Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: State Fair Food

vCash

State Fair Food

http://www.delish.com/recipes/cookin...food?GT1=47001

Be on the lookup for the Krispy Kreme Chicken Sandwhich. A fried chicken patty topped with Swiss chees tucked inside a sliced Krispy Kreme glazed doughnut and served with a side of Smucker's honey sauce.

I think someone dropped the ball and left out the bacons also.

engaged to dupa
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I think someone dropped the ball and left out the bacons also.
    And the mayonnaise.
    3539 and counting.

Slightly Wounding Banana list cont: MacMadame.

vCash
    I've tried chocolate-covered bacon (meh) and deep fried oreos (not bad) but my new favorite is unique -- NC State Ice Cream. Delicious and the kids working the stand are generous to a fault. One cone is enough for three people. We shared because I wasn't putting kids on rides, or in my car, after eating that much ice cream.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    What is NC State Ice Cream - ice cream made on the university dairy? Maryland has that too and it is good.

Fried chicken donut sandwich with honey sauce makes me
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    Yep, NC State Ice Cream is a favorite by a lot of people. Very reasonably priced too

From the Bloc
    vCash
    ooo what fun! I'm all about good eating, but IMO State Fairs and the Super Bowl are when all bets are off.

Happy memories of the Iowa State Fair when we tried deep friend Twinkies - before they hand it to you, they ask if you want extra powdered sugar on it.

The beef "sundae" sounds like fun - I'm only surprised they haven't found a way to serve it on a stick.

vCash
    Deep fried Oreos!

I've never actually been to a state fair (does New York even have them? I don't know...), but we always get them from this amusement park in Connecticut that we visit every year. Slightly disgusting, but in the best way possible.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Satellitegirl View Post
    Yep, NC State Ice Cream is a favorite by a lot of people. Very reasonably priced too
    And you can get it year round on campus. Reminds self to indulge soon...

Quote Originally Posted by silverstars View Post
    I've never actually been to a state fair (does New York even have them? I don't know...)
    New York State Fair is in Syracuse.

vCash
    At our small county fair, about the best thing they have are cheese curds and funnel cakes, which are good, but not really a novelty. I really wish they'd switch things up and bring the deep fried Oreos because I heard they were divine!

vCash
    The presenter at a recent cardiac training I attended is from North Carolina and said that the hot new treat at their state fair is deep fried butter. Freeze a stick of butter, bread it, and fry it. I am not making this up.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Icetalavista View Post
    The presenter at a recent cardiac training I attended is from North Carolina and said that the hot new treat at their state fair is deep fried butter. Freeze a stick of butter, bread it, and fry it. I am not making this up.
    I believe you. It's a big game of "what can we deep fry next?"

I thought I saw once on the news someone trying as a trial to deep fry "salad" (lettuce)

http://www.ncstatefair.org/2009/News...foodphenom.htm
    One of the most popular questions about the N.C. State Fair each year is “What is going to be the new deep-fried food?”

No doubt people ask because surveys of State Fair visitors indicate food is the number one reason people attend the Fair.
    There are ample examples of this concept: deep-fried mac-n-cheese, deep-fried Oreos, deep-fried peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, deep-fried pizza, barbecue sundaes.
    A few foods that have slipped out this year: chicken-fried bacon, chocolate-covered bacon, funnel cake fries, deep-fried banana splits, and caramel-and-bacon-covered candy apples.
    Video: Sampling the new chocolate covered bacon and deep-fried Ho-Hos
    Last edited by HisWeirness; 03-31-2010 at 04:46 AM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    there's a restaurant here that lets you bring any food you want to deep fry and people bring odd things just to see what will happen
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I've heard of deep fried dill pickles. Chocolate covered bacon sounds like heaven to me.....but I'd better take a pass.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    I've heard of deep fried dill pickles. Chocolate covered bacon sounds like heaven to me.....but I'd better take a pass.
    Fried pickles are big around here, I see them as appetizers at a lot of places. I hate them but I only like pickles cold and even then I never crave them or anything.

I've always wanted to try choc covered bacon. I am a huge fan of salty sweet.

Deep fried butter sounds nuts! I've heard of people eating butter but I couldn't imagine biting into a stick of butter. How incredibly unhealthy is that, even more so than most fried foods!

Fried oreos...hmm, that sounds interesting to say the least.

As for this Krispy Kreme burger...GUHROSS! Sounds like something Sandra Lee would try to sell.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Holley Calmes View Post
    I've heard of deep fried dill pickles.
    I thought you were from the South?

The year we went to the Iowa State Fair, all the talk wasn't about what was going to be deep fried (they've been there done that apparently), but rather what would be served on a stick. The local newspaper was showcasing the lasted gadgets for beer on a stick that year.

vCash
    the Minnesota state fair has a huge thing about "on a stick" foods: mac and cheese, pickles, deepfried snickers, etc

the arts building had a cute promotion one year. It put art reproductions on a stick.

Maybe they could deep fry actual sticks and put deep fried sticks on sticks. it's the logical progression.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Onion rings and corn dogs!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    New York State Fair is in Syracuse.
    I don't remember there being any noteworthy food items, but the life sized butter sculpture is always a show stopper IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post

Fried chicken donut sandwich with honey sauce makes me

It even looks gross. There goes my appetite for the night.

vCash
    Despite knowing how horrible for your health the various state fair foods are, I have always wanted to travel the US one summer and go from fair to fair just trying the food! There used to be a show on Food Network that would go to different fairs and show the foods. My mouth would just water! This is definitely on my bucket list!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast