Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

vCash
    I don't like the photo. She looks too manufactured. I hope in the actual film, that Salander will look more like the book describes.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I don't like the photo. She looks too manufactured. I hope in the actual film, that Salander will look more like the book describes.
    I also think the blood on her hands is ridiculous. Granted I"m only halfway through Plays with Fire, but she hasn't killed anyone yet that we've confirmed. Why do they make her out to be a villain?

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I don't like it either for the exact reasons clarie mentioned.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    She looks too manufactured.
    Manufactured is a good word for it. The hair looks too freshly cut and styled and the face too soft. I understand the make-up is an attempt to create more angles and sharpness, but to me, it just looks like make-up.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

vCash
    My mental picture of Lisbeth is Katia Gordeeva gone punk. I thought the character was supposed to be incongruous – a doll like figure who could kick ass. The women in the above photo looks too tough to me.
    What would Jenny do?

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nan View Post
    Manufactured is a good word for it. The hair looks too freshly cut and styled and the face too soft. I understand the make-up is an attempt to create more angles and sharpness, but to me, it just looks like make-up.
    To be fair, ther Swedish version of the film did the same thing - Rapace's Salander was far more clean and "produced" looking than I's pictured from the books.

I do think the blood on the hands was silly.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    My mental picture of Lisbeth is Katia Gordeeva gone punk.
    Oh x infinity. I really need to scrub that image from my mind.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Just me
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    To be fair, ther Swedish version of the film did the same thing - Rapace's Salander was far more clean and "produced" looking than I's pictured from the books.
    True, but Rapace did look more rumpled and a lot less polished to me than this photo.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I think Rapace was spot on, exactly how I pictured Salander.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    It is just a photo shoot for a magazine cover. It isn't as if she is going to be running around in the entire movie with blood on her hands and her hair in this exact same style. The blood on her hands is most surely metaphoric, no?
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I agree. Rooney Mara looks good, but I just can't see her owning the role like Rapace. I just keep telling myself that it's a David Fincher movie and I will love it.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    I just watched The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and really liked it. I didn't notice I was lost and I didn't read the books. However, maybe it is a matter of not knowing that I don't know certain things, ignorance is bliss. Anyway, I liked this movie more than the 2nd one which I actually found much more difficult to follow. I need to get the books.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I just watched The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and really liked it. I didn't notice I was lost and I didn't read the books. However, maybe it is a matter of not knowing that I don't know certain things, ignorance is bliss. Anyway, I liked this movie more than the 2nd one which I actually found much more difficult to follow. I need to get the books.
    I haven't read the third book yet, but I found the second book hard to follow. I have the movie coming today from Netflix, so we'll see.

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    Any comments on the new GWTDT? I really liked Rooney's acting. She did a great job. Even though she isn't as "beautiful" as Noomi I found her quite beautiful in her own way.
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

vCash
    I am also curious to hear what people think. Almost everyone I know who has seen the film has not seen the original. I don't know if that is because people who saw the originals didn't go to see the new one or if they just didn't care enough to talk about it afterwards. I saw the original so I doubt I will pay $10 to see the remake, will wait for Redbox.
    -Brian

out in a boat (out and about) in Nova Scotia b'ye!
    vCash
    I feel like I am the only one here to have seen this movie LOL I want to see the original just haven't had access to it yet!
    Last edited by Mozart; 12-22-2011 at 03:54 AM.
    The mind of the performer is a very strange thing.
    ~James Galway

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    I loved Noomi so much in the Swedish version...she had so much depth. I have seen photos of our USA version, and I have to admit that this Lisbeth looks younger and not as...interesting...but that is not fair. I will see the movie, but I have to admit loving the originals so much-I hope they haven't "Hollywooded" the story too much. Bless the child that plays Lisbeth in this version. She's going to be under a microscope.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I want to see the new one too but it's not in the cards for quite some time. Will be good to hear what you guys think--is it worth it?

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    I agree. I think the Hollywood movie will do well as a lot of people don't like sub-titles, but having seen the Swedish version, I think it'll be a tougher sell to convince me that the Hollywood version is as good or better. (shrug)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pat c View Post
    I agree. I think the Hollywood movie will do well as a lot of people don't like sub-titles, but having seen the Swedish version, I think it'll be a tougher sell to convince me that the Hollywood version is as good or better. (shrug)
    The Swedish version I watched yesterday did not have sub-titles, it was dubbed with spoken English. I started "The Girl Who Played With Fire" yesterday. It had sub-titles. There is a world of difference watching the two.

Hopefully, I'll get to see the American "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo over the Holidays. I'll write a comparison as soon as I do. After seeing Noomi Rapace's Lisbeth Salander I think that Rooney Mara has a tough, tough act to follow.

We'll see soon enough.

NJL
    Last edited by NeilJLeonard; 12-22-2011 at 07:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilJLeonard View Post
    The Swedish version I watched yesterday did not have sub-titles, it was dubbed with spoken English. I started "The Girl Who Played With Fire" yesterday. It had sub-titles. There is a world of difference watching the two.

Hopefully, Ill get to see the American "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo over the Holidays. I'll write a comparison as soon as I do. After seeing Noomi Rapace's Lisbeth Salander I think that Rooney Mara has a tough, tough act to follow.

Well see soon enough.

NJL
    Now that is too bad. I've seen all 3 and they all had sub-titles. The last one is particularly effective with sub-titles rather than too much dialogue, and Rapace is very good as Salander. As a side, she's in the new Sherlock Holmes movie with Downey, anyone seen that?

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast