Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: DWTS 3/29

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    per Carrie Anne, they are taped in
    That's some strong tape. I'll bet they could use it on the NASA Shuttles to hold on those loose tiles.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    It's hardly ever accurate since most people probably vote online. It's way faster.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Evan go relatively early. His lack of audience personality is not helping him.
    I thought Evan showed a lot of personality last night, especially in the rehearsal footage. He has a somewhat monotone speaking voice which can be a little off-putting, but he seemed much more relaxed and fun last night than during the first week.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I like him, but my gauge is my stylist who was in love after the Olympics. He's lost some enthusiasm. We'll see how he does, and he's probably the best male dancer, but I'm not certain he's going to get the audience involved. I hope so.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Actually here's what one source had to say.

"Everyone involved in the show thinks Kate is impossible. We all feel very sorry that poor Tony got paired up with her. She talks to him as if he is her ninth child," sources tell me. "At one point things got so bad that Kate demanded that the shows producers fire Tony and get her a new partner. However, everyone would rather get rid of her than Tony, who is loved by all the staff."
    http://www.popeater.com/2010/03/30/k...dancing-fired/

And Tony has had tons of partners who weren't very good and none of this kind of reaction.

vCash
    Maybe everyone is getting on the Kate's hate wagon and is trying to paint her in the worst light possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Maybe everyone is getting on the Kate's hate wagon and is trying to paint her in the worst light possible.
    Have you ever seen her show? TLC is not trying to paint her in the worst possible light and she still comes across as treating others (like her husband) as children and as a royal pain the arse.

Is anyone really surprised to hear that Kate is so difficult to work with on DWTS? That's even less surprising to hear than the news that Ricky Martin is gay.

vCash
    Tom B just tweeted...

Just found out tonight's bottom two on DWTS! WTF???

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    maybe that Dial Idol DWTS prediction wasnt so off after all?
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    And I agree with danceronice about the teacher presenting the material in different ways to find one that clicks with the student. Funny, but I didn't think that would be Tony's weakness -- I thought Maks was the just do what I said style of teacher.
    It probably isn't Tony's weakness lol. Kate's problem is that she is a whiny self-entitled egomaniac. She thinks everything should be handed to her on a silver platter without working for it. Now she is in a scenario where work is very necessary and she can't handle it. Not a shock to me.

I hope the DialIdol prediction isn't right. Even if it is, doesn't the judges score count for 50%? Wouldn't that make it impossible for Evan to be in the bottom 2?

vCash
    ^^ Ditto. I don't think Evan is in the bottom two, because of his scores. By shocking, Tom B. probably means someone like Nicey, Erin, Jake or Kate. (Kate would be shocking to him because didn't she say that the producers had "planned for her to stay awhile?").

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KikiSashaFan View Post
    Tom B just tweeted...
    I don't like the sound of that! But it's really weird, if it does refer to Evan. I didn't think "people may be losing a little enthusiasm" would translate to bottom two, at least not this early!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    If Evan is in the bottom two, I think us skate fans need to collectively hit the phones if he stays another week.

Cruder than you thought
    vCash
    I know dialidol means little this early in the season but

Spoiler

Disclaimer: The post contained herein represents the opinions of a fan and may or may not bear any relation to reality.

vCash
    I hope it's not Niecy or Pamela. They're fun to watch.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    I know dialidol means little this early in the season but

Spoiler

Well, DI only recorded 1496 votes and 93 busy signals. I don't think that's a huge sample. Nearly 40% of the votes/busys were for Buzz, leading me to think the geeks are using the DI software again like they did for Woz.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Is anyone really surprised to hear that Kate is so difficult to work with on DWTS? That's even less surprising to hear than the news that Ricky Martin is gay.
    In last week's thread, I linked to a NY Daily News article which said "sekret sources" indicate Kate has been late to the rehearsals and other appointments (hair, wardrobe, makeup) and was dismissive when people tried to talk to her about it.

They also said they expected the worst from Shannen Doherty because of her reputation as being difficult, but that she has been very easy to work with
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    First couple safe: Buzz and partner

First couple in the bottom two: Pam and partner!!!

Oh, MY!!!!!
    "Once you've skated together long enough, and you're really good friends, you can close your eyes, put your hand out and she's right there." Joe Dolkiewicz, 2011 US Novice Pairs Bronze Medalist

vCash
    WTF???? Buzz isn't in the bottom two, but Pamela Anderson is???

I hope Kate Gosslin is the other one in the bottom two and that she goes. No way do I want to see Pamela gone already!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    this show is a lot about your pre existing fanbase, I can see Pam not having much of one although she is more famous than some of the other contestants
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I love Pam. I hope she stays.

I tried to vote online last night, but the server was too busy.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast