Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Woman barred from Disneyland for dressing up like a princess

This woman was barred from entering Disneyland wearing a princess style dress. Apparently the staff were concerned she might be mistaken for a member of staff.

Where else are you meant to go these days if you want to be a princess!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/travel/n...-1225856396921
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    They would never have kicked her out of The Peel or The Exchange. Her kind would be celebrated or fought over (for the outfit).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    They would never have kicked her out of The Peel or The Exchange. Her kind would be celebrated or fought over (for the outfit).
    Only if she was the purple tellytubby.
    When you are up to your arse in alligators it is difficult to remember you were only meant to be draining the swamp.

vCash

~singing~ I Love You, You Love Me......

Could be worse, what if she was dressed as Barney the Dinosaur?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by essence_of_soy View Post
    The Laird is a different story. That would totally be a "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore" moment. Unless she line-danced, then she would be a goddess.
    I guess the hard thing for a lot of people to accept is why God would allow me to go running through their yards, yelling and spinning around.

vCash
    This woman was barred from entering Disneyland wearing a princess style dress. Apparently the staff were concerned she might be mistaken for a member of staff.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/travel/n...-1225856396921
    Renaissance fair?
    Use Yah Blinkah!

vCash
    Where else are you meant to go these days if you want to be a princess![/url]

One of my friends (she's a bit of an artsy, eccentric person) actually dressed up as a princess and hung around Belvedere Castle in Central Park in NYC for an afternoon to see what would happen. Quite a few tourists actually came up and asked for photos...

vCash
    That's so weird- I thought people dressed as princesses all the time to go to Disney.

Or maybe only kids can... (the article says age 9. Is that just for Paris? Or all Disney?)

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    She doesn't even look like any of the Disney princesses. Little girls know the difference between a REAL Disney princess and a fake.. trust me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    That's so weird- I thought people dressed as princesses all the time to go to Disney.

Or maybe only kids can... (the article says age 9. Is that just for Paris? Or all Disney?)
    I believe it's all Disney parks. You have to be 9 or under to wear a costume unless you're an employee.

vCash
    Which makes sense, from a safety perspective. The last thing Disney wants or needs is for some little kid to think that a costumed adult works there, when in fact, they do not, and are in fact wearing that costume for evil rather than good.
    Use Yah Blinkah!

Duck Hunter
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley Sage View Post
    I believe it's all Disney parks. You have to be 9 or under to wear a costume unless you're an employee.
    I did not know that.. ya learn something new everyday

I would love to take my nieces to Disneyland.. they are all about the princesses right now. I think my boyfriend would be totally up for it if we had the money. We're taking my eldest niece to see the Lion King musical in July.. very excited!

vCash
    You can wear a costume as an adult at the Disney "Halloween" parties that they charge extra for.. Otherwise no go!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrAarghHrumph View Post
    Which makes sense, from a safety perspective. The last thing Disney wants or needs is for some little kid to think that a costumed adult works there, when in fact, they do not, and are in fact wearing that costume for evil rather than good.
    But if you were evil you would have to wear the Wicked Queen costume. It really is quite easy to tell who is good and bad.

vCash
    Disneyland has lots of regulations regarding these things. Children up to I believe 10 can wear costumes and blah-blah, not adults as they have a strict image to maintain. I don't have a problem with it.

Dashing Between Bennetton and Krispy Kreme
    vCash
    But if you were evil you would have to wear the Wicked Queen costume. It really is quite easy to tell who is good and bad.
    She'd be more than welcome to borrow my Wicked Queen costume. Wearing it is the only way I can get a seat on the train to work each morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Parsley Sage View Post
    Seems pretty reasonable.

vCash
    Disneyland's costume guidelines

I like it, makes it a bit safer IMHO. I shudder to think of pedophiles dressing as Mickey Mouse just so kids will run to them and give them hugs.

vCash

vCash
    Well if they have standard guidelines it makes sense- disappointing that the woman was told otherwise (possibly) over the phone ahead of time.

I've often see Mom's in princess-style ballgown dresses at events with their daughters (who are usually full out disney princesses) it makes it more fun for the kids. This woman wasn't trying to look like a Disney princess, just enjoy the day with her daughter.

But it's smart for Disney to have safety guidelines.

So non-violent costumes, huh? Does that mean little boys can't dress up as pirates? Pirates are as big for disney as princesses are. Mickey is meaningless in today's world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast