Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 80
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Back to skating!
    Age
    36
    Posts
    17,416
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2755

    Worlds 2011 Tokyo

    As we are talking about Europeans already - are there already some information about Worlds?

    What arena will it be in?

    How many seats?

    Is there an official website already?

    When do the tickets go on sale?

    Who is coming?

    this is all I found out for now:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Wo..._Championships

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Since Worlds are going to be in Tokyo, I suppose the arena will the Yoyogi National Gymnasium. You can find more information about the stadium here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yoyogi_National_Gymnasium and http://naash.go.jp/yoyogi/.



    I wish I could go!


  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    No Man's Land
    Posts
    69
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm trying my best to go to the Europeans, but the Worlds are out of the question. I can't imagine how could I ever afford a ticket to Japan.

  4. #4
    Prick Admin
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Having a kiki
    Posts
    42,376
    vCash
    506
    Rep Power
    25256
    Quote Originally Posted by julesgotheblues View Post
    I can't imagine how could I ever afford a ticket to Japan.
    By saving money.

    Actually, just looking at prices for accommodation and food, Japan will probably be significantly cheaper than Switzerland.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Isla Tortuga, Thailand
    Age
    32
    Posts
    13,327
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'd love to go. I really wanna got to Tokyo in the near future. I will try to go in June for one of the shows.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    No Man's Land
    Posts
    69
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    allezfred-- I can see your point, but I can find low-cost flights to Switzerland and I might stay with friends, whereas a plane ticket to Japan would cost me a year's wage

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    How much can a trip to Japan (including tickets, food and hotel) cost? I think Portugal doesn't even fly to Japan, so basically I'd have to go to Spain and then to Japan.


  8. #8
    KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    vimeo.com/98880255
    Posts
    13,384
    vCash
    933000
    Rep Power
    85678
    Definitely interested in going and in getting tickets as part of a group.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Skateland
    Posts
    7,841
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Yoyogi seems to be much larger than the National Gymnasium, where the 2007 Worlds were held. Also, Yoyogi is closer to "major fashion action" such as Harajuku...and closer to Shibuya area, so it should be easier to find nearby hotels.

    Yup, I'll be there. One foot is already there, so to speak.

    I'm just waiting for the first time that a Worlds might be held in Seoul. Perhaps the next Asian host for a Worlds will be Korea (2013, 2014 or whenever)?
    Last edited by Frau Muller; 04-01-2010 at 09:09 PM.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    London, Englandia.
    Age
    21
    Posts
    12,277
    vCash
    581
    Rep Power
    0
    I'll be there!

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    West of the Sun
    Age
    28
    Posts
    124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I found some not very expensive (well, by the standards I had set for this ) flights to Tokyo from Poland (not direct though, IIRC) so I'm considering going. I'm so tempted after Worlds in Torino, which was awesome!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Milan, Italy
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,317
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3526
    I think I'll be there, actually I was wondering if it would be crazy enough to go to four continets too
    And I'm very interested in the FSU group

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Beantown
    Posts
    3,302
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    From the US, flights to Tokyo are not expensive if you purchase them in advance... Back in September I did Chicago-Tokyo round trip for $800 which is a great price - flights to Europe cost more than that. However accommodation in Tokyo is expensive as is food, not to mention the cost of the tickets themselves

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    I'll be there!
    Please take me with you!


  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Posts
    9,948
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    Actually, just looking at prices for accommodation and food, Japan will probably be significantly cheaper than Switzerland.
    Seriously? Hmmm. Food for thought.

    However, if I had a chance to travel to Japan I would certainly not waste my time in an arena, because I've never been there yet!

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    In the mountains, where hippies and hillbillies collide!
    Posts
    6,658
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Seriously? Hmmm. Food for thought.

    However, if I had a chance to travel to Japan I would certainly not waste my time in an arena, because I've never been there yet!
    Eys, that's a really big deal. I barely saw any of Moscow whatsoever when I went to Worlds in 2005, and I REALLY regretted it both then and now

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I want to go to Japan too, but since it would be my first time, I find it hard to combine Worlds with tourism and it is too much money to spend just to see Worlds. I saw not much of Tallin and I regretted it also. It was freezing but there were a couple of things I wish I had seen apart from chocolates and food. I was almost all day in Arena and the Shopping center near by. In Russia it was better cause I stayed three days after the competition was over, but to see Moscow and museums and walks in three days, it took so much running that our feet went blue from pain.
    In Torino i tried to do the same like Moscow in between the competitions and now I m sleeping all week to recover!
    I think Euros sound more optimistic to go!

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Back to skating!
    Age
    36
    Posts
    17,416
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2755
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Seriously? Hmmm. Food for thought.

    However, if I had a chance to travel to Japan I would certainly not waste my time in an arena, because I've never been there yet!
    Or combine it. That is the way I am planning to do it. Spend a week in Tokyo for Worlds and see a bit of Tokyo and then travel around Japan for 2 weeks. That would be my dream holiday!

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,945
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Three weeks in Japan? Wow! I m jealous! I think if i did it with apartments, flights and all I would die broke after!

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    The Porny Old Ladies' Home
    Posts
    5,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33653
    Quote Originally Posted by UMBS Go Blue View Post
    Definitely interested in going and in getting tickets as part of a group.
    Me, too. Can we organize something???

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •