Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    vCash
    Is this a new head coach thing or is Tammy Gambill a jump coach? Either way I hope it goes well.

http://www.skatepsa.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=296

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Gambill's current students include Richard Dornbush, Dennis Phan, Lindsay Davis, Katarina Kulgeyko (new this season), and Philip Warren (2010 novice pewter medalist).
    Thanks. I didn't know Katarina left Faye.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Thanks. I didn't know Katarina left Faye.
    I thought she had been skating with Tammy for awhile now? I know she spends a large part of the summer in Russia training.

vCash
    Katarina left Faye 2 seasons ago after she won the Intermediate National title, I think. She was with Anna last year, and switched again to Tammy this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    Is this a new head coach thing or is Tammy Gambill a jump coach?
    Head coach thing. Gambill also has a very good reputation for coaching young skaters in jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by ChibiChibi View Post
    Katarina left Faye 2 seasons ago after she won the Intermediate National title, I think. She was with Anna last year,
    Yes, Anna Baram was listed as Kulgeyko's coach at 2010 Nationals.

vCash
    I wish her luck. She is so talented, maybe the change will help her next season.

vCash
    wow that's great news about Gambill. All her skaters are excellent and well put-together and I expect great things from this partnership.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    Nigel posted this report over at GoldenSkate.

"Zhang used Dickson for choreo in Colorado. Also worked with Kathy Casey on jump technique. "

I'm not sure who Miss Casey is.
    ROFL
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tarotx View Post
    Is this a new head coach thing or is Tammy Gambill a jump coach? Either way I hope it goes well.

http://www.skatepsa.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=296
    I see Shirley Hughes also has a DVD on basic jumps. Her students flutz ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Head coach thing. Gambill also has a very good reputation for coaching young skaters in jumps.
    Thanks for the heads-up. There was some speculation last year that Caroline's mother would only accept a coach of Chinese descent. It's also interesting that her new coach ( if sources are correct ) is of somewhat lower profile than her old one. That shows that she is willing to do what is necessary to improve.

Besides, what do Mingzu Li, Frank Carroll, Brian Orser, Tatiana Tarasova, Rafael Arutunian and Nikolai Morozov all have in common? None of them ever coached a World champion...........

................ until they coached one.

vCash
    Might as well get this out there, because it going to be hitting everyone shortly. Miss Li has accepted a position working with the Chinese Skating Federation. This was announced to her students this week. She will be leaving shortly for long term stays in China, coming back to the US periodically. Her students have been placed with various coaches at East West.

While there has been lots of tears over her departure, the students are taking the news with strength and fortitude. Although coach/skater is a business relationship, each of her students have developed a true bond with her as well as great affection. She will be missed.
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    Might as well get this out there, because it going to be hitting everyone shortly. Miss Li has accepted a position working with the Chinese Skating Federation. This was announced to her students this week. She will be leaving shortly for long term stays in China, coming back to the US periodically. Her students have been placed with various coaches at East West.

While there has been lots of tears over her departure, the students are taking the news with strength and fortitude. Although coach/skater is a business relationship, each of her students have developed a true bond with her as well as great affection. She will be missed.
    AHA! SO that's it. Interesting. Thanks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    Miss Li has accepted a position working with the Chinese Skating Federation. This was announced to her students this week.
    Yes, thanks for the information. There was some discussion a few months ago about whether Caroline would skate for the Chinese. I didn't think she would, but I never thought about Ms. Li.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324