Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I like them, especially Cecilia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post
    This is so sad. Is her injury better, though? Or she doesn't want to go to Europeans so that she can be prepared for Worlds?
    She was not able to train on ice two weeks ago, I don't know what is her situation at the moment but I think she decided that she has not enough time to get ready for Euros. That is my guess. Maybe there will be longer statement later.

vCash
    Cecilia is so lovely, but she also is the worst headcase ever...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekatiivi View Post
    She was not able to train on ice two weeks ago, I don't know what is her situation at the moment but I think she decided that she has not enough time to get ready for Euros. That is my guess. Maybe there will be longer statement later.
    Thanks, Nekatiivi. Poor Laura, I hope her injury is healing well and hope we see her at Worlds. Go Laura!

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alilou View Post
    And so is her dress
    Didn't Kwan skate in this dress some years ago?
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    Poor Laura

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    I have a feeling that Laura won't be going to Worlds either. I really really hope she can fully recover from her injury and at least come back for next season. Sounds like the achilles thingy is super nasty.

So 3 spots for Sheffield 2012 is a lost hope (which means that if Kiira and Laura are both OK, no youngsters will be going to Euros next year... so they'd better enjoy it now ).
    But what's the criteria for keeping 2 spots with 3 skaters? The placements of 2 best must not be more than 28? Or has that changed now with the qualifying rounds being back and all? What if neither Juulia and Cecilia makes it forward from the qualifying? Would that mean back to 1 spot only?
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanna View Post
    Would that mean back to 1 spot only?
    Even the thought of that makes me

vCash
    A top 10 place for Kiira means two spots, no matter how the others skate.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    So 3 spots for Sheffield 2012 is a lost hope (which means that if Kiira and Laura are both OK, no youngsters will be going to Euros next year... so they'd better enjoy it now ).

But what's the criteria for keeping 2 spots with 3 skaters? The placements of 2 best must not be more than 28? Or has that changed now with the qualifying rounds being back and all? What if neither Juulia and Cecilia makes it forward from the qualifying? Would that mean back to 1 spot only?
    Same as before: Top 2 <= 28. The impact of the quali round to the calculation is that if the skater doesn't make it out of the quali round, the maximum points (20) for the calculation is higher than the maximum points (18) for not making it out of the SP and into the FS.

Worst case scenario is that neither young skater makes it out of the quali round, and Korpii needs a top 8 finish.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Worst case scenario is that neither young skater makes it out of the quali round, and Korpii needs a top 8 finish.
    Thanks for the explanation. That should be a sure bet then. If Kiira doesn't make the top8, I'll .
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrey aka Pushkin View Post
    Didn't Kwan skate in this dress some years ago?

So this it is. Making top 8 should not be too difficult for Kiira.

Juulia Turkkila is really a blank page, and maybe she can skate well, because she had no expactations of going to the Europeans.

I like Cecilia´s basics and fluidity very much. Buuuuuut.... Dear Cessi, show that I am wrong and that you are not a headcase! And she is only 15.

Maybe Laura will be ok and compete in the WC, maybe not. It is great that they don´t hurry her. By the way, she was chosen to be the best athlete of 2010 in Helsinki metropol area.

vCash
    Sigh. Get well soon Laura!

Would we say Kiira is a definite medal favourite now? (I kinda don't want to say this, but still...)

vCash
    Hi,

The new mode is

"In single skating (Ladies and Men), those who have reached the best 18 in last years European Figure Skating Championships will go straight to the Short Program event. The 18 places are given to countries which mean that if the same skater from last year is no longer skating, another from the same country can take his or her place and will go straight to the Short Program." (www.euroskate2011.com/en/event/new-mode)

So has anybody any idea who are going to skate in preliminary round?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by annnuu View Post
    "In single skating (Ladies and Men), those who have reached the best 18 in last years European Figure Skating Championships will go straight to the Short Program event. The 18 places are given to countries which mean that if the same skater from last year is no longer skating, another from the same country can take his or her place and will go straight to the Short Program." (www.euroskate2011.com/en/event/new-mode)
    Based on that I assume that Juulia will go straight to the SP (getting Laura's spot) and Cecilia will skate in the qualifying round.
    This is just what I think, I don't know for sure. But wouldn't it be logical since Juulia's the one with the higher SB?

Another thing - there was just a short interview with Laura on TV and she said she's still hopeful about Worlds. She hasn't been on the ice for 3 weeks though.
    Last edited by Hanna; 12-22-2010 at 10:19 PM.

vCash
    Based on that I assume that Juulia will go straight to the SP (getting Laura's spot) and Cecilia will skate in the qualifying round.
    This is just what I think, I don't know for sure. But wouldn't it be logical since Juulia's the one with the higher SB?
    IIRC, the one with the lowest world ranking has to go to the Qualifying Round.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    IIRC, the one with the lowest world ranking has to go to the Qualifying Round.
    Thanks Eislauffan!

If this is the right link, then Juulia is at 182 and Cessi is not even on the list. http://www.isuresults.com/ws/ws/wsladies.htm

What's the date when the Worlds Standings will be checked for this particular reason? Looks like Juulia is still scheduled to skate at the Nestle Cup in Poland in early January.

vCash
    Torn has great potential. Does she train with Lepisto? Very similar to Junior Laura.

Finnish basics

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post
    Torn has great potential. Does she train with Lepisto? Very similar to Junior Laura.
    She has amazing potential but the days she decides to land a triple in competition are too few.

And no, she doesn't train with Laura and Virpi Horttana. She trains with Ari-Pekka Nurmenkari's former coach Sirkka Kaipio (who's also the rockin' Finnish commentator on Eurosport (from my siggy) ).

ETA: A better quality vid of Juulia Turkkila (better than my YouTube version) is here https://stll-fi.directo.fi/media/taitoluistelutv/ when you choose "Juniorit, tytöt, vapaaohjelma" (71:49). Juulia starts at 60:20.
    Last edited by Hanna; 12-22-2010 at 10:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poths View Post

Finnish basics
    Her basics are great, her worst threath in her own head. She is a sweet girl in many ways, , maybe she would need a bit more bitchiness in her to land those jumps.

Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast