Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    If I were to guess her place in the current U.S pecking order I would say it is something like this:
    The ISU judges will determine the pecking order for us at the Grand Prix. Until then, the USFSA can only guess who their best ladies are and try to keep them separate in the Grand Prix events.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    The ISU judges will determine the pecking order for us at the Grand Prix. Until then, the USFSA can only guess who their best ladies are and try to keep them separate in the Grand Prix events.
    Is Caroline even certain to get 2 grand prix assignments?

Title-less
    vCash
    With a bronze at 4cc, my guess is yes

vCash
    Is Caroline even certain to get 2 grand prix assignments?
    As I understand the rules, Caroline is guaranteed one assignment, but is almost certain to get a second.

EDIT : Push come to shove, the same can be said for Evan.
    Last edited by Polymer Bob; 04-23-2010 at 01:16 PM.

vCash
    If I were to guess her place in the current U.S pecking order I would say it is something like this:

Nagasu
    Flatt
    Wagner
    Zawadzki
    Gao
    Czisny
    Zhang
    Baga
    Dobbs
    Gilles

Good chance Flat and Czisny wont return though.
    That's a good synopsis. But what makes you think Flatt and Czisny won't return? Both have said they are sticking it out.

Do you think that they will retire abruptly, or they will just fade and eventually disappear [Flatt concentrating on College; Czisny just not motivated anymore] before Sochi 2014?

Interested to know what you think will happen with Meissner....

vCash

Nagasu
    Flatt
    Wagner
    Zawadzki
    Gao
    Czisny
    Zhang
    Baga
    Dobbs
    Gilles

CURRENT pecking order, maybe you're right. I very much doubt that this pecking order will stand up through the season.

vCash
    Baga isn't even at the senior level nationally yet, she'll do another season on the JGP and therefore I don't think she should be included in the pecking order with all the senior ladies. Plus she needs to work out her issues in the LP. She is a rising star with a lot of potential FOR THE FUTURE, but right now, she is a junior lady, and was beaten not only by Zawadzki but also Siraj and Davis at nationals. Siraj is amazing and one to watch, she has a lot of talent.

vCash
    i am not even going to get into your u.s. pecking order of things.

the gp assignments are usually done by top 12 worlds which get 12, the top 24 high scores and top 24 world rankings.
    the u.s. pecking might still be there for nationals but for international skating assignments --it is different--i hope.
    for saying pecking order --well it is My opinon (digusting) . world rankings (isu) are taken in consideration more. by than who knows because of all the back stage-(back stabbing-?) politics involved.

vCash

Nagasu
    Flatt
    Wagner
    Zawadzki
    Gao
    Czisny
    Zhang
    Baga
    Dobbs
    Gilles

Czisny I think will continue- she's mentioned resuming training, etc. that doesn't give me the impression that she's quitting.

Flatt I'm not sure about though. She seems to want to head over to college so I see her pulling a Hughes and slowly fading from the skating elite to do college full-time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    Czisny I think will continue- she's mentioned resuming training, etc. that doesn't give me the impression that she's quitting.

Flatt I'm not sure about though. She seems to want to head over to college so I see her pulling a Hughes and slowly fading from the skating elite to do college full-time.
    Is she going to resume training coachless? Also where she joined SOI as a cast member is she allowed to continue competing - now that she has "gone pro"? This is why I wonder. At any rate, no offense to Alissa, she's a lovely skater, but if USFSA has to make the choice between giving Alissa 2 GP events and giving say, Christina Gao or Agnes Zawazki 2 GP events, I seriously hope they give it to Gao or Zawadzki, they need to be looking out for the future and I just don't think Czisny is the future of US figure skating just given her age, inconsistency, and issues. She has earned at least one event fair and square and is deserving of 2 if that's what USFSA decides to give her, I just hope it's not at the expense of someone else with more promise.

vCash
    Flatt and Czisny will be back (I know Alissa is coming back for sure(

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    Flatt and Czisny will be back (I know Alissa is coming back for sure(
    Do you know who her coach is? I wonder if she will ask Yuka Sato to be her coach so she doesn't have to move. I assume she will retire fairly soon, she's probably a bit too optimistic if she thinks she can make the Olympic team in Sochi at age 26.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Do you know who her coach is? I wonder if she will ask Yuka Sato to be her coach so she doesn't have to move. I assume she will retire fairly soon, she's probably a bit too optimistic if she thinks she can make the Olympic team in Sochi at age 26.
    ...but is it a bit too pessimistic to think she won't make the team in Sochi at age 26?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RD View Post
    ...but is it a bit too pessimistic to think she won't make the team in Sochi at age 26?
    I guess there is a first time for everything, and Alissa does seem to do better when the pressure is off her so...who knows. For the meantime, I think she, Jeremy, Carolina, and Tomas should get together and talk about their issues with performing under pressure and figure out a strategy that works - sound good? Once they do that maybe then I'll be more optimistic - I actually used to be a big Alissa fan back in 05-06 when she had a breakout season, but since then, she's crushed my hopes too many times.

I had a dream last night though that Christina Gao scored 64 for her SP and 140 for her FS at some competition and beat Mao! It was weird, but she did 3lz-3lo, 3f-3t, 2a-3t-2lo, 3a and then a bunch of other triples, it was a bit crazy. Also she had Joannie muscles.

Maybe this is what the future brings?

vCash
    As it turned out, I doubt she (Czisny) would have made the (Vancouver) team even if she was perfect. Flatt and Nagasu really threw down the gauntlet that night. the only other skater there that was capable of beating them in her current shape was Ashley Wagner, and she blew that opportunity by falling in the SP.

vCash
    The sad thing is, …. if Rachael and Caroline were sent to Worlds last year and got back our third spot, we probably would have lost it again this year.

Title-less
    vCash
    The reality is that the US team just isn't as strong as it used to be, and it's going to take time to get it back to the pre-2007 level. Hopefully this will prompt USFS to rethink how the girls are trained in the US

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    The reality is that the US team just isn't as strong as it used to be, and it's going to take time to get it back to the pre-2007 level. Hopefully this will prompt USFS to rethink how the girls are trained in the US
    You know you have a point, especially because one of the prominent up-and-comers (Gao) trains in Canada...

vCash
    she was so promising.. =/ what happened
    Last edited by iarispiralllyof; 04-25-2010 at 05:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iarispiralllyof View Post
    she was so promising.. =/ what happened
    Puberty coupled with bad technique, and maybe an attitude problem as well. It really is too bad, I remember I loved watching her as a tiny 13 year old, throwing down those triples like they were doubles, so cute and elegant.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0J2h...eature=related

I just think blue is awesome!

At least Mirai is still really promising, and Caroline may have a comeback.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast