Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Finnish version of "Dancing on Ice" will be aired during 2013. No details were given yet on skaters, celebrities or judges involved. (In fact, I haven't heard of any rumours yet either! :-O )
    Press release (in Finnish):
    http://www.nelonen.fi/uutiset/viihde...atti-neloselle

Meanwhile...
    Laura Lepistö and some other Finnish celebrities visited an army shooting range for another TV show:
    Twitter: https://mobile.twitter.com/LauraLepi...846976/photo/1
    Photos: http://www.iltalehti.fi/viihde/20121...46223_vi.shtml
    Video: http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvviihde/2...31520_a2.shtml
    This episode of the "Elixir" TV show on November 14.

vCash
    Thrilled with Kiira's CoR

vCash
    We all are. It it still not sure if she makes the GPF. She would make Finnish skating history by that. AP Nurmenkari was in the junior GPF about ten years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    We all are. It it still not sure if she makes the GPF. She would make Finnish skating history by that. AP Nurmenkari was in the junior GPF about ten years ago.
    Kiira was in Junior GP Final as a host country skater in the year the final was in Helsinki.

Jenni Vähämaa was in Junior GP Final in 2007. She was 5th in the final.

vCash
    I really hope she makes the final; I mistakenly thought she was already guaranteed.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't see a scenario in which six skaters could pass her, but I might be missing something: the logic is that since she has 26 points and a win, and the first tie break is best result in one competition, to go ahead of her, another skater would have to:

1. Have > 26 points
    2. Have 26 points, one victory, and have a higher combined score (second tiebreak)

There are three skaters who could do this individually at TEB, but they can't all do it at the same time, because the two with 13 points (Lipnitskaia and Gao) need to come in first; another silver, and they lose the first tiebreak, since Korpi has a win and they don't. So even were Wagner to come in third (15+11) and beat Korpi on combined points (the second tie-break) and either Gao or Lipnitskaia wins (13+15), the other one loses the first tie-break, and at most, two can go ahead of Korpi. (A win for anyone else, for example, Tuktamysheva with 9, would be less than Korpi's 26.)

The same is true at NHK, if Osmond is not chosen as a replacement, because Suzuki and Zawadzki both need to win to pass Korpi. ( Zawadzki would also have to beat Korpi with a higher combined total.) If Osmond is chosen, then a Zawadzki (11+15)/Asada or Osmond (15+13)/Asada or Osmond (15+11) podium with both Zawadzki and the bronze medallist scoring a higher combined total than Korpi could pass Korpi.

Unless I've missed a scenario where three skaters at TEB could pass her, there should be a maximum of five who can, in the worst case scenario.

Corrections most definitely welcome.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    I.e It's likely Kiira makes the GPF. Hope so!

I know I could look it up, but what happened with Laura never reaching a GPF?

vCash
    As I've always understood it, gold and bronze mathematically locks a skater.

vCash
    She's IN. With only 2 events left and 3 medal winners already out (Sotnikova and Gold blew their 2nd event and Osmond doesnt even have one), I dont see any mathematic result combo where she would get passed.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    I.e It's likely Kiira makes the GPF.
    No, it's a done deal, because of the first tie-break rule, which gives the spot to the skater with the highest placement:

Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    As I've always understood it, gold and bronze mathematically locks a skater.
    Yes, because there are six spaces and only five other skaters maximum who could beat it: five other, different skaters winning the other five events and getting a silver in the second event (28 vs. 26 points) or getting a bronze in the second* event (tied in points), but having the highest combined score. A skater without a win -- highest= two silvers -- can't beat a skater with a win and at least a bronze. A win + 4th or lower/no second event can be beaten.

*Not necessarily chronological
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    A couple of hours ago, Susanna Rahkamo was elected Vice President of the National Olympic Committee:
    http://yle.fi/urheilu/varapuheenjoht...syntya/6386270

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Great news!

vCash
    ^In honour of said wonderful lady, one of my favourite OD's of all time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ieH0uk-cks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IDC a.k.a. Ritti View Post
    A couple of hours ago, Susanna Rahkamo was elected Vice President of the National Olympic Committee:
    http://yle.fi/urheilu/varapuheenjoht...syntya/6386270
    Great new! Congrats to Susanna

^In honour of said wonderful lady, one of my favourite OD's of all time:
    O, Finnstep You will see it a lot of times in next season

vCash
    Nice to see some new young ice dance teams skating here http://kristalice.lv/Results/Volvo20th/CAT045EN.HTM

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    A thread has already been posted in the 2013 Europeans forum in Kiss and Cry but here's a Finnish news article that confirms that Kiira Korpi has withdrawn from Euros due to injury ("inflammation of the Achilles tendon") and will be replaced by Alisa Mikonsaari: http://yle.fi/urheilu/kiira_korpi_ei...lemaan/6443474
    Korpi said she is recovering and her goal is to be ready for Worlds.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I hadn't checked the Euros forum so now I just find out.

Very. Big. Sigh.

vCash
    Sad news, will Turkkila and Mikonsaari be able to keep 2 spots for 2014? Dont think so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Sad news, will Turkkila and Mikonsaari be able to keep 2 spots for 2014? Dont think so
    don't think so either. this will increase the chances of all those girls fighting for the 2nd spot (or holding them) like Weinzierl for Germany, the French Girls, Lafuente & Co.

sad for korpi, hope she will recover for worlds and show what she's capable of.

vCash
    I thought the title was for her this year...

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast