Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,261
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

    Happy Birthday Maria Butyrskaya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Happy Birthday Maria!!!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Happy Birthday, Maria!


  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Holding out hope for Abbott
    Posts
    316
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Happy Birthday Masha! Still one of my all-time favourites.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Age
    21
    Posts
    14,081
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Happy Birthday to DickButtonFan, as well!


  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,281
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3052
    Happy 38th!

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    12,332
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    38 ... and she is gorgeous. There's hope for any of us !
    Happy b-day Masha !

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    473
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Happy Birthday Maria!
    I miss the subtle drama and maturity she brought to the ice.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,255
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    С Днем Рождения, Маша! Вы и Ваша семья так прекрасны!

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Searching for Sergei Verbillo's lost stache
    Posts
    715
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    happy bday to this beautiful bombshell! the only Russian lady skater I truly loved to watch...how i miss her dearly

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    496
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I had a dream about her yesterday!!

    Happy 30s to this Russian zaznoba.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Happy 50th Maria! You look great!

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Turzynbaeva is the new Gedevanishvili
    Posts
    8,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Is she really 38?? time flies

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sochi voids
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,137
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Happy birthday! I had to double take when I saw she was 38.

    Is she still with her boy toy hockey playing hubby? I love that Maria is a cougar.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,345
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8369
    Happy belated birthday to my favorite skater ever! I first watched her while randomly watching 97 Worlds and was intrigued by the pissed off redheaded Russian with the cracked out green costume. It was love at first sight.

    And I don't care what anyone says, this is the best ladies short program since Baiul's 1994 SP.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    And I don't care what anyone says, this is the best ladies short program since Baiul's 1994 SP.
    I was surprised she didnt get any 6.0s when she skated last. She was clearly the winner of the SP so it is not like they had to hold back her marks.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,255
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I was surprised she didnt get any 6.0s when she skated last. She was clearly the winner of the SP so it is not like they had to hold back her marks.
    Masha was always judged unfairly. From the '98 Olympic bronze she lost to Chen Lu, to the '01 World bronze she lost to Sarah Hughes, and to being placed below Hughes in the SLC Olympic SP. She certainly wasn't a judges' pet. The only time I thought she got help from the judges was at the 1998 Worlds SP.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    13,191
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Masha was always judged unfairly. From the '98 Olympic bronze she lost to Chen Lu, to the '01 World bronze she lost to Sarah Hughes, and to being placed below Hughes in the SLC Olympic SP. She certainly wasn't a judges' pet. The only time I thought she got help from the judges was at the 1998 Worlds SP.
    I agree. She should have gotten all those placings you refer to. She was also undermarked in the 95-96 and 96-97 seasons before she became somewhat of a "name".

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Two-foot skating = BAD
    Posts
    20,463
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Ladies skating has never been the same since she quit.

    She was the real "lady," so feminine and elegant. Such amazing personality on the ice. A real diva.

    There isn't really anyone quite like her.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,580
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    So at the age of 28, I find myself a groupie, stalking the "Champions on Ice" skaters at Madison Square Garden.

    When I asked Maria for her autograph, right after she won Worlds, she looked shocked that anyone in the States knew who she was.

    Me: "I'm so happy you won!"
    Maria: "I am too!"

    Then later she mentions somewhere (FS International? Blades?) about getting asked for an autograph in NYC and how surprised she was to be famous.

    LOVE her! Happy Birthday, girl!

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    728
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post
    Happy belated birthday to my favorite skater ever! I first watched her while randomly watching 97 Worlds and was intrigued by the pissed off redheaded Russian with the cracked out green costume. It was love at first sight.

    And I don't care what anyone says, this is the best ladies short program since Baiul's 1994 SP.
    This SP was one of the BEST! Love watching this even today.. AHH!!! Happy BDAY Maria!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •