Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: State Fair Food

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Margot View Post
    When did Tulsa become a state?
    I didn't name it

vCash
    Funnel cake with fruit filling and powdered sugah!!!

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Oh my T-Rex...funnel cakes......I have such strange memories of them. I live in the North Georgia mountains, and there's this very tacky little town called Helen, GA just south of us. They pretend like they're Alpine-Swiss, etc. It's so redneck. And funnel cakes are the big deal there! I have such a hard time considering them as real food.

But perhaps your funnel cake resource (FCR) is a lot classier than mine. Either way, you know I adore you.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    Oh my T-Rex...funnel cakes......I have such strange memories of them. I live in the North Georgia mountains, and there's this very tacky little town called Helen, GA just south of us. They pretend like they're Alpine-Swiss, etc. It's so redneck. And funnel cakes are the big deal there! I have such a hard time considering them as real food.

But perhaps your funnel cake resource (FCR) is a lot classier than mine. Either way, you know I adore you.
    Lurve U 2 (((((((((((Holley))))))))))

I actually ate my first funnel cake at a fair in California after my second Navy ship came back from a six-month deployment. My cousin (also in the Navy) had just gotten married and I drove up to Camp Pendleton to visit them. I had one with strawberries and powdered sugar....it was better than sex! Well, almost....if I wasn't doing this low-carb thing, I'd make one right now...maybe this summer.

It's all about the batter I think. A nice from scratch batter, you can never go wrong with that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, the State Fair of Texas is the king of fried crap. I had fried oreos last year and it was the most unsatisfying meal ever. It was gross.

They also introduced fried butter at the fair last year, but I did not try it. Supposedly they 'flavor' the butter then fry it. Apparently it was really popular. Yuck.

And I love fried pickles. One of my favorite things to eat!!

ETA: LOLOLOL I forgot Texas also loves to fry liquids. My dad has had the fried coke and my mom has had the fried cappuccino.
    God Bless Texas. This is why I love this state.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123