Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelvster View Post
    Thanks! Is cecilia torn still skating? Shes a lovely skater (but a total headcase i know)
    Yes, she is still skating, she was injured for a while and restarted a few weeks ago, she also mentioned on Twitter that she was trying ice-dance boots for the first time so I wonder if she switched disciplines... i asked but had no answer.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    Yes, she is still skating, she was injured for a while and restarted a few weeks ago, she also mentioned on Twitter that she was trying ice-dance boots for the first time so I wonder if she switched disciplines... i asked but had no answer.
    That's interesting! She has gorgeous basics (the best part about her skating) so she'd probably make a lovely ice dancer. Hopefully she can find a partner (or already has one) if she wants to try that out.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    I agree that Cecilia Törn would be a great ice dancer! I so want to see her back on the ice.
    Jussiville Partanen has had some tryouts with at least two different ladies, so let´s see.

told that Jeffrey Buttle is choreographing the SP for Kiira Korpi.

ETA: Kelvster, Mikko Minkkinen has now doctorated in mediacal science and is apparently making a great career as a scientist. Thank you for remembering him, he was a somewhat erratic skater, but often also a joy to watch.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I agree that Cecilia Törn would be a great ice dancer! I so want to see her back on the ice.
    Jussiville Partanen has had some tryouts with at least two different ladies, so let´s see.

ETA: Kelvster, Mikko Minkkinen has now doctorated in mediacal science and is apparently making a great career as a scientist. Thank you for remembering him, he was a somewhat erratic skater, but often also a joy to watch.
    Oh, good to hear! What a smart cookie.

I liked his Depche Mode free programme, the year he won Finnish Nationals and went on to Euros and Worlds He, like a lot of skaters from Finland, was silky smooth on the ice ... too bad we never saw more of him.

If you have news of Susanna Poykio, please let me know as well

vCash
    It seems that this news article talks about Korpi's new program, according to Google translation. Would it be her SP or LP?

http://www.aamulehti.fi/Kulttuuri/11...dellista+.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    It seems that this news article talks about Korpi's new program, according to Google translation. Would it be her SP or LP?

http://www.aamulehti.fi/Kulttuuri/11...dellista+.html
    It says that she's trying to find music for her SP, which will apparently be choreographed by Buttle like Finnice said. Kiira was asking for suggestions on Twitter a couple of days ago.

The article also mentions that Imaginaerum by Nightwish could be a choice for a new exhibition.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    The article also mentions that Imaginaerum by Nightwish could be a choice for a new exhibition.
    Thank you!

vCash
    Korpi should skate to "Fever". This is just my personal wish though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Would you get fever if she skated to it?
    She mentioned earlier that it would be great to skate to Sibelius in the Olympic season, but I guess it is not very easy to find a piece with suitable length, other than Valse Triste.

vCash
    Would you get fever if she skated to it?
    She mentioned earlier that it would be great to skate to Sibelius in the Olympic season, but I guess it is not very easy to find a piece with suitable length, other than Valse Triste.
    Oh..... how about FINLANDIA ... (wonder if anyone has ever skated to this)

I will if Kiira skates to this piece (even though I am not a Finn myself)

Sibelius' Violin Concerto is also very beautiful and suitable for skating, though it's a little depressing

vCash
    Didn't Rahkamo/Kokko use part of Finlandia for their free dance at some point? Am at work and can't check right now, but I seem to remember they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk2LqLNPelc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Didn't Rahkamo/Kokko use part of Finlandia for their free dance at some point? Am at work and can't check right now, but I seem to remember they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rk2LqLNPelc
    No, it was Valse triste. Jill Watson and Peter Oppergar used Finlandia for their Olympic free in 1988. Midori Ito skated to it at the 1991 Worlds (latter part of the LP).

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    In case anyone missed this news about Cecilia Törn/Jussiville Partanen that was posted in the partnership search 2013 thread on May 15: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3922908
    After the Finnish junior ice dance couple Sara Afgai (she is actually a Canadian with Iranese roots) and Jussiville Partanen split, Jussiville is back training in Finland, and has a new partner, Cecilia Törn, who used to be a single skater and represented Finland in 2011 European Championships in Bern.

Great to see Cecilia back on the ice and Jussiville finding a new partner!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    That's wonderful news! When he was dancing with Aghai, we got to see him at BC Summerskate. He's a very nice skater, and, like most dancers, easy on the eyes.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Kiira Korpi skating to "Fever"

vCash
    Thanks for posting about Cecilia and Jussiville here Sylvia, I had missed the news.

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Just came here cause for some reason I feel a strange bound to the Finnish figure skating all of a sudden

vCash
    Lol, all of a sudden))

I hope this link works - ice dance practice of all 3 Finnish ice dance pairs with Margaglio

vCash
    Beata Papp and Bela Papp are registered at the BC Summer Skate (August 15-18 in the Vancouver area).

Registrations: They are about halfway down the pdf, under senior women and senior men.

This competition is sometimes live-streamed. If it is, their performances will likely be archived and available for viewing.

vCash
    Wow, this thread has been buried. I guess there haven't been a lot of interesting things going on, and the news about Kiira have had their own threads.

But one thing I was supposed to post about (and forgot) is that apparently Tomi Pulkkinen, the Finnish-Swiss guy who's been skating for Switzerland for quite a few years, has switched back to skating for Finland and also training here. Or so I understood. I saw him skate his FS to PotO two weeks ago and I was actually very positively surprised! He had really really beautiful jumps and all in all, it was quite a respectable skate (I think he scored about 111 points for it). He should most definitely be a nice addition to the national competition in men. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast