Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Re: the post above- where does Makarova fit in there? Thank you!

vCash
    2010-11 Senior GP early general discussion (not just US skaters): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72823

2010-11 JGP early general discussion: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=69215

vCash
    Here are the mens
    2. Evan 25770
    8 Weir 238.87
    10. Abbott 235.38
    11.Rippon 231.38
    23. Mroz 212.68
    25.Bradley 212.19
    34. Messing 197.03
    35. Miner 196.09
    37. Carriere 195.08
    38. Hochstein 194.30
    39. Dornbush 191.80
    42. Mahbanoozadeh 186.48

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Re: the post above- where does Makarova fit in there? Thank you!
    she is ranked 12 on season best

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    she is ranked 12 on season best
    Makarova was 8th at worlds so she's guaranteed 2 events next season no matter what. And I Think Ross Miner will be the first to get 2nd event because he already has 1 event in the bag thanks to his bronze at JGP final unlike Dornbush, Hochstein, Armin, etc...

My Take on Ladies ....

Guaranteed 2 Spots

Nagasu & Flat (4) : Both Top 12 at worlds, according to the rules they'll get 2 events.

For Sure 2 Spots

Czisny, Wagner & Zhang (6) : All three girls will be among the top 24 SB scores and Top 24 world standings , plus they all have high enough profiles in the international scene, they'll get 2 events no matter what too.

Gao & Zawadski (4) : If both decide to move up to Senior they will have no problem with getting the second assignemnt (they already have one thanks to JGP and Jr. Worlds), all the top juniors from the last season always get two events in the next Grand Prix and even the not so top juniors (think Hecken and Helgesson this year).

More than Likely 2 Spots :

Dobbs (2) : She'll be among the Top 24 scores and her 4th place at Four Continents wont be ignored. SHe's the new Katrina Hacker, she'll get two.

Likely only 1 Spot, but you never know :

With all of the above we're left with only 2 slots available. One will probably go to Gilles thanks to her decent enough results and the last one should be the 3rd Skate America girl (Musademba, Maxwell or Gilles again) after the monitoring of summer competitions.

Bebe is done .
    Last edited by SamuraiK; 03-30-2010 at 12:08 AM.

vCash
    Dance
    2. D&W 223.03
    4. B&A 203.07
    15, Shibs 175.95
    16. S&B 174.30
    27 Navbom 160.89
    33 Hubbell 154.20
    34. C&Z 153.92
    35. C&L 153.77
    36. T&B 153.50
    38. Gilles and Donohue 152.60
    53. Lichtman and Copely 144.74
    54. Summersett and Gilles 144.53
    Last edited by mysticchic; 03-30-2010 at 12:59 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    Makarova was 8th at worlds so she's guaranteed 2 events next season no matter what. And I Think Ross Miner will be the first to get 2nd event because he already has 1 event in the bag thanks to his bronze at JGP final unlike Dornbush, Hochstein, Armin, etc...

My Take on Ladies ....

Guaranteed 2 Spots

Nagasu & Flat (4) : Both Top 12 at worlds, according to the rules they'll get 2 events.

For Sure 2 Spots

Czisny, Wagner & Zhang (6) : All three girls will be among the top 24 SB scores and Top 24 world standings , plus they all have high enough profiles in the international scene, they'll get 2 events no matter what too.

Gao & Zawadski (4) : If both decide to move up to Senior they will have no problem with getting the second assignemnt (they already have one thanks to JGP and Jr. Worlds), all the top juniors from the last season always get two events in the next Grand Prix and even the not so top juniors (think Hecken and Helgesson this year).

More than Likely 2 Spots :

Dobbs (2) : She'll be among the Top 24 scores and her 4th place at Four Continents wont be ignored. SHe's the new Katrina Hacker, she'll get two.

Likely only 1 Spot, but you never know :

With all of the above we're left with only 2 slots available. One will probably go to Gilles thanks to her decent enough results and the last one should be the 3rd Skate America girl (Musademba, Maxwell or Gilles again) after the monitoring of summer competitions.

Bebe is done .
    Nice analysis. I hope that the USFSA doesn't assign any of Musademba, Maxwell or Gilles before seeing several solid summer comp results from any of them -- they've each had rather weak outings this year. Is Meissner in the mix for one GP event if she does well during the summer? I'd take her over the other three in a heartbeat.

vCash
    Pairs
    10. Denny and Barrett 172.47
    12. E&L 171.92
    14. McBru 170.17
    16. I&B 158.78
    18. 18 157.49 Caitlin YANKOWSKAS / John COUGHLIN
    31 Simpson and Miller 144.80
    35. Brook and Ben 139.58
    40. Castelli and Shnapir 133.01
    47. Zhang and Toth 128.01
    Last edited by mysticchic; 03-30-2010 at 01:01 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    Nice analysis. I hope that the USFSA doesn't assign any of Musademba, Maxwell or Gilles before seeing several solid summer comp results from any of them -- they've each had rather weak outings this year. Is Meissner in the mix for one GP event if she does well during the summer? I'd take her over the other three in a heartbeat.
    Kimmie is ranked 33 in the world. No season best this year

vCash
    Dance
    2. D&W 223.03
    4. B&A 203.07
    15, Shibs 175.95
    16. S&B 174.30
    27 Navbom 160.89
    33 Hubbell 154.20
    34. C&Z 153.92
    35. C&L 153.77
    36. T&B 153.50
    38. Gilles and Donohue 152.60
    53. Lichtman and Copely 144.74
    54. Summersett and Gilles 144.53
    I'm curious about how the Shibutanis are likely to score in international senior competitions given how high their junior scores have been. I'm still trying to picture them doing better than Samuelson & Bates -- but aren't junior scores generally lower because there are fewer elements and shorter program times?

vCash
    Kimmie is ranked 33 in the world. No season best this year
    But she's still eligible to be invited, right?

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Kimmie is only going to have around 267 world standings points when the 07/08 season results are dropped, so she will not have the ranking or SB scores to be "invited" to any of the GPs, she could only be assigned to SA by the USFSA (host pick).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by barbk View Post
    But she's still eligible to be invited, right?
    No. Only the Top 75 from the Season best list are eligible to be invited. Since Kimmie didnt compete this year and her world standing will drop dramatically next season once the 2007-2008 points are removed (probably below 80th) her only chance of getting a GP event is Skate America. However, I'm not sure if that stupid rule about previosly seeded skaters that allowd S/Z and Sasha to get 2 events will be allowed this season, if it continues she might get a chance but that rule was Probably only an olympic year thing.

That being said, if Kimmie decides to give it another chance, Im positive USFS will not hesitate in inviting her over any of the 2nd tier ladies, just like they did with Emily Hughes as soon as the 3rd spot for SA became available.
    Last edited by SamuraiK; 03-30-2010 at 03:10 AM.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chipso1 View Post
    As for the other disciplines for SGP:

Men: Abbott (2), Rippon (2), Mroz (2), Miner (2), Hochstein (2),Mahbanoozadeh? (1), Dornbush? (1 - poss. Skate America?), Carriere? (1)

...again, a lot of ^ depends on whether veterans like Lysacek/Weir/Bradley come back next season. I think Messing, Farris and Brown will be guaranteed JGP spots.
    I think Armin will likely get 2 (though it's not guaranteed). He got 2 this year and did okay. Grant didn't medal at jw or jgpf so what he and Messing get depends on Lysacek/Weir/Bradley.

I don't think Agnes Z will do gps, and I think Gilles, like Armin, did well enough in gps to likely get at least one if not 2 gps.
    Last edited by jlai; 03-30-2010 at 03:24 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    I think Armin will likely get 2 (though it's not guaranteed). He got 2 this year and did okay. Grant didn't medal at jw or jgpf so what he and Messing get depends on Lysacek/Weir/Bradley.
    Grant Hochstein has better chances of getting a 2nd event (and maybe even first) before Armin gets it IMO. Armin got 2 this year thanks to his very good run at junior the previous year but this season he did poorly at both GP events he got (9th and 11th which means he didnt even gain any WS points from them) and completely bombed at Junior Worlds. OTOH Grant is the next ranked american guy after all the big names, made the JGP Final and finish a very good 5th place at Jr. Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TwizzlerS View Post
    Do skaters need to make official announcements of retirement? It also seemed like Brooke & Ben retired since they did not accept the invite to 4CC but I don't recall seeing anything about it.
    Anyone who retires or breaks up before the last Team Envelope check arrives is not eligible for the final check. I suspect that we'll start hearing about more retirements and break ups that have already occurred once those checks are cashed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    Any guesses?

I'm curious as to what Carriere or Bebe will get next season.

I'm guessing Maxwell and Musademba won't be getting any.
    Copied over from the Flatt's plans thread in GSD:
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    I miss Angela! What a little firecracker! For such a tiny girl she has some really nice, big jumps . Don't know if she'll get GP assignments next season though considering she didn't compete at nationals. But she did go to the JGPF so maybe that will be enough to get assignments.
    Skaters that withdraw from Nationals due to injury (Maxwell, Musademba, Katz/Lynch) or don't finish Nationals (Carriere) usually have to monitor well in the summer in order to be considered for any international assignments. Neither of the above skaters are automatically eligible to be invited to a Grand Prix besides Skate America because they are not in the top 24 ISU World Standings or Season Best scores lists. Ditto for Bebe Liang, although she did finish a respectable 7th at Nationals (qualifying her for the C-1 funding envelope), and so I assume she at least will be considered for a Senior B if she plans to continue competing next season.

BTW, here's the link to a short clip from Angela Maxwell's exhibition number this past Saturday in NYC (includes her trademark backflip) that was posted today in the "One Step Closer Benefit" thread in GSD:
    Quote Originally Posted by TDsk8 View Post
    Last edited by Sylvia; 03-30-2010 at 04:16 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post

Skaters that withdraw from Nationals due to injury (Maxwell, Musademba, Katz/Lynch) or don't finish Nationals (Carriere) usually have to monitor well in the summer in order to be considered for any international assignments. Neither of the above skaters are automatically eligible to be invited to a Grand Prix besides Skate America because they are not in the top 24 ISU World Standings or Season Best scores lists.
    That's not true for Maxwell, Musademba and Carriere who ARE eligible to get invitations from the other federation's events. Only the top 24 Season Best are guaranteed of an event, but anyone in the Top 75 (like the three above mentioned) is eligible to get an invitation after all the guaranteed and host slots are filled. In ladies, the fields is crowded as usual so I dont expect Angela or Musademba to get any, but in Men's with all the retirements is gonna be a weak US field so Carriere (37th in SB list) will probably get at least one event.

vCash
    Sorry I wasn't clearer -- I mean all but Katz/Lynch are in the top 75 SB scores list so, yes, technically they are eligible to be invited to a GP but it's hard to predict if being American will hurt their chances because of all the Americans (and non-Americans) ahead of them on the GP invite list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post
    That being said, if Kimmie decides to give it another chance, Im positive USFS will not hesitate in inviting her over any of the 2nd tier ladies, just like they did with Emily Hughes as soon as the 3rd spot for SA became available.
    I'm not so sure....with Emily, there really were hardly any other options with any kind of standing for USFS to choose- next most likely might have been Amanda Dobbs who I think finished something like 8th as a Junior at Nats the previous season (obviously she hadn't yet skated at 2010 Nationals at the time). Joelle Forte might have been considered had she stayed with the US.

With Kimmie, she hasn't competed at Nationals since 2008 whereas Musademba and Maxwell have been doing fairly well since then, making the JGPF several times and showing lots of promise. At this point, I'd like to see whichever of those 3 who does best over the summer get Skate America...hopefully there will be room for 2 of them or maybe even all 3 but who knows. With Zhang, Czisny, Nagasu, Flatt, Wagner, Gao, Dobbs, Gilles, possibly Zawadzki, Cohen, and Liang to consider (did I forget anyone?)......its gonna be tough! Man I hope to see a new face or two though. I hope a few of our journeywomen take the season off so there's room for everyone!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast