Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I saw this movie on streaming Netflix and really enjoyed it, despite the subtitles. They didn't distract me.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

I know a place...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahclear View Post
    I just saw the first movie on DVD and liked it a lot. Am waiting for my turn with the third book from the library.

Don't really see why we need an American version though. Can't people just read the damn subtitles? It's not that hard....
    Itunes even has an English dubbed version so its not like its impossible for people to lazy to read subtitles to watch.

Just me
    vCash
    I ordered this from Amazon just three days ago and I am (im)patiently awaiting delivery.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Mulligan is a lovely actress. (We BBC drama fanatics discovered her long before Hollywood did. ) But I can certainly see how this might not be the right role for her.
    She agrees:

Carey Mulligan will not play Lisbeth
    Mulligan tells EW she is not going to be playing the titular badass hacker heroine. “I’m not, I’m afraid,” she told EW yesterday. “I can officially quash that rumor once and for all. It’s not going to be me. But I’m excited to see it. I love the books and I think it will be great.”

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I think Ellen Page would do a great job but for the best results it might be better to go with someone new, someone the public doesn't have much of an idea of.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I've read the books and recently watched the 1st movie with subtitles and thoroughly enjoyed it even though there were quite a few changes and omissions. I thought that if hollywood were to produce it, it wouldn't be very watchable especially with big name stars.............who is tiny and could play Lisbeth?............Ellen Page is the only one I could remotely imagine in that role.........I think she has the little anorexic girl look and the acting skills to do it justice. If an english language film is made, either in Hollywood or Britain, I certainly hope that they will perhaps be more true to the actual books. I would definitely go see them.
    Addicted to FSU

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    After seeing the Swedish original, I cringe at the idea of Hollywood remaking it, with ANYONE. Noomi Rapace owns the part. I'm not sure whether I would bother to see the remake, or if I would just netflix the original again.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

Just me
    vCash
    This arrived from Amazon yesterday and I watched it last night. There were parts left out, but the bones of the story were there and the leading lady did a very good job. I'm not sure someone who did not read the book would get as much from it, but I will certainly watch it again.
    If this is to end in fire
    Then we will all burn together

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Agree that if Hollywood was smart, they would just get Noomi Rapace to star in the US version too. They're not going to find someone to do better, and really, the series has a built-in mass audience. They don't need a star do get people to go see it. I can live with them filling the Mikael role with a name actor as long as it's not someone way too pretty or young to be believable.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    Agree that if Hollywood was smart, they would just get Noomi Rapace to star in the US version too. They're not going to find someone to do better, and really, the series has a built-in mass audience. They don't need a star do get people to go see it. I can live with them filling the Mikael role with a name actor as long as it's not someone way too pretty or young to be believable.
    I read an article a week or two ago that said Noomi Rapace said she wasn't interested in reprising her role as Salander in a U.S. version. That disappoints me... she's fab!

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    I just saw the second film and think Noomi Rapace is brilliant. I agree with genevieve that finding someone to fit her shoes will be next to impossible.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

from Speedy Death

vCash
    Daniel Craig confirmed for Blomkvist role:
    http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/...dragon-tattoo/

I think that's a decent choice. Name actor but not HUGE star. Good-looking in a rugged, everyman kind of way. Not Brad Pitt.

Now everyone keep their fingers crossed that we don't end up with Kristen Stewart as Lisbeth.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash

Now everyone keep their fingers crossed that we don't end up with Kristen Stewart as Lisbeth.
    :::shudder::: I'm not opposed to the American film at all and think Fincher could do a really good job with the story, but KStew as Lisbeth would completely turn me off wanting to see it. Bleah. I've heard they're determined to go with a relative unknown for Salander, and I so hope that's true.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

vCash

I think that's a decent choice. Name actor but not HUGE star. Good-looking in a rugged, everyman kind of way. Not Brad Pitt.

And Craig is a great actor. Saw him on Broadway last year with Hugh Jackman, both playing americans and cops.

Port de bras!!!
    vCash

I agree that he is a much better choice than Brad Pitt although Brad Pitt really is a great actor and not just a pretty boy.

Ellen Paige would be great for Lisbeth IMO. Not Kristen Stewart not Kristen Stewart not Kristen Stewart...

from Speedy Death

vCash
    I agree that Brad Pitt is a very good actor...just not right for the role.

I've been going back and forth about Ellen Page. She is physically a good match, and anyone who has seen Hard Candy knows that she can handle dark material well (and rock short hair). My only fear about her is that she now has something of a "persona" in the films she's in, and I'm worried that, with her being a new Hollywood darling, she would not be allowed to take the character as far away from that persona (both physically and character-wise) as she would have been able to a couple of years ago.

I keep reminding myself that David Fincher is directing, and he does not shy away from difficulty, so hopefully it will be ok even if we end up with the dreaded KS

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IceAlisa View Post
    Ellen Paige would be great for Lisbeth IMO.
    While I was watching Inception last weekend I was looking at her and though that physically she would be a good match for Lisbeth because she is very young looking and small-built.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    While I was watching Inception last weekend I was looking at her and though that physically she would be a good match for Lisbeth because she is very young looking and small-built.
    Definitely. I like Ellen Page better than any of the other big-name possibilities I've heard.

I have no strong opinion on Daniel Craig one way or the other, which is probably just as well. At least it's not Brad Pitt -- nothing against him, but I couldn't picture him in that role at all. I always pictured Edward Norton when I was reading the book.
    "Liking this sport is ridiculous, so you’re a little different for liking it, she explained. But you’re allowed to like what you like." - Robert Samuels

Port de bras!!!
    vCash
    Also, if anyone has seen Ellen Page in Hard Candy, knows she can do intense roles. She was only 18 when she made that movie.

Oops, you beat me to it.

I've been going back and forth about Ellen Page. She is physically a good match, and anyone who has seen Hard Candy knows that she can handle dark material well (and rock short hair).

from Speedy Death

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast