Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

vCash

Cool Keep it Real - Breast Implants Need Not Apply...

An interesting read, although it never really says why...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...Caribbean.html
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    I LOVED the first movie but do not think much of the sequels.
    “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” William Shakespeare

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I LOVED the first movie but do not think much of the sequels.
    Somehow, I could just never really buy into Elizabeth Swann as a real, bonfide pirate. She tried too hard to be "tough", and looked too clean/tidy/perfect...
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Curves? Their leading lady was Keira Knightley! Awesome tomboy, but curves, real or fake?

vCash
    Twinkle Twinkle, Movie star
    How I wonder what you are
    Did you make it on your own?
    Or were you helped by -- Silicone?

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Love it. Glad the cosmetic surgery backlash is beginning.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Hah, I like that they're doing that, but it's still kind of hilarious.

On another note, WHY are they making another Pirates movie? The first one is one of my favorite movies of all time, but the next two just did not do it justice. I like Johnny Depp, but I'm not sure if even he will actually make this worth it. Typical Disney, beating things to death...

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    agree, not seeing the need for another Pirates film, but hope this turns into a casting trend.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    But at the same time, they are looking for 5'7-5'8, size 4 to size 6 women? Do they really think those proportions are realistic? I am 5'9 myself, and I am nowhere near a size 6. Try size 16. If I got down to a size 6, people would start worrying for my health, because I would look anorexic; indeed, it would take anorexia for me to get to that point to start with.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I'm 5'10", and while I'm not a size 6 now (and probably won't be again in this lifetime), I was when I was younger with minimal effort. I don't see that as unrealistic for an actress at the height they're requesting, particularly if they are looking for women in their 20s.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I'm 5'7" and size 4 (up to recently many size 2 things fit as well). I am slim, but not anorexic. So, realistic? Yes. Common? Maybe not. I don't think it's realistic for everyone, but for me it's my body type... I don't have to diet, work out or do anything special at all to be my size. People keep telling me it will catch up with me eventually.. .and they're probably right.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    But at the same time, they are looking for 5'7-5'8, size 4 to size 6 women? Do they really think those proportions are realistic? I am 5'9 myself, and I am nowhere near a size 6. Try size 16. If I got down to a size 6, people would start worrying for my health, because I would look anorexic; indeed, it would take anorexia for me to get to that point to start with.
    In the US, what used to be a size 4-6 is a size 0 now. I know, because I'm there. What is considered 4-6 now was very easily 8-10 back in the day, and I think that's not all that unusual.

And we're talking about show business, where everyone skews thin to begin with. But it's still not nearly as bad as high fashion where even at my thinnest and sickest (under 100 lbs at 5'5") I'd be too fat to walk a runway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nubka View Post
    Somehow, I could just never really buy into Elizabeth Swann as a real, bonfide pirate. She tried too hard to be "tough", and looked too clean/tidy/perfect...
    For me Keira is horrible at doing the tough chick act. Instead of rooting for her character I kept wishing someone, anyone would knock her off the ship or something.

I saw that article and I wonder if Brukheimer will be watching from a closed circuit television somewhere. That seems kind of creepy.

silverstars, Disney is making another Pirates film because even as horrible as the last one was it still made a lot of $$$. As much as I loved CoTBP and liked DMC I think it's time to let it go. I do enjoy Johnny Depp's performance of Captain Jack so I'll probably watch the new film when it's released on DVD. I won't be making a trip to the theaters this time around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karina1974 View Post
    I'm 5'8 1/2 and a size 6.

Corgi Wrangler
    vCash
    Why are they doing another? Because they got rid of that plot deadwood, Will and Elizabeth!

vCash
    The film's makers say they are seeking 'beautiful female fit models. Must be 5ft 7in-5ft 8in, size 4 or 6, no bigger or smaller. Age 18-25. Must have a lean dancer body. Must have real breasts. Do not submit if you have implants.'
    With all those requirements, I sense that the role has already been cast. They may be obligated by professional association rules to put out a casting call. So they make the requirements so stringent to be able to say this is the best person we have that fills those requirements.

I've seen that done with (non-showbiz) jobs before.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by danceronice View Post
    Why are they doing another? Because they got rid of that plot deadwood, Will and Elizabeth!
    The next one is based on the book, On Stranger Tides, the focus is on Blackbeard. Bloom and Knightley will not return instead Penelope Cruz joins the cast.

vCash
    IMHO, Johnny Depp + Penelope Cruz = almost certain win, so even though I'm sure it will be ridiculously cheesy and whatnot, I'll probably be seeing it. ) I just hope they capture the essence that was the first Pirates movie; I loved how they didn't take themselves seriously at all and just had FUN with the story. I'm not a fan of the last two movies because I think after the first Pirates was so successful, the filmmakers got a big head and took the story FAR too seriously and it just got overdramatic and ridiculous and painful. PotC 1 was MUCH more amusing and fun.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    Why? Sure, some people go overboard ala Pam Anderson and the real housewives of wherever, but I see nothing wrong with well done cosmetic surgery. Probably just a lame marketing ploy for the film.

Poor actresses, damned if they do, damned if they don't. Starve down to a Hollywood approved size, but you have no boobs, so you buy the boobs, and now you're told your fake boobs are passe and uncastable.

I always thought pirate women were known for being zaftig. I guess that's the wenches, though, not the female pirates.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leesaleesa View Post
    Poor actresses, damned if they do, damned if they don't.
    That's always been the way though. Actresses like Keira Knightly and Sandra Bullock prove that you don't have to have big boobs to be bankable.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast