Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    Very sad that we won't see her again in competition. Does she say if it is her injuries that made her decide that way?

ETA - just saw the google translate. so, yeah, injuries..
    Yes, and also - due to those injuries of course - she couldn't find that urge and desire anymore in the training. Understandable, of course. She was very unlucky with the injuries, but I'm happy that she seems so balanced about all this in the video and that she seems to have everything in order in her "civilian" life (as she herself puts it in the video )

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    I don't really know what to say to express the right feelings. Honestly, I'm not surprised at all and I've been expecting this all along. With her history of injuries, it was quite unlikely that she would've ever been able to handle all the hard training and competing again.

Still, seeing it official is just so hard.

I wish her the best of luck and success with her studies and whatever she wants to do in her life. And I have no doubt that just like with skating, she'll be able to achieve her goals with her amazing attitude and determination.

Thank you for so many amazing years Laura.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Nooo!

vCash
    I'm not surprised but I'm sad I hope to see her back on the ice doing shows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IDC a.k.a. Ritti View Post
    That was amazingly well-made and thoughtful. I'm not really the crier type but I have to admit that this did it for me.

Hopefully someone will make subtitles and put it on YouTube so that English speakers can also watch it and know what's said. It was quite emotional (well, I don't know, at least apparently for me it was).
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    oh my dear Laura
    you will be missed. good luck with your new life

vCash
    Some more tidbits from the video and the articles:

It looks like Laura told about her decision to her coach and family 3 weeks ago (which would mean about 2 weeks after the exhibitions in North Korea). She says that the fuss about North Korea had nothing to do with her decision though.

"When I left for the trip I was all sincere. Then, when I came back, I was flabbergasted about what was going on. It was a crunch. I felt completely misunderstood. It didn't have any effect on this [decision] though."

"I still love to skate. Its is such a lovely form of sports. It still feels great to do those programs, and what I miss after such a long break is expressing myself."

vCash
    Thank you, Laura, for every lovely moment you gave us figure skating fans, in Finland and elsewhere.
    Not a surprise, but so unfair that she had to end her career.

vCash
    not only will I miss Laura dearly
    but the fact that the bland and not so talented Kira Korpi will be the reigning finish skating champ for more years to come because Laura won't be theer anymore, I just can't take

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    but the fact that the bland and not so talented Kira Korpi will be the reigning finish skating champ for more years to come because Laura won't be theer anymore, I just can't take
    Maybe you could leave comments like this to yourself right now. It's not like it's certain Kiira (with all her injuries) will be there next year either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    not only will I miss Laura dearly
    You could be taken more seriously if you could spell the skater´s name right. Or maybe not even then.

vCash
    I will miss Laura on ice very much but I feel myself lucky because I have known her so many years and seen her skating thousands of times.

vCash
    Sad news indeed. She's a lovely skater, and I always feel badly when an athlete doesn't get to leave the sport on her own terms. I'm glad I had the chance to see her skate live, even just once!

Planning? No, no. Let's keep it suicidal.
    vCash
    This is very sad. Judging by the short video of her gala performance in North Korea she had a long road ahead before getting all her jumps back. But to me her skating was never about jumps anyway and I will miss seeing her compete. She was beautiful to watch and I hope she will at least consider doing shows once in a while.

vCash

One of the best ladies to have emerged from the last Olympic cycle. Such a lovely skater. At least she won Euros, medalled at Worlds and placed in the top 6 at the Olympics and probably advanced as much as she could without a 3flip and real consistency.

Her Olympic free skate remains my most-watched performance of the whole 2010 Games.

vCash

Laura Lepistö will skate her long program for this season (that she never got to skate in a competition) in the Plan Ice Gala in Helsinki on April 19.

Articles and videos(in Finnish):
    http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/muutlajit...?taitoluistelu
    http://yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/muut/tai...a_3383031.html
    http://www.iltasanomat.fi/taitoluist...459755871.html
    http://www.iltalehti.fi/talviurheilu...08299_tl.shtml

vCash
    Laura Lepistö will skate her long program for this season (that she never got to skate in a competition) in the Plan Ice Gala in Helsinki on April 19.

Articles and videos(in Finnish):
    http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/muutlajit...?taitoluistelu
    http://yle.fi/urheilu/lajit/muut/tai...a_3383031.html
    http://www.iltasanomat.fi/taitoluist...459755871.html
    http://www.iltalehti.fi/talviurheilu...08299_tl.shtml
    Great news. Thanks a lot.

vCash
    Last edited by MikiAndoFan#1; 04-10-2012 at 10:56 PM.

vCash
    Wow, that was one gorgeous program. The music was to die for. Makes me that she never got to compete with that.

I think this is probably geo-blocked but here's a link for the Finns at least (starts at 58:50). http://www.katsomo.fi/?progId=118843

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Wow, that was one gorgeous program. The music was to die for. Makes me that she never got to compete with that.

I think this is probably geo-blocked but here's a link for the Finns at least (starts at 58:50). http://www.katsomo.fi/?progId=118843
    It's not geo-blocked. It really is a beautiful program!

Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast