View Poll Results: Which Of These Movies Interest You? (Vote For As Many As You Like)

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • April 2nd – Clash Of The Titans (fantasy starring Sam Worthington, Liam Neeson, Ralph Fiennes)

11 29.73%
  • April 2nd - Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too (comedy drama with Janet Jackson)

3 8.11%
  • April 2nd – The Greatest (drama with Pierce Brosnan, Susan Sarandon and Carey Mulligan)

4 10.81%
  • April 9th – Date Night (comedy with Steve Carell, Tina Fey, Mark Wahlberg and James Franco)

21 56.76%
  • April 9th – After.Life (horror with Liam Neeson, Christina Ricci and Justin Long)

3 8.11%
  • April 16th – Death At A Funeral (comedy with Chris Rock, James Marsden and Tracy Morgan)

4 10.81%
  • April 16th – Kick Ass (action comedy with Nicholas Cage and Elizabeth McGovern)

6 16.22%
  • April 23rd – The Back-Up Plan (comedy with Jennifer Lopez, Alex O’Loughlin and Robert Klein)

1 2.70%
  • April 23rd – In The Electric Mist (drama with Tommy Lee Jones, Peter Sarsgaard and John Goodman)

3 8.11%
  • April 23rd – A Shine Of Rainbows (drama with Aidan Quinn and Connie Nielsen)

1 2.70%
  • April 30th – A Nightmare On Elm Street (horror with Jackie Earle Haley)

6 16.22%
  • April 30th – Please Give (comedy drama with Catherine Keener, Amanda Peet and Oliver Platt)

1 2.70%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Clash Of The Titans is IT

vCash
    Only 17% fresh so far for COTT on rottentomatoes. The audience will probably ignore the critics on opening weekend like they did for Alice and turns out for this film anyway.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Just saw two good movies reviewed on At The Movies.

The Eclipse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqTO48onuC8

This one is a dramatic horror romance (!!!) and the lead is played by Ciarán Hinds who is the kind of actor you've seen many times before, but never learned his name. It also stars Aidan Quinn, who is having a very busy month!! This one looks creepy and interesting and GOOD!

Mother http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rDeNM-M8p8

This one is a (spooky) drama directed by Joon-ho Bong, who made "The Host" which got a lot of acclaim. It was the movie about the monster living in the Han River that starts to act out in a rather nasty way towards the people in the area. It was a bit campy and (more than) a bit scary! "Mother" looks more like a regular drama, but one that'll keep you on the edge of your seat.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Only 17% fresh so far for COTT on rottentomatoes. The audience will probably ignore the critics on opening weekend like they did for Alice and turns out for this film anyway.

Surely it can't be worse than COTT Original Recipe. That one was possibly the biggest block of Velveeta to ever cover mythology, and I still love watching it, crappy FX and all. Even if it sucks, I'll still go see the new one, especially since Liam Neeson and Polly Walker are in it .

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Anybody catch COTT (Clash of the Titans) last night? It doesn't seem to be getting very good reviews (but I still want to see it!)

I'm curious what people think about the 3-D version of COTT as this movie was not intially made to be in 3-D. I read an article last week that as little as a month or two ago, they decided to re-do the movie in a 3-D version...I guess when they saw how well both Avatar and then Alice In Wonderland did in their 3-D versions, they figured they should give it a try as well. The problem was that with both of these movies still in theatres, very few (if any) 3-D screens would be available. I guess they're playing those older films in their 2-D versions to make room for COTT.

3-D seems to be the next big thing, so many movies are now being made this way and there are not enough screens to handle the 3-D movies that will be coming out. Supposedly theatres are scrambling to add more 3-D screens to their theatres.

Personally, I'm not on the 3-D bandwagon at this point (but I haven't seen Avatar yet). But then I don't see a big difference in "high definition" channels and I didn't think music CD's sounded that much better than audio cassettes...

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    I don't see much of a difference in HD TVs either (my dad is all about the HD).. but I do think that CDs sound better than cassettes. I still prefer the sound of good old fashion vinyl though

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    The HD TV doesn't do you any good if you aren't watching the HD channels your cable/satellite might provide. Trust me, there is a HUGE difference. I can't stand to watch sporting events in anything other than HD now, I am spoiled.

I heard from a friend and they said it was good but don't dare waste your money on 3D.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Yeah I've watched the HD channels on an HDTV (it's all my dad will watch too) and still don't really notice that much difference. It must be a guy thing because my dad and my boyfriend can sit and talk about all the different kinds of TVs and the "massive" difference between HD and regular TV and I really couldn't care less. All I care is that it will let me watch the shows I want to watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    I'm curious what people think about the 3-D version of COTT as this movie was not intially made to be in 3-D. I read an article last week that as little as a month or two ago, they decided to re-do the movie in a 3-D version...I guess when they saw how well both Avatar and then Alice In Wonderland did in their 3-D versions, they figured they should give it a try as well. The problem was that with both of these movies still in theatres, very few (if any) 3-D screens would be available. I guess they're playing those older films in their 2-D versions to make room for COTT.
    The big problem with COTT and AIW were that these films were not made and directed with 3-D in mind at all. They were done as regular 2D films and then converted into 3D post-processing, because the studios were greedy to tap into the 3D market after the success of Avatar. The final results for COTT and AIW just aren't the same as for Avatar. A lot of the criticisms for COTT have been over the unecessary conversion to 3D, because the audience can't tell what was the purpose of it. I hope this trend dies fast.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    I watched the latest Final Destination in 3D.. that was pretty cool!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Anybody catch COTT (Clash of the Titans) last night? It doesn't seem to be getting very good reviews (but I still want to see it!)

3-D seems to be the next big thing, so many movies are now being made this way and there are not enough screens to handle the 3-D movies that will be coming out. Supposedly theatres are scrambling to add more 3-D screens to their theatres.

Personally, I'm not on the 3-D bandwagon at this point (but I haven't seen Avatar yet). But then I don't see a big difference in "high definition" channels and I didn't think music CD's sounded that much better than audio cassettes...
    Ebert watched it in 2-d; He pretty much said to save your money and just watch it in 2-d because the effects are great (though story elements were cheesy because it is mythology) in 2-d.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    The big problem with COTT and AIW were that these films were not made and directed with 3-D in mind at all. They were done as regular 2D films and then converted into 3D post-processing, because the studios were greedy to tap into the 3D market after the success of Avatar. The final results for COTT and AIW just aren't the same as for Avatar. A lot of the criticisms for COTT have been over the unecessary conversion to 3D, because the audience can't tell what was the purpose of it. I hope this trend dies fast.
    Thanks for this...I thought both Avatar and AIW were made for 3-D and only COTT was trying to cash in. Who knew Tim Burton was such a cash whore??

vCash
    COTT made 28M on Friday. That means almost every action/fantasy film from now on will be converted into 3-D until the fad dies down. Maybe someone can try to revive the drive-in movies ?

vCash
    COTT made 28M on Friday. That means almost every action/fantasy film from now on will be converted into 3-D until the fad dies down. Maybe someone can try to revive the drive-in movies ?
    I wish they would revive drive in movies but they wont work where I live. There is too much humidity and the windows all fog up (no dirty thoughts! ) and the mosquitos are unbearable if you want to go and sit on the bed of someones truck or something. Definitely not made for southern living.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Keeping my fingers crossed the Guillermo del Toro would fight against this. He's not too into free-for-all-use-and-abuse of CGI, so hopefully he won't jump aboard the 3-d too.

vCash
    Did you all hear how some of the big theater chains (Regal Entertainment, Cinemark just to name two) are raising the prices of its 3D tickets? They saw how much those showings brought in last year so they are raising prices to take advantage of it. The prices were already higher than normal ticket prices yet some theaters are raising 3D tickets prices by 25%! Some theaters in NY will be charging nearly $20 per ticket. It is apparently being done by theater so maybe your local theater wont raise prices and if they do, maybe it will be minimal. They probably have insider information on how many 3D films to expect this year and it must be a ton. If the theaters continue to cater to it because they can make a higher profit then we will certainly see any and every movie made into 3D. Yawn!
    -Brian

vCash
    After.Life!! Christina Ricci has been my fav actress for 15 years.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I wish they would revive drive in movies but they wont work where I live. There is too much humidity and the windows all fog up (no dirty thoughts! ) and the mosquitos are unbearable if you want to go and sit on the bed of someones truck or something. Definitely not made for southern living.
    I would love if they revived drive in movies too! We had a drive in theater close to where my aunt used to live and when we stayed there my aunt and uncle would bundle us up in our PJs and take us to a movie. It was so much fun! It would only work in the summer here though.. it gets too cold in the winter

vCash
    Date Night. Tina Fey and Steve Carrell = awesome. Mila Kunis = awesome. James Franco = amazing. Mark Wahlberg doing finally doing something in a comedy? Priceless.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Did you all hear how some of the big theater chains (Regal Entertainment, Cinemark just to name two) are raising the prices of its 3D tickets?
    When we saw Alice In Wonderland, I think we paid $14 here in Vancouver. It was a matinee showing, $11.00 for the movie and a $3 upgrade for the 3-D version. $14.00 seems like a lot for a matinee, but when tickets go over $20.00 for one person to see one movie? I still remember thinking that when it went over $10.00 it was too much! No wonder I wait for most movies to come out on DVD and then get them for free at the library.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast