Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Title-less
    vCash

Is Bradley retiring?

On twitter he said goodbye.

vCash
    Sad. I love him. He seems like such a great guy.

vCash
    No one knows yet. My friend is a friend of his and she said she spoke with him (before Worlds) and he said he'd try for one more season. I guess the best bet at this point would to be to wait for announcement.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    On twitter he said goodbye.
    Well, what exactly did he say? (I don't want him to retire...)
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Did he get a contract with SOI? Scottie seemed to drool over him. I suppose it depends on SOI. If not, maybe he'll stay in another season.

vCash
    Nothing for SOI. And there "MORE CAST MEMBERS TO COME" module is gone. So maybe next year?

And all his twitter said was:
    Good byyyyyyyyyyye 7:43 PM Mar 25th via web

vCash
    I think SOI only makes contracts with skaters who are national champions or world medalists. Unfortunately Ryan doesn't fit the criteria, so it's less likely for us to see him skates in SOI unless he wins one of the medals.
    I really hope he breaks Rudy Galindo's record as the oldest US men's national champion for the first time at next Nats.

vCash
    I hope he does one more season, to skate at Worlds without a broken foot. He has a good chance of making the world team, even if Abbott and Rippon beat him. There's really only Mroz to worry about other than that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    There's really only Mroz to worry about other than that.
    Grant Hochstein, Keegan Messing, Ross Miner, Richard Dornbush, Armin Mahbanoozadeh, Doug Razzano, Max Aaron, Joshua Farris, Jason Brown.....

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    This wk on US, Johnny said he wasnt retiring and told the officials which GP events he wants next season.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I hope he does one more season, to skate at Worlds without a broken foot. He has a good chance of making the world team, even if Abbott and Rippon beat him. There's really only Mroz to worry about other than that.
    Ryan is often his own worst enemy. He lost a spot on the Olympic team, because he doubled the Axel and lutz in his SP at Nationals. So there's no guarantee he'll be on the podium next year even if both Evan and Weir don't show up.

vCash
    He skated at worlds before, without the broken foot, and did just about the same.

Title-less
    vCash
    Kudos to him for skating through injury.
    That said, he suffers from the same problem Flatt does: not a GOE skater. So it's hard for him to rack up enough GOE and PCS to place well. If he wants to continue, I'm sure that needs working on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    Grant Hochstein, Keegan Messing, Ross Miner, Richard Dornbush, Armin Mahbanoozadeh, Doug Razzano, Max Aaron, Joshua Farris, Jason Brown.....
    And Evan. He's said that he's not done competing yet too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by berthesghost View Post
    He skated at worlds before, without the broken foot, and did just about the same.
    His techniques have improved a lot since 2007.
    A Japanese commentator said during the 4 continents coverage Ryan would be one of the top skaters in the world if his skates glide more. The same person criticized him during 2007 Nats, saying he raked in the points only by landing jumps.
    Last edited by Marroncream; 03-28-2010 at 09:47 AM.

vCash
    I sure hope not. For me, he's by far the most interesting and entertaining mens skater at the moment. I love his creativity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haribobo View Post
    I don't think anyone out of that group will really challenge for a World spot as early as next year. 2012, perhaps, but I don't see it happening next year. Miner and Mahbanoozadeh, if they're healthy, should be the most successful out of those guys, and Messing can't be counted out either, but I'm not sure if any of them are on the same level as a healthy Ryan Bradley.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marroncream View Post
    I think SOI only makes contracts with skaters who are national champions or world medalists. Unfortunately Ryan doesn't fit the criteria, so it's less likely for us to see him skates in SOI unless he wins one of the medals.
    Which, of course, explains why Johnny has never been asked to SOI. Ooops, sorry---wrong thread!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marroncream View Post
    I really hope he breaks Rudy Galindo's record as the oldest US men's national champion for the first time at next Nats.
    I share your hope. Also, I think it a shame that SOI will ignore someone as genuinely entertaining as Ryan.

vCash
    Weir and Lysacek both claim they are coming back next year. Personally I dont believe either one of them for a second, but there is still the possability atleast 1 of them does show up, in which case it virtually ends Bradley's hopes if he were there, even with 3 spots. He beat Rippon this years Nationals, but Rippon has definitely gone on an ascent since then and the USFSA knows he is probably their future. He wont be beating any of Abbott, Rippon, or if 1 shows Weir or Lysacek, at next years Nationals unless Weir skates a very COP unfriendly program with a couple mistakes, or if Abbott or Rippon goes on one of their occasional major bombfests. Even if neither Weir or Lysacek return which is probably a good chance anyway, someone like Mroz will probably beat him if he stays upright this time around. The USFSA will know now is the time to start building up the guys who could be there for 2014.

I like Bradley but now is the right time to go out. It is a shame he didnt quite make his dream of going to the Olympics.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast