Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mao News !

vCash
    She should work on relearning the technique, and no shortcut methods as taught by her previous coach. even if it means no WC gold medal in 2011 it could benefit her in the long run.

Please rework
    1) toe-loop.
    2) Flip.
    3) Loop.

Don't know if she has any intention of EVER learning Sal and/or Lutz. BUT. she already has enough issues to work on already for the next season. Hope she works on these things!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by piano18 View Post
    She should work on relearning the technique, and no shortcut methods as taught by her previous coach. even if it means no WC gold medal in 2011 it could benefit her in the long run.

Please rework
    1) toe-loop.
    2) Flip.
    3) Loop.

Don't know if she has any intention of EVER learning Sal and/or Lutz. BUT. she already has enough issues to work on already for the next season. Hope she works on these things!
    Why should she relearn the toe-loop or her loop jump? (that's her strongest jump IMAO). I do think she can work on the entrance of the flip, but doesn't mean she has to relearn it entirely. Also she does know how to do a Sal and lutz even if she hasn't entirely corrected the edge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by piano18 View Post

Please rework
    1) toe-loop.
    2) Flip.
    3) Loop.

What's wrong with Mao's Loop?

Mao already started fixing her Flip and Toeloop when she went to Tatiana, I think. As for the Lutz and Salchow, Mao knows how to do them, she just didn't attempt them last season (except for the Salchow, where she attempted one at Japan Open). She does need to fix the edge problem on the Lutz, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikiAndoFan#1 View Post

Mao already started fixing her Flip and Toeloop when she went to Tatiana, I think. As for the Lutz and Salchow, Mao knows how to do them, she just didn't attempt them last season (except for the Salchow, where she attempted one at Japan Open). She does need to fix the edge problem on the Lutz, though.
    ITA! Although, I don't understand why they had to fix the flip though. Her flip seems fine before, but now the entrance seems weird.

vCash
    Hmm.....I don't see the potential for Mao. She showed 4 descent seasons without improving. Can she really improve for the coming season??? I am looking at her as another Miki.

vCash
    Oh and i should have added in my earlier post about her 3a, wonder how her new coaching team's plans are for this jump. Like is she gonna base her entire programs around this jump like this season or and work on having a complete program even if it means less 3as. Anyways. as i stated earlier hope she works on the toe loop, flip and loop consistency and hopefully we'll see a better Mao Asada by 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by key65man View Post
    Many people can do a double on the ground. But, it is a diff story with the boots on.

I guess, Mishin will go on if he is serious about it right now.
    Sneaker is a lot ligher. Most skating boots are pretty heavy. About 4-6 pounds each?? That's 10+ pounds of extra weight to your body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSUmessi View Post
    Hmm.....I don't see the potential for Mao. She showed 4 descent seasons without improving. Can she really improve for the coming season??? I am looking at her as another Miki.
    Mmm decent seasons?? She had numerous GP medals and three world medals in the 4 season, including two world titles. And she is only two times out of the podium througout her career. That's a remarkable achievement. Beside her and Yuna, name how many skater(s) had acumulate the number of medals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    Well, she did them before. Her toe jumps have actually gotten more stable for her to bring them back this season, so I think she could start working on a combo with a 3T. It's very hard to get a 3L at the end of the combo ratified for some reason.
    Because there is pre-rotation in a loop jump making it easier to get a DG, not to mention that there is no reach back in a 3-3lo combo, as you have to jump off the lading foot without the assistance of the free leg like in a toe jump.

vCash
    Just wow!

I can't wait to see her develop as a skater in the future!
    That's what I said about Mao in 2002, and now...BLINK...8 years has passed. So, now I look forward to watching development...but I can definitely wait

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    Mmm decent seasons?? She had numerous GP medals and three world medals in the 4 season, including two world titles. And she is only two times out of the podium througout her career. That's a remarkable achievement. Beside her and Yuna, name how many skater(s) had acumulate the number of medals.
    I know, right? I don't understand how people can say that Mao is washed-up. She's only 19, for goodness sakes!

Wasn't there a time when Mao didn't do the 3/toe? I recall people complaining that she didn't have a full arsenal of jumps.
    If Mao can stay healthy, I don't see any reason for her skating NOT to improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen View Post
    Sneaker is a lot ligher. Most skating boots are pretty heavy. About 4-6 pounds each?? That's 10+ pounds of extra weight to your body.
    Exactly. The skates are not only heavy, but also very bulky compared to sneakers. In sneakers, you can pull in much quicker and tighter, so you rotate faster in the air. Also, you don't need--or want--much momentum when you do an axel on the floor. If you have too much momentum, you will jump forward instead of straight up, and that doesn't work.

Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    vCash

Exactly! Or how about she just work on all her jumps I think some people are watching another skater, her triple loop has always been consistent and same goes for toeloops (other than olympics where she caught an edge). Hopefully she can start doing 3ts at the back end of combos again. (and I want to see her do toe walleys too!)
    Quote Originally Posted by miki88 View Post
    I don't understand why they had to fix the flip though. Her flip seems fine before, but now the entrance seems weird.
    Yeah ever since last summer when Tatiana changed it, it looks almost limpy, like she's in some kind of pain or something. Last time I enjoyed her flip was at last years Worlds/World team trophy....ever since then the jump has turned so stiff.
    Am I the only one at the dg'ed 3A at the worlds SP? How was that ur'ed? yes it was landed on the toe pick, but was blade was a full quarter turn around...
    Hoping that we see the old mao back next year....because it looks like she has completely lost the judges favour after this season.
    Last edited by Fallcolor; 04-07-2010 at 01:54 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallcolor View Post
    Am I the only one at the dg'ed 3A at the worlds SP? How was that ur'ed? yes it was landed on the toe pick, but was blade was a full quarter turn around...
    Hoping that we see the old mao back next year....because it looks like she has completely lost the judges favour after this season.
    I still can't believe her 3A was downgraded. It looked fully rotated.

vCash
    Also, TAT will choreograph one program for Mao next season (not sure short or long) while she finds a different coach.

vCash
    Regarding the 3A, I think it's better if Mao just does it as a single jump rather than a combo. Because I've been noticing that the judges tend to downgrade the 3A in her combo. Since we know the base value is not greater than some of the more difficult 3-3 combos, I think it's not worth risking it.

vCash
    Ita. Doing it as a solo jump gives her higher GOE's because the 2t at the end of the combo tends to be slow and often gets small goe's as a result.

vCash
    I still can't believe her 3A was downgraded. It looked fully rotated.

She has the same jump technique as Mirai where she lands on her toepick and then moves to her blade and that can make it very difficult to see the cheat, as the blade will likely come down after the 3/4 turn mark but the toepick will hit the ice before it.

vCash
    She and Mirai have almost identical landings with their ankles and feet...they're able save landings and have a turn out on their jumps using their ankle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallcolor View Post
    She and Mirai have almost identical landings with their ankles and feet...they're able save landings and have a turn out on their jumps using their ankle.
    Yes exactly. Johnny Weir talked about that during the SP at Worlds. Mirai's jumps at nationals I didn't think were UR either but then I saw the replay and because she lands on her toepick you could see that they actually were UR.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast