Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceKween View Post
    Let's face it. Many men are *ssholes. They cheat. I have to say I'm glad this law is still on the books in those states. Any person who wants to sleep with a married man might think again before they do it. Men like to have sex, and sometimes it is up to the OTHER party to say NO. Get divorced, get the ring off, then we'll talk. In fact, I wish this law was in all 50 states.
    If someone is all pro- protection of marriage, they should be behind these laws and make it a referendum in every state. Of course, it's easier to just hate TEH GAY, then to look at their own problems in the mirror.
    Right because men are the only ones who cheat. Women don't. I'll have you know that statistics are starting to say that women are now about just as likely to cheat.

To be quite frank I'm kind of tired of blame the husband talk? IF you know that someone is married, its horribly wrong to get involved with him. Do onto others and all of that. Plus there are women who purposely go after married men. (And vice a versa) That's not okay, and those people don't deserve a free pass. Now of course if the woman or the man doesn't know the other person is married its a whole different scenario.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    So in essence she is saying he is worth 9 million dollars? Or that she is worth 9 million dollars to repair her self esteem?

I get it that she is angry, I get that she would want some revenge, but ? I am not sure what the real motive is here
    Quote Originally Posted by milanessa View Post
    We can hear you just fine with your indoor voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prancer View Post
    Yes, we can. Caps AND bold? Overkill.
    sorry had it on caps..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    Right because men are the only ones who cheat. Women don't. I'll have you know that statistics are starting to say that women are now about just as likely to cheat.

To be quite frank I'm kind of tired of blame the husband talk? IF you know that someone is married, its horribly wrong to get involved with him. Do onto others and all of that. Plus there are women who purposely go after married men. (And vice a versa) That's not okay, and those people don't deserve a free pass. Now of course if the woman or the man doesn't know the other person is married its a whole different scenario.

I agree that it takes two to Tango and IMO both parties should share the blame. In the past it used to be the mistress taking a large part of the blame but lately things seem to have changed. I'm so sick of seeing women who willingly enter into affairs with married men all of a sudden play the victim once the affair is discovered.

If I see one more of Tiger Woods' tramps (he's a jerk as well but at least he is being seen as such) whine to the press about being hurt and angry and then have the nerve to say they deserve an apology......those skanks should be trying to bring as little attention to themselves as possible rather than hiring Gloria Alred (don't get me started on her) then going public as if they have been victimized.

Okay, off my soapbox.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    This case and win are a joke. Pardon the cliche, but it takes two to tangle. People love to throw their public anger at the mistress(es) first, but no one forced the husband to have an affair. Take it out on the husband!
    hm, actually I find it's often the opposite. People always blame the cheating spouse, and that makes sense.
    But I find people like to ease their consciences by putting all the responsibility on the shoulders of the married party, when they are willingly contributing to making a situation ugly.

That said, court cases... Money doesn't solve anything once tings have gone too far.

vCash
    Not that I'm condoning it or anything, but I feel bad for mistresses/other persons who do not know that the person they're sleeping with are married. There are a lot of devious bastards out there. It's when they DO know that pisses me off.

Didn't one of Jesse James' OW say that she didn't know he was married? I mean seriously... it's not like Sandra is well known and mentions her hubby or anything in the news, or like Donald Trump tried to get him to exploit their relationship on Celeb Apprentice or anything... to me, that just means she's stupid AND slutty.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    Not that I'm condoning it or anything, but I feel bad for mistresses/other persons who do not know that the person they're sleeping with are married. There are a lot of devious bastards out there. It's when they DO know that pisses me off.
    I agree. And what an awful predicament they're sucked into if they go along for awhile without knowing about being the other woman. It's one thing to say "I'd never fall for a married man" or being able to shut it down immediately. But what if you're deeply in love and then SURPRISE! I still don't think it's right to stay with him/her, but I tend to have a touch more sympathy then.

But those cases are ridiculously rare.

Banned Member
    vCash
    You gotta love this. I think a far better solution would be to give the women daggers and put the cheating husband between them and see who wins!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by screech View Post
    That was what happened with Amber Frye and Scott Peterson. She came very close to end up being at the bottom of the San Francisco Bay .

Poster of Pet Vines
    Guess: StirRapidly+Anti+LargestHumanOrgan
    vCash
    I used to live in NC and know a few people that used this law to make sure that they were financially on their feet after a spouse cheated and a divorce happened. Sometimes it was money from the offending party (one case was a husband getting money from the "other man,") and another was a woman getting a needed settlement from the soon-to-be-ex. Without that money, she would have lost her home.
    Sit vis nobiscum.
    Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumm_wind View Post
    Beware mistresses of cheating spouses
    I always said that to girls who date married men, but my reasons are different from a potential law suite: When his wife leaves him, and he marries you, soon after he'll find another mistress...

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    I always said that to girls who date married men, but my reasons are different from a potential law suite: When his wife leaves him, and he marries you, soon after he'll find another mistress...
    This is so true, I have had a few friends have this happen a couple more than once and I just shake my head. They are soooooo desperate for a man that they will accept anything! Personally I have been very fortunate and have worked very hard to make sure that my man doesn't need or want to wander and he has done the same with me!
    Without fear you cannot find courage

vCash
    Well there needs to be communication between the spouses. I know someone who has been in a multi-year relationship with a married man and his wife is totally okay with it. In fact the three are like the Musketeers when they socialize in the 'circles'. The wife has no interest in sex, and she likes the excitement that her husband brings with his lover. And she's also laughing behind her smile when she sees the other bimbo wives whispering about her.

I really have an issue with the 'other' lover who starts demanding and facilitating the demise of a marriage. It's disgusting.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    The spouse who cheats is an *sshole. The person who knowingly is dating a cheating spouse is an *sshole, too. You want sympathy and an "apology"? Free advice instead: don't sleep with someone who's married to someone else.

(Obviously, if everyone's okay with it, as in the situation IceKween describes, that's another story, but somehow I think that doesn't happen often at all.)

vCash
    Again, not condoning anything, but many in that situation live by the belief that monogamy is not in our nature. That men (in particular) are programmed to spread their seed to ensure the survival of their genes, whereas women are programmed to nurture the resulting offspring. Of course since that theory came out, humans have sex for pleasure and not just procreation and use prophylactics to prevent pregnancy, but I'm wagering a guess that many cheating people live by the theory that humans are not monogamous creatures by nature.

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Which is great as long as they let their SO in on that belief and make sure they agree. If not it's a crappy thing to do to someone no matter what the cheater's "theory" is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinami Amori View Post
    Well exactly. My mom use to say when you go with a cheater what do you get a cheater. If someone isn't going to honor their vows or be true to their first relationship how can you trust that they will be true to you. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Again, not condoning anything, but many in that situation live by the belief that monogamy is not in our nature. That men (in particular) are programmed to spread their seed to ensure the survival of their genes, whereas women are programmed to nurture the resulting offspring. Of course since that theory came out, humans have sex for pleasure and not just procreation and use prophylactics to prevent pregnancy, but I'm wagering a guess that many cheating people live by the theory that humans are not monogamous creatures by nature.
    But as bobalina said did they let their signficant other know about their feelings on monogomy? While I'm not a fan of open relationships, its one thing if both parties agree to an open relationship. Its a totally different scenario though if you cheat behind someone's back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceKween View Post
    Let's face it. Many men are *ssholes. They cheat. I have to say I'm glad this law is still on the books in those states. Any person who wants to sleep with a married man might think again before they do it. Men like to have sex, and sometimes it is up to the OTHER party to say NO. Get divorced, get the ring off, then we'll talk. In fact, I wish this law was in all 50 states.
    If someone is all pro- protection of marriage, they should be behind these laws and make it a referendum in every state. Of course, it's easier to just hate TEH GAY, then to look at their own problems in the mirror.
    best typo ever.

In this case I don't think the gays have anything to do with it!

Ant

vCash
    Open relationships are great in theory. But, there are very few people who can handle knowing that their SO is sleeping with someone else. Case in point: most men I know who have been unfaithful to their wives/girlfriends would sh*t twice and die if they even suspected their mates were considering outside relationships.
    The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are--Joseph Campbell

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveRinger View Post
    Open relationships are great in theory. But, there are very few people who can handle knowing that their SO is sleeping with someone else. Case in point: most men I know who have been unfaithful to their wives/girlfriends would sh*t twice and die if they even suspected their mates were considering outside relationships.
    I completely agree with this, yet it happens all the time. This case is not justice, its revenge and that nuts.

The woman in the article states that the mistress broke up her family(paraphasing). Does she really think this lady broke up her marriage. That if this lady would not have come long she'd still be married? And why would anyone want to be married to someone that does not want them anymore, which it appears is the case with this marriage.

As my grandma use to say, "you can't take somebody away from someone else unless they wanted to go in the first place".
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12