vCash
    Thanks Kati.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Thanks Kati.
    You are welcome Ziggy!

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    I thought I'd post the current situation regarding the 3rd Euro spot.
    At the moment Cecilia, Juulia and Alisa have all met the requirement of at least one international senior competition (Juulia skated at the Ice Challenge in Austria this weekend and did pretty well - total score of 118.72) so now they will just have to skate at Nationals.

Beata's situation is trickier because of her injury. She still has to participate in an international senior B (she's currently scheduled for NRW Trophy in Dortmund in the beginning of December) plus come to Nationals. And since she's not taking part in either of the qualifiers she can't skate senior at Nationals (she can skate junior because she's a medalist from that exact category from last year). And not being able to skate as a senior at Nationals will potentially equal giving up a few points.

So the SBs are

Cecilia Törn 135.77 (1st qualification, senior)
    Juulia Turkkila 125.03 (1st qualification, junior)
    Alisa Mikonsaari 104.98 (Tikkurila Trophy, senior)
    Beata Papp -

BTW those of you who remember Laima Krasnitskaja - apparently she's doing ice dance now? Very cool. She's skating with Jussiville Partanen of Tappara next week in Joensuu (at the 2nd Nats qualifier).
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Thanks, Hanna! Your updates are always appreciated!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Beata's situation is trickier because of her injury. She still has to participate in an international senior B (she's currently scheduled for NRW Trophy in Dortmund in the beginning of December) plus come to Nationals. And since she's not taking part in either of the qualifiers she can't skate senior at Nationals (she can skate junior because she's a medalist from that exact category from last year). And not being able to skate as a senior at Nationals will potentially equal giving up a few points.
    I think I have seen somewhere that there is a decision that both Beata and Bela can compete in Seniors in the Nationals even if they don't do a qualification competition. I can't find it now so I am not 100 % sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maija View Post
    I think I have seen somewhere that there is a decision that both Beata and Bela can compete in Seniors in the Nationals even if they don't do a qualification competition. I can't find it now so I am not 100 % sure.
    Really? OK then. I reckoned that wouldn't be the case because Bela is apparently coming to the 2nd qualifier next weekend (and if he's got a bye for the senior category at Nats he wouldn't have to make that extra trip to Joensuu). But I believe you.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    It's silly not to give Papp a buy to Senior Nats based on her results, I think there should be more flexibility in the rules. Hopefully Maija is right.

vCash
    I found it (in Finnish):
    " Suomen Taitoluisteluliiton Liittohallituksen päätöksellä Beata Papp ja Bela Papp on nimetty suoraan SM-kilpailujen SM-sarjaan. Tämä tarkoittaa, että 2. valintakilpailusta pääsee ko. sarjasta (seniorinaiset ja -miehet) 1 vähemmän SM-kilpailuihin. Päätös noudattaa Sääntökirja 21 kohtaa 3.1. "

vCash
    ^
    So the board of FFSA has decided that Bela and Beata can compete in the Finnish Nats without doing a qualifier? I would call that an ecological decision (they don´t have to fly Canada-Finland-Canada etc.) and also the right decision, because our seniors are not so crowded that tehy would take someone´s place.

But if one of them makes it to the Europeans, there will surely be lots of of giving bye to them. Oh the good old Finnish Nats, always full of

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    ^
    So the board of FFSA has decided that Bela and Beata can compete in the Finnish Nats without doing a qualifier? I would call that an ecological decision (they don´t have to fly Canada-Finland-Canada etc.) and also the right decision, because our seniors are not so crowded that tehy would take someone´s place.

But if one of them makes it to the Europeans, there will surely be lots of of giving bye to them. Oh the good old Finnish Nats, always full of
    I think the decision is fair, because
    - as last years Junior medallists they both had a bye to the Nationals in Juniors
    - there are so few skaters in Senior Ladies and Senior Men that all the participants in the qualification competitions get a bye to the Nationals
    - it is very expensive to fly from Canada to eastern Finland just to be present in a competition (very expensive to the family).

In fact as far as I know Bela is already in Finland and will compete in the qualification competition next weekend. Beata is in Canada.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    BTW those of you who remember Laima Krasnitskaja - apparently she's doing ice dance now? Very cool. She's skating with Jussiville Partanen of Tappara next week in Joensuu (at the 2nd Nats qualifier).
    Finnish ice dance! I'd love to see more Nordic ice dancers in general.

vCash
    In fact as far as I know Bela is already in Finland and will compete in the qualification competition next weekend. Beata is in Canada.
    Bela probably wants another chance at getting a good total score. National competitions are the best bet.
    Beata probably would have come too but I wonder if her injury is still not completely healed.

vCash

Bela and beata

Bela probably wants another chance at getting a good total score. National competitions are the best bet.
    Beata probably would have come too but I wonder if her injury is still not completely healed.
    Bela is in Finland but his suitcase is in Londonpoor boy comes all the way to compete and now nobody knows if he will get his skate on time.Bela probably just wants to get points by coming to Finland!Beata is getting better and goes to Germany but she is still far from her best condition!she is a great competitio so let's hope she has enough time to recover before the nationals!

vCash

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Starskate2 View Post
    Bela is in Finland but his suitcase is in Londonpoor boy comes all the way to compete and now nobody knows if he will get his skate on time.Bela probably just wants to get points by coming to Finland!Beata is getting better and goes to Germany but she is still far from her best condition!she is a great competitio so let's hope she has enough time to recover before the nationals!
    BTW i just heard that Laura started skating this saturday....Lets hope she will recover before the Europeans

vCash
    Poor Bela! It is sooo frustrating that the skaters can´t take their skates to the plane. I know they are lethal weapons in the wrong hands, but still...

vCash
    BTW i just heard that Laura started skating this saturday....Lets hope she will recover before the Europeans
    That's great! I hope she is fully recovered!

vCash
    Laima and jv are so goodlooking team

vCash
    Laima and jv are so goodlooking team
    That I can believe.
    Hopefully they'll get to skate at Nationals despite their scores being quite low. It's not like there are too many dance teams anyway. I'd really like to see them.

vCash
    So the 2nd Nats qualifier is over and things are getting more and more exciting.

Never mind the SBs that I posted earlier. I was just reading the FFSA criteria again and realized that the 1st Nats qualifier scores didn't count for the official SBs. But the ones from this 2nd qualifier do. So here's everything updated now regarding possible Euro spots.

Ladies first

Kiira Korpi with her 164,02 from Finlandia Trophy is, of course, in a league of her own. Also Lepistö will be given a bye to Euros if she's healthy. So the real question is about the 3rd spot.
    Situtation:

Cecilia Törn 126.01 (2nd Nats qualifier)
    Alisa Mikonsaari 120.78 (2nd Nats qualifier)
    Juulia Turkkila 118.72 (Ice Challenge, Graz, Austria)
    Beata Papp - still without a score

All these scores are actually very close. Add Beata to the mix and Nationals will be nerve-wreckingly exciting! I hope it'll come down to 'who skates best' instead of 'who falls least'.

Men

Things just got really interesting since Bela Papp did a 6 triple FS (including a 3f) at the 2nd Nats qualifier a couple of hours ago. He's now clearly leading the competition for the men's spot to Euros. Amazing for him! It's about time he skated up to his potential!
    Needless to say, senior men's competition at Nats will also be super interesting. Can Ari-Pekka still catch Bela or will Bela be going to his first Euros in January?

Bela Papp 161.81 (2nd Nats qualifier)
    Valtter Virtanen 147.39 (2nd Nats qualifier)
    Ari-Pekka Nurmenkari 144.43 (2nd Nats qualifier)
    Viktor Zubik 128.26 (Finlandia Trophy)

vCash
    Speaking of Junior Worlds may still be a bit too early but here are the current junior SBs as well. Unfortunately there's just one spot for both men and ladies although Beata did come rather close to being in the top10 last year (being 15th).

Junior ladies SBs (according to the criteria)

Juulia Turkkila 125.03 (1st qualifier, which counts for Junior Worlds)
    Cecilia Törn 124.01 (2nd qualifier, senior -2 points)
    Timila Shrestha 113.55 (JGP J. Curry Memorial)
    Nea Viiri 112.69 (2nd Nats qualifier)
    Eveliina Viljanen 111.23 (2nd Nats qualifier)
    (Beata Papp still without a score)

Junior men

Bela Papp 159.81 (2nd qualifier, senior -2 points)
    Julian Lagus 141.11 (2nd qualifier)
    Matthias Versluis 135.43 (1st qualifier)
    Viktor Zubik 126.26 (Finlandia Trophy, senior - 2 points)

Page 10 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast