Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: DWTS 3/29

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    It was Niecy, IIRC, who used the term.
    I am really befuddled by people taking offense to it. A lot of celebrities on the show over the many seasons have called the pros their "teachers." I believe Evan has already said more than once, "I have a great teacher." Niecy obviously meant it as a compliment.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    Why her? Why has she been such a target? It's odd and terribly unfortunate.
    Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    Why her? Why has she been such a target? It's odd and terribly unfortunate.
    She's a pretty young woman in a non-traditional job that objected to being filmed nude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I was surprised as well, but I guess I shouldn't have been. Most DWTS voters are women, and they're not going out of their way to support Pamela's boobiferous sex-on-a-stick schtick. Still, her dancing ought to outlast a few of the others, especially Kate and Buzz.
    Your theory and description are great!
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr50 View Post
    She's a pretty young woman in a non-traditional job that objected to being filmed nude.
    How dare she be offended by being peeped at in hotel rooms. </sarcasm>

Hope they catch whatever sicko is sending the letters. People like that should be locked up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie cut View Post
    I am really befuddled by people taking offense to it. A lot of celebrities on the show over the many seasons have called the pros their "teachers." I believe Evan has already said more than once, "I have a great teacher." Niecy obviously meant it as a compliment.
    Isn't each pair referred to as "couple" as well? No big deal. Partners, pairs, teacher/student. They're in this competition together. Each couple better work in sync, because if one falter, they both get eliminated.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRad View Post
    Isn't each pair referred to as "couple" as well? No big deal. Partners, pairs, teacher/student. They're in this competition together. Each couple better work in sync, because if one falter, they both get eliminated.
    I think it bugs me because if you took it to a *dance* forum if you imply a pro/am couple is a partnership you'll get dogpiled. Mostly by pro-am people (though there are some am dancers who just HATE pro/am and are snots about ams who dance it). To say a couple are partners means something for dancesport and really implies a degree of equality that's just not appropriate for pro/am.

vCash
    How awful, hope they find the person that is behind the threats.

vCash
    I think it bugs me because if you took it to a *dance* forum if you imply a pro/am couple is a partnership you'll get dogpiled. Mostly by pro-am people (though there are some am dancers who just HATE pro/am and are snots about ams who dance it). To say a couple are partners means something for dancesport and really implies a degree of equality that's just not appropriate for pro/am.
    That's fine if dance pro/ams want to make the distinction. I'll say I just learned something new about professional dancing.

BTW, didn't Shawn Johnson get a threat too while she was with DWTS?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Brooke is following a script and they had a number of technical issues this week. Give her time. She was excellent on RockStar.
    Brooke says shes not on script when she asks the questions after the dance.... And she's horrid at it, perhaps they shold GIVE her a script. (Although they really should have taught sent her to "reading the teleprompter 101" before she went to work)

Between Booke and Kate... this season is just painful

vCash
    But is this a tread about a show on television or a *dance* forum? Frankly, I'm bugged because I posted my opinion on Neicy's comment and it's still being ranted on pages later.

Thanks to this show, I know more about Louis than I do Neicy and consider him someone more famous.

I just wanted to talk about a tv show that I was enjoying. I'll stop now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jenji124 View Post
    How awful, hope they find the person that is behind the threats.
    The e-mails — sent by a man in Newport News, Va., to the show — began in September but Andrews was allegedly not told of the threats until Thursday.

Andrews’ lawyer, Marshall Grossman, told TMZ: "We are outraged that these e-mails did not come to our attention until now."

The e-mails were initially sexual in nature but turned violent on March 14, with a message containing direct death threats.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story...threats-040310

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/03/erin-a...wth-the-stars/

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I think it bugs me because if you took it to a *dance* forum if you imply a pro/am couple is a partnership you'll get dogpiled.
    Well, we arent on one are we? Why are we caught up in semantics when this isnt a show about real professional dancing or even about picking the best dancer?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    Well, we arent on one are we? Why are we caught up in semantics when this isnt a show about real professional dancing or even about picking the best dancer?
    Because thinking someone has a bad attitude when they're being respectful and correct is rather stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrr50 View Post
    Bingo.
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Because thinking someone has a bad attitude when they're being respectful and correct is rather stupid.
    yes, but how many people here really thought that?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    It seems that when Kate Gosselin met Pamela Anderson on the set of Dancing With the Stars, she assumed they would be the best of buddies. Pamela is a good person to know when you're trying to get the "good mom" image, right? Or not. But anyway, it seems that Pamela Anderson is totally annoyed by Kate Gosselin.
    http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/P...Fan/40233.html

vCash
    Imagine a Kate Gosselin sex tape: one minute of boring sex following by 29 minutes of criticism and whining.

vCash
    But anyway, it seems that Pamela Anderson is totally annoyed by Kate Gosselin.
    I never in a million years would have thought I had anything in common with Pamela Anderson, other than my gender, but it seems that I do.

vCash
    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere on the thread yet.

Evan Lysacek Has Two Broken Toes; Will He Still Go Dancing?
    By Joyce Eng
    Fri Apr 2, 11:26 AM PDT

Evan Lysacek is nursing two broken toes, but still plans to perform on Dancing with the Stars next week.

"I have two broken toes. Ouch!!" the Olympic gold medalist tweeted Friday.

The injury is not expected to take him out of Monday's show, his rep told TVGuide.com, adding that Lysacek has been rehearsing his quickstep the whole week while on tour with Stars on Ice (he made his debut Thursday).

Working through pain is nothing new for Lysacek: The figure skater won the world championships last year with a stress fracture in his foot.

Lysacek, 24, and his partner, Anna Trebunskaya, earned a 24 for their jive on Monday — the second-highest score of the night.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast