Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    They have SM, JSM, USM and RM, I'm translating them as senior, junior, novice and juvenile, is this correct? Any suggestions?

Thanks
    In Sweden we have
    SM - Svensk Mästare - Swedish National Champion Senior (age 15 on July 1st)
    JSM - Junior Svensk Mästare - Swedish National Champion Junior (age 13 - 18 on July 1st)
    USM - Ungdom Svensk Mästare - Swedish National Champion youth (age 10-15 on July 1st)
    RM - Ungdom Rikes Mästare - Swedish National Champion youth (age 10- 13 on July 1st)
    Miniorer - minor than age 11

vCash

Kiira withdraws from Finlandia Trophy.
    Finnish Figure Skating Association's press release

The recovery from the foot injury she got in July has forced her to lighten her training, although she is back on ice now and there's no pain in the foot, she and her coaching team decided it's better to focus on training and be in great shape for the major competitions. Her goals are to make the GPF, "brighten up the medal" at Euros and be in top 5 at Worlds.
    Her new LP (I Got Rhythm by George Gershwin), choreographed by Shae-Lynn Bourne, is "strong and feminine, dancey, and looks exactly like myself". Also, David Wilson has made a Lady Gaga exhibition program for her.

vCash

Videos of Laura Lepistö's press conference yesterday...
    http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/muutlajit...?taitoluistelu
    http://www.iltalehti.fi/nettitv/?32067662

Basically, she said she is not giving up yet, left in tears, and was only able to continue talking to the media after a few minutes break.
    Lepistö withdrew from TEB and will be off ice until November. She can't wear skates at the moment because the boot causes too much pressure to the nerves. She also implies she needs some rest from all the stress caused by the recent injuries.

vCash
    ((Laura)) I hope she can make a full recovery.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IDC a.k.a. Ritti View Post

Basically, she said she is not giving up yet, left in tears, and was only able to continue talking to the media after a few minutes break.
    Lepistö withdrew from TEB and will be off ice until November. She can't wear skates at the moment because the boot causes too much pressure to the nerves. She also implies she needs some rest from all the stress caused by the recent injuries.
    Oh poor Laura, it is really heartbreaking
    I hope she will be able to get through her injuries, she is such a beautiful skater.

vCash

My best wishes to Laura!

vCash
    (((Laura)))
    I hope she will return soon, it's heartbreaking to retire because of injuries ((

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    I haven't been commenting on this much because I really don't know what to say. It's heartbreaking.

Seeing Laura, who is always completely poised and professional in every interview, breaking down (in the second link from Ritti) really wakes you up to the reality of the situation.

I really hope there will be a reward for her and her patience. The mental strength needed to handle the situation is beyond my comprehension.
    Last edited by Hanna; 10-04-2011 at 09:32 PM.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    sad..
    I have really been waiting to see Laura's new LP(Miss Saigon).
    Last edited by t.mann; 10-05-2011 at 06:31 AM.

vCash
    It is heartbreaking to see her like this. One could see her fight for composure so much.

But on the other hand it is great to see how much skating means to her. If there is a way she will be back just for the pure love of it.

(((Laura)))

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedwig View Post
    It is heartbreaking to see her like this. One could see her fight for composure so much.

But on the other hand it is great to see how much skating means to her. If there is a way she will be back just for the pure love of it.

(((Laura)))
    If she can come back, for that reason I really think we might see the type of performance Michelle Kwan gave at 98 Nats. I so hope that can happen. (((Laura)))

vCash
    (((Laura)))

First Jenni retired, and now maybe Laura....please, please get healthy again, I cross everything I have for her!! Her skating is just exquisite! (spelling..??)

vCash
    Just thought to write a bit about the state of the Finnish skating...

First of all, it's a real shame about Kiira and Laura. Just hope both of them get better soon.

Then: Looking at the early competitions this fall the young ladies have all changed a lot. I mean: Beata still has to learn to trust her very tall body but her jumps seem a lot more secure. I was very very impressed by the improvements in Alisa's skating, especially the basic skating and transitions in her SP. Yay! What really puzzles me is Juulia's skating. What has happened to her? Is it just that she's trying to make so many big changes that it falls apart in competitions or that she's not trusting herself?

Also: about the idea of Valtter Virtanen, quad attempts and his thoughts about trying out pairs. I mean, have we ever (since the Jacobssons) had anyone competing in pairs?

vCash
    ^ Ankka, Suvi Asikainen and Riku Pöyry were the last pair in seniors, they were Finnish champions 2003. Maija and Pekka Pekkala were 12th in Europeans 1983 and 17th in the Worlds same year.

Valtter Virtanen has indeed left Finland on Sunday and started to train pairs skating in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. He seems to be very motivated with that.

I agree that Beata and Alisa have learnt a lot. Juulia is still a very elegant skater with lovely spins and arm movements, but the jumps are not there. Maybe her goals after a very surprisingly succesful skater are too much for her now, but I really hope that she finds herself again.

I talked with Cecilia Törn yesterday, and she said she will be back and competes in the Finnish nationals in December. Her injuries are getting better.

Kiira at least said that everything is ok now and she is looking forward to her first GP competition.

vCash
    oh, who is Valtter competing with? Has he a partner already?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnice View Post
    Valtter Virtanen has indeed left Finland on Sunday and started to train pairs skating in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. He seems to be very motivated with that.
    Well, I think Virtanen may have a chance to do somewhat well in pairs. It's a shame, though, that there is still no pairs program in Finland or (correct me if I am wrong) other singles skaters willing to switch over to pairs. Finnice (or other Finnish posters), what do you think the prospects are for Finland to eventually begin a pairs program?

vCash
    Nea Viiri withdrawn from Wasa Cup, what's going on? Hanna? Maija? Only one week to the first qualifications...

vCash
    That Laura video has seriously saddened me.

First and foremost, I just want her to be healthy again. And if she can skate, and skate the way she used to, well - I'll just be so thankful and appreciate all she does. This must be heartbreaking for her.

(((Sending her good thoughts)))

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FinFan View Post
    Nea Viiri withdrawn from Wasa Cup, what's going on? Hanna? Maija? Only one week to the first qualifications...
    She also withdrew from her last JGP so I guess some sort of injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FinFan View Post
    I suppose her to compete in the first qualifications.

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast