Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    I agree - I had never heard of sugar gliders before, but I can't imagine giving a Coke to any pet. Sugar and caffeine?
    I can't image giving my dog coke either, but I could see taking a picture with my cell phone of her trying to lick the straw when I put the soda in the cup holder and thinking it funny.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    I don't feed my dogs dog food, and they've been a lot healthier, happier, active, and have shinier coats without it. Dogs were never meant to eat corn, various starches, beaks, or the by products of by products. They get organic fish, beef, veggies, and occasionally brown rice (for some reason, they loooooove brown rice, but I don't give it to them often).
    On an individual, personal level, I can understand wanting to give your pet the food you would find most palatable. But there are millions and millions and millions of pets out there. Feeding them waste food, and high yield food is one thing, but if all the pets start eating organic specialty food, that's a horrendous amount of farmland that has to be created out of a lot of wild animal's habitat, or millions more children who'll have to starve.

I've never heard of a Sugar Glider before. They are really cute. It seems odd to want to make an undomesticated animal into a pet though.

Speaking of cute- I saw a documentary on chickens yesterday on PBS, and I kind of want a Silky one.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Our dog eats Orijen dog food. He loves it, he's healthy, and his coat looks amazing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reckless View Post
    I'm not sure why a bite of hot dog would be a problem if given as a little treat.
    Because for some animals these things are toxic. They should not eat them under any circumstances whatever, regardless of whether they like them. There is no excuse under any circumstances to feed these animals stuff like that.

And sugar gliders are tiny animals. Just a bite is probably enough to do some damage.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bev Johnston View Post
    Who in their right mind feeds hotdogs and soda to a pet of any variety? I don't give my dogs that kind of crap! People are stupid.
    Well....from time to time as a treat in our "pretty girls" food she does get a bit of hotdog or anything extra in the fridge.
    Without fear you cannot find courage

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    My parents dog luuuuurves veggies of any kind, so he usually gets a scoop of frozen mixed veggies with his food at night or a few fresh ones if mom is making a salad. And cheese.. he loves cheese but he only gets that as a treat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12