Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    If and when he goes, I'll miss him. A lot

If the ISU Congress upgrades points for quads again, (and updates the downgrade rule as well) he should consider staying another season.

Additionally, he should keep up with the training with the Detroit ice dancers to work on basic skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    I share your hope. Also, I think it a shame that SOI will ignore someone as genuinely entertaining as Ryan.
    I totally agree. I might even have been tempted to pay SOI's ridiculous prices if Ryan would have been in the show.

vCash
    NOOO Ryan don't retire! You bring joy to skating!

vCash
    I actually had a dream last night Ryan announced retirement and I started bawling.

Ironic part is, that would most definitely be my reaction in real life.

vCash
    I agree with the SOI thing. Ryan is one of the most entertaining skaters out there. That's their whole problem with filling seats. No showmen. As technically great as Lysacek may be he's boring to watch for the average fan. And those old dudes are getting - old. They could maybe get some of their audience back if they'd use skaters like Ryan and yes, Weir.

vCash
    If Ryan does retire I will miss seeing him skate. He is so entertaing. It is a shame stars on ice doesn't want him or Johny Weir.They are two of the most amazing skaters out there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corey View Post
    If Ryan does retire I will miss seeing him skate. He is so entertaing. It is a shame stars on ice doesn't want him or Johny Weir.They are two of the most amazing skaters out there.
    I don't think thats the case... I'm sure SOI wants him (Scott was crazy for him...). There must've been a scheduling conflict or something because Ryan is doing some other shows. Or maybe Ryan turned it down for now? Who knows.

vCash
    I also think that the US judges might find a way to get Ryan to the top next year, if only for one year, kind of reward him for all these years, sort of ala Alissa, especially if Evan and Johnny do not come back. Then Ryan could retire at the top. And the judges could get on to anointing Adam and the kids pre 2014.

vCash
    The reason I want Ryan Bradley to continue competing one more year is his improvement.
    If he had stayed as the past seasons' level, though I'd be sad about his retirement, I probably wouldn't mind much him not carrying on. I just would be happy to see him as a professional skater. But he advanced in his skills tremendously this season, and that makes me want to see what he will achieve next season.

At the 2007 worlds, I'm sorry to say this, but my judging was Ryan was a 10th-20th range skater. Even if he'd skated of his life, he'd have just earned 9th like Kristoffer Berntsson there. This year I thought his level was a 5th-10th range if he did two ok skates, like Contesti at L.A worlds. I'm so sorry he has a foot injury. Not only it must have hindered his performances at the worlds but it must've deprived of practice hours, which affected his skating like his footwork sequences were not as edgy as the ones at the nationals or the 4CC, and the axis of the jumps were not as sold as either. And next year, if he keeps improving I guess he'll be in the top 5 range.

I went to Skate America and US Nats this season and Bradley was in the both competitions. When I saw skaters stroking at a men's practice, I noticed why people say about his lack of basic skating skills. I thought his was the worst, even worse than Kevin Reynolds and Jialiang WU. Then at the Nats I was totally surprised to see his skating at a practice. It was just two months since SA, but his edge work was much different! (I found the answer why in the manleywoman's skatecast with Tom Dickson.) Though his skating has still much need to improve. If his glide, edge work, and speed continue improving like what happened to Ashley Wagner's skating skills, what exciting total package skater he's going to be!

Honestly I didn't think he was going to be the US champ this year, but his progress makes me think it's possible next year if he improves at the same rate. That's why I want him to stay one more year.
    People might doubt about him wining US title, but when I said Jeremy would be a US champ a few years ago people laughed at me either.
    Last edited by Marroncream; 03-29-2010 at 01:21 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanbfan View Post
    I actually had a dream last night Ryan announced retirement and I started bawling.

Ironic part is, that would most definitely be my reaction in real life.
    Me too. The day when Ryan and Tomas retire will be a sad, sad day in my life

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marroncream View Post
    Honestly I didn't think he was going to be the US champ this year, but his progress makes me think it's possible next year if he improves at the same rate. That's why I want him to stay one more year.
    People might doubt about him wining US title, but when I said Jeremy would be a US champ a few years ago people laughed at me either.
    Oh please let it be so!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    I totally agree. I might even have been tempted to pay SOI's ridiculous prices if Ryan would have been in the show.
    Me, too! He's the only reason I would have paid those prices...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Ryan is such a gifted athlete and a true showman. He has this charming way about him, that draws you into his program. His facial expressions are what makes him even more special. So few skaters connect with an audience the way that he does.

Please don't retire Ryan, you have so much more to do yet in this sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Queen View Post
    Ryan is such a gifted athlete and a true showman. He has this charming way about him, that draws you into his program. His facial expressions are what makes him even more special. So few skaters connect with an audience the way that he does.

Please don't retire Ryan, you have so much more to do yet in this sport.
    Yep. Ryan and Tomas are the best showmen out there, have you seen their exhbition pieces? Just brilliant . It's such a shame they don't deliver more often

vCash
    I want Ryan to do what he wants to do! It's not about the fans but about what works for Ryan at this point in his life.

Ryan has really grown with his skating this season and has been enjoyable to watch but if he is not enjoying himself or can't fund another year or just doesn't want to skate competitively, then I will be the first to wish him the best that life has to offer!

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee2e View Post
    Finally On The "Sunny" Side Of The Rockies!
    vCash
    I read an article just after US Nationals where Ryan said that he is learning a lot about edges and stroking from watching Patrick Chan when he's training at the same facility and that he's in total awe of Patrick's skating skills.

When we were at US Nationals, LoisV told Ryan that when he's done with competitive skating, we'd like to start a letter writing campaign to get him on SOI. LOL! Ryan's answer "never mind when I'm done skating competitively, I wouldn't mind skating in SOI, now, so you can start that letter any time".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee2e View Post
    I want Ryan to do what he wants to do! It's not about the fans but about what works for Ryan at this point in his life.

Ryan has really grown with his skating this season and has been enjoyable to watch but if he is not enjoying himself or can't fund another year or just doesn't want to skate competitively, then I will be the first to wish him the best that life has to offer!
    I think that most people that support Ryan, would only want him to keep competing if it was what he really wanted...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marroncream View Post
    He noticeably improved in his skating this year. It's a shame he didn't get the right coaching five years ago. Heck, I remember him winning the audience ten years ago at Nationals. He just stagnated. Isn't there anyone in ColoradoSpgs that teaches strong basic skating? It's affected Rachael Flatt, and many others too.
    He's also a very good showman, and has many crowd-pleasing tricks. I saw him one time do a side flip that was amazing. He's got game, and any tour should snatch him up.

vCash
    love ryan. love his skating and his beautiful butt.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast