Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 421 to 440 of 471

Thread: Rachael's plans

  1. #421

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    74
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    77
    I think Rachael will have better results in the 2011-2012 skating season than this past year. By managing her time efficiently between school and skating, she will be less prone to overuse injuries. I don't underestimate her time management skills, fierce determination and extremely high intellect. I wish she had not taken this year off from school so she would be that much further along with the balancing act. But I respect her choices. She is a role model for other skaters with high academic goals.

  2. #422
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoCal!
    Posts
    1,784
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by isamelia View Post
    I think Rachael will have better results in the 2011-2012 skating season than this past year. By managing her time efficiently between school and skating, she will be less prone to overuse injuries. I don't underestimate her time management skills, fierce determination and extremely high intellect. I wish she had not taken this year off from school so she would be that much further along with the balancing act. But I respect her choices. She is a role model for other skaters with high academic goals.
    The more I think about it, the more I'm glad Rachael took a year off. If she was anywhere near as stressed at the end of her senior year as I currently am, it was probably very nice for her to have some time to herself...even if she did push herself into overuse injuries. But having a little bit of free time to relax and pull a normal night's sleep is amazing, and I'm sure Rachael got a taste of that this year.

  3. #423

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,612
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42893
    I thought this was a better thread to use for these questions...
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Any word on a coach for Rachael? We're creeping into mid-July here and I haven't seen any news. She will be quite busy with classes starting sometime in August, so I'd assume she's focusing on getting her skating life together now.

    Also, anyone know if she's already in CA? Sorry, if this has been addressed already
    Flatt tweeted over the weekend that she has a new long program (she worked with Lori Nichol in Toronto last week) and that she did a run through of it at the World Arena in Colorado Springs.

    Stanford's new freshmen are due to arrive on campus in mid-September. Classes for the Autumn Quarter start on Sept. 20, according to the University website.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-11-2011 at 03:59 PM.

  4. #424
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    4,728
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    New undergraduates report to Stanford on September 20, as they are on the quarter system, so Rachael still has some time before she needs to relocate.

  5. #425
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,920
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Sept 20th? wow, that's kinda late.

  6. #426
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,123
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    34026
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Sept 20th? wow, that's kinda late.
    That's the quarter system. Academic year also ends late.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  7. #427
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,936
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I thought this was a better thread to use for these questions...

    Flatt tweeted over the weekend that she has a new long program (she worked with Lori Nichol in Toronto last week) and that she did a run through of it at the World Arena in Colorado Springs.

    Stanford's new freshmen are due to arrive on campus in mid-September. Classes for the Autumn Quarter start on Sept. 20, according to the University website.
    OK. Great. She's rid herself of 'Slaughter on Tenth Ave.' or whatever it's called, I wonder if she'll keep EoE, since she has only had it half a season and still has to realize its full potential? It would save her time, too

  8. #428
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    7,138
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    EoE was great for her IMO, so I'm glad she's keeping it. SOTA, on the other hand, was probably her worst program ever, so I'm thrilled she's ditching it.

  9. #429
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, beyond the sea...
    Posts
    1,869
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    EoE was great for her IMO, so I'm glad she's keeping it. SOTA, on the other hand, was probably her worst program ever, so I'm thrilled she's ditching it.
    EOE got her pretty decent results (for the most part), but seeing as how she performed it for more than half of the season and got several really good performances out of it, I'm thinking she probably should have moved on to something else. I'm glad Mao is sticking with her Libestraum program b/c, truth be told, she had maybe one or two decent performances with it...and in both instances, she could have done a lot better. Rachael maxed out the potential during her debut at nationals and then again at 4CC. I'd actually prefer to see her do something else, but seeing as how she's a student this year and will be pressed for time, I guess I understand why she's keeping it...

    Hopefully since they're sticking to the music, maybe they'll change a bit of the choreography up (namely that bees-are-attacking-me step sequence) and, for the love of eyesight all over the world, I truly hope she tones down that retina-searing yellow disaster dress she wore...

  10. #430
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SoCal!
    Posts
    1,784
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Hopefully since they're sticking to the music, maybe they'll change a bit of the choreography up (namely that bees-are-attacking-me step sequence) and, for the love of eyesight all over the world, I truly hope she tones down that retina-searing yellow disaster dress she wore...
    See, the problem isn't Rachael's size. She's really very tiny. It's her dress sense that gets her into trouble.

  11. #431
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Considering the score Rachael got for he step sequence base value 3.9, goe 1.85---the highest of the ladies---I don't think she is going to want to mess around with it. Evidently the judges didn't mind the bees!!! lol

  12. #432
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Miami, FL, USA
    Posts
    6,936
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
    ... Evidently the judges didn't mind the bees!!! lol
    Contest of the better bees - Flatt's EoE vs. Slutskaya's Tosca

  13. #433

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    the rink of course!
    Posts
    3,214
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    830
    ^ "Flight of the Beekeepers"?
    "awwww....shades of Janet Lynn" - Dick Button on anyone who makes more than one mistake in their program.

  14. #434
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    On the sofa in front of the computer
    Posts
    847
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    EOE got her pretty decent results (for the most part), but seeing as how she performed it for more than half of the season and got several really good performances out of it, I'm thinking she probably should have moved on to something else. I'm glad Mao is sticking with her Libestraum program b/c, truth be told, she had maybe one or two decent performances with it...and in both instances, she could have done a lot better. Rachael maxed out the potential during her debut at nationals and then again at 4CC. I'd actually prefer to see her do something else, but seeing as how she's a student this year and will be pressed for time, I guess I understand why she's keeping it...
    Has she actually mentioned that she's keeping it, though, or just not mentioned getting a new one? Do skaters & choreographers generally create two new programs at the same time?

  15. #435
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ulro
    Posts
    133
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriaheidi View Post
    See, the problem isn't Rachael's size. She's really very tiny. It's her dress sense that gets her into trouble.
    I seriously question the judgement of that program's costume designer. EoE is a pretty good program but its flaws (and hers) are magnified by that horrible dress. It's not really a subjective thing: she just plain looks bad. She looks great in black, and I hope that if she keeps EoE she ditches the yellow screamer for something dark.

  16. #436
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Somewhere, beyond the sea...
    Posts
    1,869
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    ^^Someone just needs to start a "Dear Rachael..." thread and fill it with suggestions. With the right music, makeup, hair, dress and choreography, Rachael would be ten times better than what she is right now...

    I've suggest several times, on no less than 3 figure skating forums, what Rachael could do to help her aesthetic appeal on the ice, everything from style and color of her dresses, to her hair color to her music...

    Of course, it's easy for us to sit at home and suggest stuff but, being spectators, at the very least we know what we'd like to see. She needs a change and I'm really hoping California will help her shed her frumpy look and go for something a bit fresher and younger...

  17. #437
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,920
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm really not into this too much but if I were to make one suggestion to her re. looks, it would be to grow her hair long again.

  18. #438
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    4,750
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by olifaunt View Post
    I seriously question the judgement of that program's costume designer. EoE is a pretty good program but its flaws (and hers) are magnified by that horrible dress. It's not really a subjective thing: she just plain looks bad. She looks great in black, and I hope that if she keeps EoE she ditches the yellow screamer for something dark.
    Jewel tones would be an improvement.

    And maybe a darker hair color. She often looks washed out. Never more so than with the blondish hair and neon highlighter yellow dress

  19. #439

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,158
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    4049
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Jewel tones would be an improvement.

    And maybe a darker hair color. She often looks washed out. Never more so than with the blondish hair and neon highlighter yellow dress
    I think at least go blonde or dark... the in between colour is less that inspiring.
    Black dresses would be good. Not everyone has Cohen's frame, but with a better cut and darker colours, Rachel would look a lot slimmer.

  20. #440

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,612
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    42893
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fly On The Wall View Post
    Has she actually mentioned that she's keeping it, though, or just not mentioned getting a new one?
    Flatt hasn't said anything about a new SP. I think people are just assuming she's keeping EoE.

    Do skaters & choreographers generally create two new programs at the same time?
    Not necessarily.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •