Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Regarding pairs at Senior GP.
    I think no pair will get 2 events if they are not among 12 at the recent Worlds (i.e. are guaranted 2 events). This is what happened last year (after original assignment and before withdrawals). And this is because there are only 8 pairs per event, so hardly enough spots even to provide guaranted events.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Maxwell and Musademba have already done three seasons on the JGP. I'd rather see them in senior Bs and agree that Maxwell would be a great pick for Skate America.
    Musademba I don't know much about, seems a little inconsistent based on her JGP results but she is a nice skater. Angela I think is fantastic and if she could finally get out on the senior GP circuit I think she could do well for herself in a couple more years. I know she's pretty much all about the jumps and needs to work on her PCS and artistry, but she is just so FUN to watch, her jumps are huge, she has lots of energy and spunk, and she's fast. I'd rather watch her than Caroline or Alissa any day.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    With both Musademba and Maxwell having withdrawn from Nationals, I will be interested to see if, when and how they compete this summer.

Moved over from the Zhang thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Czisny I think will continue- she's mentioned resuming training, etc. that doesn't give me the impression that she's quitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Is she going to resume training coachless? Also where she joined SOI as a cast member is she allowed to continue competing - now that she has "gone pro"? This is why I wonder. At any rate, no offense to Alissa, she's a lovely skater, but if USFSA has to make the choice between giving Alissa 2 GP events and giving say, Christina Gao or Agnes Zawazki 2 GP events, I seriously hope they give it to Gao or Zawadzki, they need to be looking out for the future and I just don't think Czisny is the future of US figure skating just given her age, inconsistency, and issues. She has earned at least one event fair and square and is deserving of 2 if that's what USFSA decides to give her, I just hope it's not at the expense of someone else with more promise.
    Skaters don't lose their eligibility when they tour with SOI. Also, Czisny, if she confirms she is competing next season, could end up being invited to a 2nd GP by one of the 5 other host countries.

vCash
    Professioinal competitions make someone lose eligibilty. Like Lambiel losing eligibility for On Thin Ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    With both Musademba and Maxwell having withdrawn from Nationals, I will be interested to see if, when and how they compete this summer.

Moved over from the Zhang thread:

Skaters don't lose their eligibility when they tour with SOI. Also, Czisny, if she confirms she is competing next season, could end up being invited to a 2nd GP by one of the 5 other host countries.
    Oh ok, thanks for clarifying. Yeah, Alissa I'm kind of putting in the same boat as Fumie right now, if they want to keep skating, all the more power to them, they are both lovely, but at this point I think a comeback from either isn't likely. I'm just surprised Alissa wants to continue competing, I'd imagine she must get so upset when her nerves cause her to bomb time and again, it must be frustrating.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    From the Detroit Free Press' 4/30 SOI preview article (scroll down to the end): http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...te=fullarticle
    Czisny, who split with her longtime coach (Julie Berlin) after nationals, has been working with Sato on tour but said she hasn't announced who'll coach her next season.

"I promised myself another year," Czisny said of competing. "I want to see how it goes."
    Also, I posted article links about 2 potential U.S. ladies (Zawadzki and Siraj) who are likely to debut on the JGP in this thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...7&postcount=92

vCash
    From the Detroit Free Press' 4/30 SOI preview article (scroll down to the end): http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...te=fullarticle

Also, I posted article links about 2 potential U.S. ladies (Zawadzki and Siraj) who are likely to debut on the JGP in this thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...7&postcount=92
    Thanks! Yasmin is soo cute, I'm excited to see her skate on the JGP, she is such a little fire cracker!

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    FYI, U.S. Figure Skating has added a new page on their site titled 2010-11 International Selection Pool that "includes all Team A, B and C age-eligible athletes and any other athletes being considered for an international competition."

vCash
    FYI, U.S. Figure Skating has added a new page on their site titled 2010-11 International Selection Pool that "includes all Team A, B and C age-eligible athletes and any other athletes being considered for an international competition."
    Interesting page.

For pairs Brooke/Ben are listed here but not in the team envelope so probably retired. Marina Guterres/Justin Schumann are listed here but were on IPS so probably split.

Those that were not in the A, B, C teams but on the Int selection pool these and my guess at their assignment. Anyone else want to do the same for ladies/men/dance?

Molly Aaron/Daniyel Cohen -B
    Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir -GP based on world rank for sure
    Tracy Tanovich/Michael Chau -JGP
    Tiffany Vise/Don Baldwin -B
    Morgan Agster/Adam Civiello -JGP
    Olivia Oltmanns/Joshua Santillan -JGP
    Morgan Sowa/David Leenen -JGP

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    For pairs Brooke/Ben are listed here but not in the team envelope so probably retired. Marina Guterres/Justin Schumann are listed here but were on IPS so probably split.
    Castile/Okolski's and Liang's names have now been removed from the ISP list. I believe Guterres/Schumann are still listed in the ISP because they have not made their split official even though Schumann is currently listed on IPS (icepartnersearch.com).

And just to clarify -- not everyone listed in the ISP is guaranteed an international assignment but they all will be monitored this summer. Also, singles skaters/teams not currently listed, plus any newly formed teams, could be considered for a possible assignment based on their summer competition performances.

vCash
    Following the link to Champs Camp from the ISP page, it appears USFS has made changes. It will no longer be in June but at the end of August and skaters will be performing their programs for feedback/monitoring. It sounds like what the Canadian fed has done for the past few seasons, and it's probably more useful to the skaters than having to sit in 2 days of seminars. The drawback is that their programs have to be ready, and esp this year, that will be a challenge for the skaters who are on SOI and won't likely start on new programs until the middle/end of June (and are probably exhausted).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    The drawback is that their programs have to be ready, and esp this year, that will be a challenge for the skaters who are on SOI and won't likely start on new programs until the middle/end of June (and are probably exhausted).
    And for the dancers who can't make a Short Dance until they learn exactly what it's supposed to contain and that it will indeed be the requirement.

Or an OD if that proposal surprisingly doesn't pass.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    Following the link to Champs Camp from the ISP page, it appears USFS has made changes. It will no longer be in June but at the end of August and skaters will be performing their programs for feedback/monitoring. It sounds like what the Canadian fed has done for the past few seasons, and it's probably more useful to the skaters than having to sit in 2 days of seminars. The drawback is that their programs have to be ready, and esp this year, that will be a challenge for the skaters who are on SOI and won't likely start on new programs until the middle/end of June (and are probably exhausted).
    FYI...There will not be a "champs camp" this year, for all of the team envelope skaters, there will be mini-camps attached to three major summer competitions: Liberty Open, Detroit Open and Glacier Falls Summer Classic (for pairs it will be at Indy, and for dance Lake Placid). It is being strongly suggested to the skaters that they enter a non-qual over the summer, that is in conjunction with their monitoring and mini-camp.

Sylvia: I stand corrected on the Senior GP skater/teams only....should have clarified that..thanks.
    Last edited by crzesk8dad; 05-12-2010 at 02:06 AM. Reason: misposted
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    As Debbie S mentioned above, there will be a Champs Camp this year, but it will be for the Senior Grand Prix skaters/teams only and will take place in Colorado Springs from August 26-29 -- see: http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=428

Quote Originally Posted by sammyf View Post
    Tracy Tanovich/Michael Chau -JGP
    I only wish Tanovich/Chau, after 6 seasons together, could have held on long enough to finally experience a JGP this fall.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 05-11-2010 at 06:36 AM.

vCash
    [/url]

I only wish Tanovich/Chau, after 6 seasons together, could have held on long enough to finally experience a JGP this fall.

Yeah that is a shame that they just missed out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Thanks! Yasmin is soo cute, I'm excited to see her skate on the JGP, she is such a little fire cracker!
    I took some poor video of Yasmin at the Crystal Skate in Boxborough, MA last June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBci0naPH6k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwFeRoaftSA
    Last edited by Polymer Bob; 05-12-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Reposting the link to a 2/20/10 local Massachusetts article & video about Yasmin Siraj before she made her international debut as a novice: http://www.wickedlocal.com/brookline...n-the-Olympics (she lands a 3T+3T(ur) and a nice 3Lo in the practice video)

This May 8th local Colorado Springs article on Agnes Zawadzki seems to imply at the end that she may try the Senior Grand Prix this fall: http://www.gazette.com/sports/skater...r-success.html

Title-less
    vCash
    Not bad for someone who practically hit rock bottom after grabbing a silver medal at the 2007 intermediate nationals, with a fourth-place finish at the 2008 novice nationals and a fifth-place finish at the Midwestern sectionals later that year that caused her to not qualify for the 2009 junior nationals.
    4th at novice is rock bottom? Novice nationals, junoir nationals?

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    4th at novice is rock bottom? Novice nationals, junoir nationals?
    Well, I don't consider that particular reporter (Gomez) to be very knowledgeable about skating...

vCash
    Well, I don't consider that particular reporter (Gomez) to be very knowledgeable about skating...
    To be polite, he's an idiot who is obligated to write about skating. He constantly writes things that are grossly inaccurate.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast