Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Bela Papp 161.81 (2nd Nats qualifier)
    Valtter Virtanen 147.39 (2nd Nats qualifier)
    Ari-Pekka Nurmenkari 144.43 (2nd Nats qualifier)
    Viktor Zubik 128.26 (Finlandia Trophy)
    Thanks for the info! Yes, it will be really exciting... I wonder what might be the highest score Ari-Pekka has got in recent years?

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I wonder what might be the highest score Ari-Pekka has got in recent years?
    Internationally it must be his score from Helsinki Euros - 170.88.
    I don't remember if he's got more at national competitions though. Maybe not.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    He scored 190.20 at 2009 Nationals (which took place in December 2008).

http://www.helsinginluistelijat.fi/y...9/CAT026RS.HTM

He landed seven triples in the LP there, though he did get negative GOE for his 3S.

vCash
    Thank you hanna but there is pretty intresting rules: you have to attend one international sr competition before going to euroes!Bela don't have that!but there is also a rule if the skater don't get more than 155 points association might not let the skater attend the euroes! So it's getting very intresting here for the association to decide what to do w the rules and who to send!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Starskate2 View Post
    Thank you hanna but there is pretty intresting rules: you have to attend one international sr competition before going to euroes!Bela don't have that!but there is also a rule if the skater don't get more than 155 points association might not let the skater attend the euroes! So it's getting very intresting here for the association to decide what to do w the rules and who to send!!!
    Ah yes you're right. I completely forgot about that. I have to wonder why though - I mean why didn't they take care of that? I think it's probably too late to register for any of the competitions anymore. THe only ones left are Santa Claus Cup (Hungary), NRW Trophy (Germany) and Golden Spin (Croatia).
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Finnish Mens entries for NRW Trophy are

9 Otto-Eemeli LAAMANEN FIN
    10 Lasse SÄÄKSLAHTI FIN
    11 Valtter VIRTANEN FIN

but I guess they could change the names if they wanted to.

vCash
    Hey, it is FFSA! If Bela wins nats, they will find the way.

(And this is a non-partial, comment, just may the best man win). But surely the nats will be exciting...

vCash
    Already waiting for the Nationals!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Hey, it is FFSA! they will find the way.
    True that.

vCash
    Some photos of Laura (visiting Tikkurila Figure Skating Club), on ice on the 13th of Nov.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laguska View Post
    Some photos of Laura (visiting Tikkurila Figure Skating Club), on ice on the 13th of Nov.
    Thanks for sharing! Hope we will see her skating in competitions soon!

vCash
    Regardless of this rule, I think Bela should have been given one B-International in order to get some international Senior experience. Even if he wasn't going to Euros.

vCash
    Thanks for sharing!

Can she get any prettier?

Lurrrrve Laura Lepistö
    vCash
    Thanks for sharing the photos! Laura looks great.. I'm so looking forward to seeing her at Nationals already!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Regardless of this rule, I think Bela should have been given one B-International in order to get some international Senior experience. Even if he wasn't going to Euros.
    Well, my opinion is that Bela has a lot of international experience. He has been at the jr. worlds the last 3 years. He was the youngest ever at the jr. worlds and he was only 13 years old. The level at the jr. worlds is allmost the same as it is in European Championships so i truely think the experience is not the major issue here

vCash
    Well, my opinion is that Bela has a lot of international experience. He has been at the jr. worlds the last 3 years. He was the youngest ever at the jr. worlds and he was only 13 years old. The level at the jr. worlds is allmost the same as it is in European Championships so i truely think the experience is not the major issue here
    If they want they can send himBut there is still one more competition and AP is going to be tought also Valtteri and who knows what Victor is going to say to this...but Bela has pretty good lead and he should at least get the jr.worlds by his Joensuu show already

vCash
    Laura appears in a good shape, it's true: I hope she's got through all her problems, her season could change by Nationals, Euros and Worlds.

vCash
    In this picture http://tikkurilantaitoluisteluklubi..../DSC_4883.jpeg
    Laura's legs look so thin. I hope she is eating ok.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I agree with you that getting more experience never hurts. But somehow I doubt it's the FFSA who didn't give him a B-international. My guess is he didn't even ask for one (probably because of logistics). If not, then why are there are some other Finnish senior men with much less merit getting B-internationals?
    But this is just what I think, I'm really not sure.

Thanks for the pics. I also randomly ran into Laura and her sis yesterday at the Kaisaniemi metro station. Very as always.

vCash
    He doesn't have senior experience and senior programs are different from junior programs.

You are also marked differently on the PCS, because you are held to a different standard.

So doing at least one senior competition would be a good idea, I think.

As Hanna says, maybe logistics were the case (travelling to Europe must be extremely expensive for him and there are no international competitions in NA).

It would be a shame if he won the Euro spot but couldn't go because he didn't do any senior events... Although I guess the federation would bend the rules then?

Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast