Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Does anyone know, if there is a male skater in Edmonton/ Canada is looking for a partner to skate pairs with ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by grandma View Post
    Does anyone know, if there is a male skater in Edmonton/ Canada is looking for a partner to skate pairs with ?
    There are men without partners in Canada... maybe not Edmonton per say, but that also depends what level of skater you are thinking of. In terms of senior pairs, the only one that comes to mind right now is Cody Hay...

vCash
    Here's a Canadian pair news tidbit and photo of Lawrence/Swiegers from a local article about a July 1st exhibition in Ellenton, Florida: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...-Ellenton-rink
    Canadian pair Paige Lawrence and Rudi Sweigers ended the event on a high note with upbeat personality and a stunning dismount off a one-handed lift.

Most skaters dismount with a twist, but Lawrence does that twist airborne and upside down.

Lawrence and Sweigers have been training with [Lyndon] Johnston on a part-time basis for a few years now. "They're Canada's next up-and-coming team," he said.
    L/S currently have one GP assignment (Skate Canada).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Here's a Canadian pair news tidbit and photo of Lawrence/Swiegers from a local article about a July 1st exhibition in Ellenton, Florida: http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...-Ellenton-rink

L/S currently have one GP assignment (Skate Canada).
    Thank you for posting the article link Sylvia! Me lurves these two. I’m thrilled that they got the Skate Canada assignment. Not sure if I’d call them “Canada’s next up-and-coming team” quite yet, but they are tons of fun to watch. Looking forward to seeing what new tricks Lyndon has taught them this year.
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    I first saw these 2 and loved them when they came 2nd in Juniiors at Nats in Vancouver. There was quite a loud boooo from the crowd - many of whom thought they should have been first.
    I have been following them since and I very much enjoy their skating.
    With the retirements and splits - I would guess that these 2 will be among the top pairs this year for sure. I hope so!

vCash
    say Cody Hay doesn't have a new partner yet. He's been looking, hasn't found one, and is starting to think he'll miss this season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Habs View Post
    say Cody Hay doesn't have a new partner yet. He's been looking, hasn't found one, and is starting to think he'll miss this season.
    Aww, this is sad.. both Cody AND Rockne without partners!

vCash
    Craig Buntin’s retirement announcement: Three-time Canadian Champion Craig Buntin retires from competitive figure skating

Buntin has many people to thank from his time as a skater. “It's difficult to summarize a 20-year career without going into all the career highs and lows; without thanking every family member, partner or friend who has helped me along the way. I do want to say thank you so much to Canada, to the Canadian fans and to everyone who played a role in the success of my career. Training, sacrificing, creating, performing and sharing the spotlight with my partners and coaches has meant more to me than anyone could imagine. It has shaped me and defined me as a person. I am so grateful to have had figure skating in my life and so proud to have represented such an incredible country. I would like to thank Skate Canada for giving me the opportunity to see the world from centre ice.”
    Terrific, classy guy. He will be missed.

In other pair news, a number of Canuck pairs are scheduled to compete at the Indy Challenge: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...5&postcount=20

vCash
    I'll miss Craig too but somehow I knew about his retirement awhile ago. I forget where I heard it.. I think I might have been creeping his facebook, lol.

Title-less
    vCash

vCash
    jlai, Icenetwork merely republished Skate Canada's press release on their site.

Best wishes to Craig Buntin on the next phase of his career!

Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    In other pair news, a number of Canuck pairs are scheduled to compete at the Indy Challenge
    For those who can't access the 2010-2011 Kiss and Cry forum, the Canadian pairs registered for Indy Challenge are (* = JGP age-eligible):

SENIOR - Moore-Towers/Moscovitch CAN S5, Lawrence/Swiegers CAN S6, Hole/Johnson CAN S7, *Purdy/Marinaro CAN J1.

JUNIOR - *Jones/Gaskell CAN S9, Bobak/Penasse CAN J3, *Steele/Schultz CAN J4, *Tikel/Beharry CAN J6, Desjardins/Bilodeau CAN N1, Pearson/Sheldrick CAN N4 (JGP age-eligible?).

NOVICE - Rau/Phelan N3 (JGP age-eligible?), *Orr/Furiano N5, Whicher/Killing N8 (JGP age-eligible?), Hyslop/Goodwin (5th at WOS).
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-14-2010 at 03:42 AM.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Blades of Glory, anyone?

vCash
    NOVICE - Rau/Phelan N3 (JGP age-eligible?),
    Nope, they are 11 and 14 so will be a bit.

Here's a list of all the skaters at the Ontario 2010 traininig camp, http://www.skateontario.org/documents/2010PTCGroups.pdf

Judith Murtha-Anderson/Trennt Michaud JV
    Sophie Potvin-Begin/Michael Nelson JV
    Sophie Morgan/Eric McTaggart new
    Sarah D Aoust/Kyle Wamsteeker PN5
    Claira Whicher/Wesley Killing N8
    Taylor Steele/Rob Schultz J3
    Kristen Tikel/Ian Beharry J6
    Shalena Rau/Phelan Simpson N3
    Mary Orr/Anthony Furiano N5
    Gabriella DeBono/Christopher Sisca N7
    Katie Bobak/Matthew Penasse J3
    Margaret Purdy/Michael Marinaro J1

While the following are now on the 2010 central ontario team
    Pre-Novice
    Emily Burns/Devon Stock PJ
    Novice
    Julia Plechko/Christopher Cowell PN2
    Alexandra Brown/Spencer Buchanan new
    Dylan Conway/Dustin Sherriff-Clayton new
    Junior
    Gabriella DeBono/Christopher Sisca N7

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Perhaps they should team up? They would be cute together.

vCash
    Pj Kwong's 8/20 blog: Catching up with Meagan Duhamel

vCash
    I would like to add that the first thing we noticed in watching Meagan skate singles was the huge improvement in her posture, line and extension. All of those dance classes are really paying off. She says her lifts are much improved as a result too.

I can't wait to see their new programs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    Blades of Glory, anyone?
    That would be hot.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    Thanks very much for this. I wish her and Eric all the best. They have both persevered in the sport through many frustrating times.

At Thornhill they competed separately (in singles only), but each was there to watch the other right at the boards and they waited for the scores together, laughing and joking all the while. They seem to be very good friends, which should bode well for the new partnership.

vCash
    It's kind of clever for them to both skate the same short program when doing singles.

Love to hear about her insane passion for the sport.

vCash
    New article on Meagan Duhamel: Duhamel a ‘hometown hero’

There are also interviews with the pair teams who attended the High Performance Camp in the videoes section on the Skatebuzz website: http://www.skatebuzz.com/Default.aspx

They all sound like such pleasant, level-headed young people. Paige & Rudi had Carol Lane and Juris Razgulajevs do the choreo for their SP this season. And it sounds like D&D’s collboration with Doug Ladret is going very well. I’m looking forward to seeing their new “weird” lift.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345