Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Here's an interview in Finnish with Susanna Rahkamo just after Nebelhorn http://yle.fi/urheilu/karu_totuus_ol...8?ref=leiki-es

The title is something like "The sad truth behind Olympic disappointment - they have trained themselves to pieces" and basically she talks about how training methods need to change so that we can keep the next generation of skaters healthy (Pöykiö, Lepistö and Korpi have all had a lot of injuries during their careers).
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash

Thanks for the link/translation, Hanna

vCash
    Now that I'm on a "posting news streak" I'd like to also point out that the first ever quad by a Finnish guy was attempted yesterday by Matthias Versluis. He did fall but it was rotated and IMO a very good attempt and it looked like he'll definitely be able to land one! I was very positively surprised. http://youtu.be/K2M58QzE75Q?t=30s Also his 3lz looks insanely easy.

Also saw Liubov Efimenko doing a 3f-3t in the warm-up in a competition today. Her rotation is unbelievably quick! Unfortunately she fell on the flip in the actual program so didn't get to try the combo. But she did do a very nice 2a-3t. If she can skate it even somewhat clean, her free program is truly competitive (3f-3t, 3(f)lz, 2a-3t, 3lo-2t, 3lo, 3s, 2a). Maybe she's also planning to upgrade her short to 3lo, 3f-3t, 2a.
    Last edited by Hanna; 09-30-2013 at 12:37 AM.

vCash
    Guys, when is the first qualifier? I'm trying to figure out the calendar, is it 12-13 October? The abbreviations are even worse to read than the full words... Google is not my friend in this case.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    Guys, when is the first qualifier? I'm trying to figure out the calendar, is it 12-13 October? The abbreviations are even worse to read than the full words... Google is not my friend in this case.
    12.-13.10.2013 in Tampere: http://tappara.fi/taitoluistelu/kilp...omat-kilpailut

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maija View Post
    Thanks maija!

Boy, that is one long name!

vCash
    Hopefully Kiira will still find a way to be present at the Olympics in some capacity. With her personality and beauty, I don't see why some Finnish TV producer would not find it strategic to invite her to provide some sort of commentary or have some sort of presence at such an important event.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by maija View Post
    A week to go and still no participant lists (although of course you can pretty much guess who's going to be there).

Maija, how I appreciate the fact that you ALWAYS have all the information (and even a lot of extra) available as soon as possible.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Susanna Pöykiö, the 2005 European silver medalist and 2009 European bronze medalist is now doing the master thesis is Finnish language at the Oulu University. Her subject is figure skating slang and she has posted a questionare about that in FFSA´s pages. It is only in Finnish. What a great subject A totally new idea, and with her experience and expertise both in figure skating and lingvistics, it will surely be very interesting to read. If there will be an English summary and I am allowed to post a link, I´ll do that.

Susanna has also done some commenting to the Finnish tv, as have Elina Järvinen (former Kettunen), Kiira Korpi and Laura Lepistö.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Susanna Pöykiö, the 2005 European silver medalist and 2009 European bronze medalist is now doing the master thesis is Finnish language at the Oulu University. Her subject is figure skating slang and she has posted a questionare about that in FFSA´s pages. It is only in Finnish. What a great subject A totally new idea, and with her experience and expertise both in figure skating and lingvistics, it will surely be very interesting to read. If there will be an English summary and I am allowed to post a link, I´ll do that.
    I tried to fill out her survey but got stuck on page 2 since I couldn't come up with any answers. Maybe I'll try again later.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Susanna has also done some commenting to the Finnish tv, as have Elina Järvinen (former Kettunen), Kiira Korpi and Laura Lepistö.
    Heard Kiira commentating last week, I thought she did a very nice job considering it was her first time trying it. She sounded very sweet and knowledgeable and most importantly, she agreed with me on many things like Suzuki's musicality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Laura Lepisto is my favorite commentator in history. I have no idea what she's saying but her voice is incredible. I melt into a chocolatey goo every time...

vCash
    Am I the only one who is in a total shock about Juulia's scores in Coupe de Nice? 109.81...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekatiivi View Post
    Am I the only one who is in a total shock about Juulia's scores in Coupe de Nice? 109.81...
    She hasn't had a good competition in a very long time.

vCash
    I like her, she's so graceful, and I really enjoy her skating style if only she didn't have that deer-in-the-headlight look. Hopefully she finds a way to build up her confidence.

vCash
    I'm thinking Juulia needs to become a pairs skater. She'd be perfect.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    She hasn't had a good competition in a very long time.
    Yeah, I know, but not landing one triple jump in FS is really sad. I know she will never reach high international level but she used to be a decent skater and triple toe and triple salchow were quite reliable for her. I hope nothing seriously wrong with her.

vCash
    Physically, she should be alright. I hope she gets all the mental support she now needs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    \The title is something like "The sad truth behind Olympic disappointment - they have trained themselves to pieces" and basically she talks about how training methods need to change so that we can keep the next generation of skaters healthy (Pöykiö, Lepistö and Korpi have all had a lot of injuries during their careers).
    Jenni Vahamaa too Does anyone know what training methods are like right now?

vCash
    (((Vahamaa)))

vCash
    According to an interwiew today, Kiira Korpi is recovering in schedule. She has already been on the ice. The Olympic dream is gone, says she - which is only natural, because Finland does not have a place - but she aims to skate in the Worlds in Japan.

She is always so positive, I have to admire her. I just hope that she han have an injury-free season 2014-15 and end her career in a good tone.

Loves_Shizuka, I saw Jenni Vähämaa in Finlandia Trophy, she looked happy, but it still feels very bad to think about her possibilities. Well, that´s figure skating, a cruel sport.

Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast