japan Open due to leg pain...

ETA: Another thing re: Kiira. I was just randomly reading her Wikipedia page and it says that her SP for the upcoming season is Carmina Burana hip hop version? WTF? From what I know she's keeping last year's? Is somebody joking?
    Last edited by Hanna; 09-28-2011 at 12:23 PM.

vCash
    Kiira's SP will be the same, Somewhere over the Rainbow.
    Her new FP is I got Rhythm.
    Both She-Lynn Bourne's.

vCash

ETA: Another thing re: Kiira. I was just randomly reading her Wikipedia page and it says that her SP for the upcoming season is Carmina Burana hip hop version? WTF? From what I know she's keeping last year's? Is somebody joking?
    Somebody is joking.

And me, always the optimist, thinks that Kiira´s press conference can also be held behalf of all her sponsors, who want to promote their products via her.
    But let´s see.

vCash
    Although I'm not even sure what "juvenile" is since Finland (and I think mosts of Europe) uses debytants, springs, cubs and chicks (instead of all those pre-novice, juvenile, intermediate and what else in the US).
    Yep: Debs, Springs, Cubs and Chicks are used at International Competitions in Europe for the levels below Junior.

In Poland, the equivalents are: Entry, Bronze, Silver and Gold.

vCash
    According to the invitation, Kiira's press conference will be about
    - recap of the summer
    - targets for the coming season.

I'm sinking back to oblivion now. :

vCash
    Finlandia Trophy's already lost Laura Lepisto...
    all we need now is for a Kiira's forfait!

vCash
    Somebody wrote that in Golden skate forum in June and that's the only place I've seen this weird statement - and somebody added that also to wikipedia. As far I've heard she is keeping her old lovely SP.

Please, please, let her be allright tomorrow!

And Hanna, thanks for the interesting speculation of our promising stars!

Page 25 of 45 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast