Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    That's lovely. I got teary eyed seeing the photo of YuNa and Brian standing side by side, Brian wearing the gold medal as YuNa makes a "here it is" gesture.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolla5501 View Post
    He is a class act! It's just a shame he came along at the same time as some other great skaters or he would have had the Gold medal.

But his actions always have impressed me as the type of person you would want to coach your kids. He understands the ups and downs and seems to really care about his skaters overall, not just thier "performance", but them as people!
    Heck, I was happy when Adam Rippon left Morozov and went to Brian. Adam seems like such a nice person, and I was pleased he was with someone who has a reputation of being a really caring, classy person.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Heck, I was happy when Adam Rippon left Morozov and went to Brian. Adam seems like such a nice person, and I was pleased he was with someone who has a reputation of being a really caring, classy person.
    Adam leaving Morozov for Brian was a brilliant move which many people questioned at the time, especially in light of the timing. Given some of the nasty things that Morozov did to Adam, he had no alternative. From what I know, Brian, David Wilson and the rest of Team Orser provide a very protected and nurturing environment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eyh201 View Post
    Yuna talked about her relationship with Brian Orser at her book(Kim Yu-na's Seven-Minute Drama) signing event on April 24th.

She said, "being my full-time coach was a career change decision for Brian. I didn't want him to be disappointed (at his decision) so that I trained harder."

Yuna also added, "We both trust each other and I followed his advice well. I think that's why everything turned out right."

Isn't it remarkable such a young girl felt responsible for her coach?
    It is remarkable! Sure it is.

And in an interview few days ago, Brian said "Yu-Na is the first pupil in my skating life and the relationship between Yu-Na and me is not the mere privity of contract, but something special."

How well matched they are.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sk9tingfan View Post
    Given some of the nasty things that Morozov did to Adam, he had no alternative.
    What did I miss, besides the usual coach-with-many-students-unable-to-attend-all-of-their-competitions drama?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash

Yuna Kim sheds tears recalling the night

Kim appeared tonight on MBC talk show Kang Ho Dong’s Knee-Drop Guru. Here's a short clip of the show when she shed tears recalling the night she won the Olympic gold medal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKm4koNkJTE

Kang: What did you talk about back at the hotel?

Kim: Everyone - my agents, coaches, Mom and Dad, and my trainer, all celebrated.

Kang: What did coach Brian say?

Kim: They said “Thank you for trusting us” to me and my Mom.

It was very heartwarming… and my tears started falling…

We are all from a different country and yet….

Kang: Foreigners, all from different countries..

[Their warm teachings to a student from another country]

Kim: Tears just started to fall..

I was just so grateful to everyone…

I mean to a coach and a mother, of course it is their dream to see their student or daughter to fulfill her dreams

But in the end it’s ‘my dream’. They all helped me achieve my dream.. everyone..…

[Grateful to everyone who helped me to achieve my dreams]
    The show was filmed on April 7th but was only aired tonight due to MBC labor union strike.

The entire show is uploaded at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt1MsY2IGCY

Hopefully, someone will soon upload a subtitled version too.
    Last edited by cadavis; 05-26-2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Replaced the link with a subtitled version.

vCash
    If Joannie didn't win it, I really really wanted Yu Na to win it. So happy that Brian had such a big success with such a gifted student like Yu Na.

Congrats to both of them! (and David too lol)
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    I haven't watched the interview in its entirety yet but her appreciation for everyone is so touching!
    Her commitment to her diet is amazing as well; I don't think I would be able to eat like that more than a few months.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12