View Poll Results: Who Performed Well Enough To Hit #1 On Billboard? (Vote For All 11 If You Like)

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron Kelly

7 12.73%
  • Andrew Garcia

0 0%
  • Casey James

12 21.82%
  • Crystal Bowersox

41 74.55%
  • Didi Benami

7 12.73%
  • Katie Stevens

1 1.82%
  • Lee DeWyze

8 14.55%
  • Michael Lynche

1 1.82%
  • Paige Miles

0 0%
  • Siobhan Magnus

18 32.73%
  • Tim Urban

2 3.64%
  • None Of These 11 Will Ever Hit #1 On Billboard (Based On Tonight, Anyway!)

9 16.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Again, I am behind, Simon was spot on when it came to his critique of Kara's critique of Casey. It was very much a complete carbon copy. There was nothing modern about it and it was exactly what you would expect from an 80's cover band. His voice is even almost identical to Huey Lewis. Simon nailed that one, too bad he didn't correct Ellen about the "best vocal of the night" comment, even though he did in fact have one of the better vocals.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I think the contestants do better with limited song choices, like those from just one band. The selections were far better last week; this week they poor contestants just seem lost.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    I liked Siobhan's version of Superstition. Strong, powerful voice which she may ruin with her signature shout.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    Siobhan. Yikes. She has a great voice, but this not good for me. She sounded really shrill in parts. And did not yell in pitch.

(Nadia Turner for the win)
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    I'm not sure what to think of Siobhan's performance. It was sort of Beyonce meets Adam Lambert.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Siobhan is a good vocalist, but I wasn't particularly enamored with that.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Siohban is much more of a performer than Crystal. They both have fantastic voices but they are so different. Can we just eliminate everybody but them and let them sing for the entire hour?

On her bad nights, she's better than most of the others.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Can we just eliminate everybody but them and let them sing for the entire hour?
    seconded
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Well, I'm in the minority - I liked Didi's performance. I also liked Aaron and I see him in his own Disney show next season with special guest appearances by Tim Urban. (I won't be watching it, but it WILL happen).

My favorites tonight have been Crystal and Casey so far.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by peibeck View Post
    I think the contestants do better with limited song choices, like those from just one band. The selections were far better last week; this week they poor contestants just seem lost.
    I've found this to be the case for awhile now (actually, one of my all-time favourite Idol shows was Dolly Parton night back in Season 7). I think it might have something to do with the fact that a lot of them go into a night like that knowing that they're probably not going to find anything to fit them automatically, so they're going to have to change it up to fit them. Whereas with open nights, I think they try to find somethng that already fits them, and it often comes across as karaoke.

On another note, I really like Siobhan, but that was really not my favourite from her. And she needs to not do the scream every week. It should be something special, rather than something that's expected in every performance.

In my own little fantasy world where life is perfect for me!
    vCash
    Oh gawd ... I actually missed the first 30 minutes so didn't see first 3 singers, but just that 10 second clip of Paige made me
    BuBye Pagie ... I think ur toast.

Left in the Kiss-n-Cry
    vCash
    I don't get Simon's hate-on for Siobhan, she has the most personality of anyone on that stage tonight. Perfect? No, but less boring than his pet Crystal - who has also failed to prove to me that she is capable of doing anything necessarily relevant in today's music market either.
    I meant to take the high road.... but I missed the exit.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I had to vote none this week because nobody would make the top 100 on Billboard this week. No rushing off to Itunes this year.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    I'm also not digging Siobhan's Sheena Easton-esque video hair.

This recap is really showing what a shit slice tonight's show was . Great googly-moogly, tonight was god-awful. Bowersox was the only singer that I found impressive. The rest were either extremely mediocre (Casey, Siobhan, Michael), or ear-bleedingly awful (everyone else).

vCash
    I preferred Siobhan this week to last week. She's never my favorite but I enjoyed her this week.

1. Crystal
    2. Casey
    3. Aaron
    4. Lee
    5. Siobhan
    6. Didi

7-10. All the rest except...

11. Paige

vCash
    That was without a doubt the most tragic episode of American Idol I have ever seen including Season 1.

Crystal was great; I liked Lee more than they did but he still hit bad notes. And sorry but I am not feeling the Siobhan love. She is interesting. But some of her singing technique in where she places her voice and her muppet like smile through that song just looks and sounds awkward.

And that scream at the very end was so not in tune. I agreed with Simon the whole way!

Last season for me; and if Crystal goes soon, I am going with her. No one else deserves to win at this point. Nor would I buy anyone else' s album.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by uyeahu View Post
    Well, I'm in the minority - I liked Didi's performance. I also liked Aaron and I see him in his own Disney show next season with special guest appearances by Tim Urban. (I won't be watching it, but it WILL happen).
    I liked Didi and Aaron as well....

vCash
    Crystal was the only one that I would call good tonight. I'm just at how bad this season is. Horrible song choices from so many this week.

I don't get the love for Katie. Its bad when all Randy can muster up is "you're listening". I'm no musical genius, but even I could tell that something sounded bad during her song. You could even hear it in the meeting with Hannah M., is no one honest with these people?

I love Siobhan but I'm over the screaming something in every song.

I missed the first 3 but caught some of them on the recap. at Paige. I would be happy to see her or Katie or Andrew go. Mike is okay sounding but really zzzzzzzzz for me.

vCash
    Crystal rocked it tonight. I asked for janis Joplin, I got Janis Joplin, I was not disappointed. And the judges loved it! I can only hope she gets the votes. I would absolutely pay to see her and pay for a CD.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    If these kids really focus, one day they will have as many hits songs as Miley!!

2 – Party In The U.S.A.
    4 – The Climb
    10 – See You Again
    18 – Hoedown Throwdown
    37 – Ready Set Don’t Go
    56 – Breakout
    56 – Butterfly Fly Away
    68 – Start All Over
    79 – When I Look At You
    84 – Fly On The Wall
    91 - G.N.O. (Girl's Night Out)
    92 – Make Some Noise
    99 – True Friend

She almost has half a greatest hits album!!! I hope they bring back Ke$ha to do some mentoring!!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast