Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpinBug View Post
    Um, you'll still be using the energy, and have to replace it, lol.

I'd had the exact same thought, but I'm cranky about Earth Hour. I think it's idiotic, and we're well past the "awareness" that it brings. How about enough Earth Days to form a habit... Earth Month? Isn't it something like 20-25 days to form a habit?

I'm extra cranky due to what I've been reading lately... No Impact Man, Sleeping Naked is Green, etc. Damn you reading!
    It's one little ipod. I don't think it uses that much energy and having the charger in the stereo is better than having a separate charger. At least it's just using the energy the stereo would use anyway rather than using more.

We do try to conserve energy as much as we can as far as turning lights out when we aren't in the room.. turning them all out when we leave the house. We don't have a dishwasher, and we're trying to replace all the lightbulbs in the house with the energy efficient ones. So it's not like we don't try to do our part through the rest of the year.

Banned Member
    vCash
    You light up my life?
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    This initiative originated in Australia, so I don't think they were too worried about March Madness.
    Eys, and if anyone has ever visited a city like Sydney at night, you'd understand why the initative came about.

Businesses and advertisers use a HUGE amount of electricity throughout the night and the weekend by leaving lights on, as it contributes to the night lights/ scenery. IMO, those light should be turned off every night, not once a year, and the initiative was (IIRC) an attempt to make people think of that.

It didn't work :shufle:

But definitely no thoughts about March Madness! There's no such thing there
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Jen* View Post
    Businesses and advertisers use a HUGE amount of electricity throughout the night and the weekend by leaving lights on, as it contributes to the night lights/ scenery. IMO, those light should be turned off every night, not once a year, and the initiative was (IIRC) an attempt to make people think of that.

It didn't work
    Our power company released the statistics on any drops (a whopping 1% last night), and said the same... if it was done daily, it might make a difference. However, with the publicity all raving about one hour... it's just not doing anything. Our drop in usage was the lowest since it began.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12