Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Basics yes, though I've heard many people say both Ovcharova and Baga skate rather slowly.
    I know people, who saw Ovcharova in person, and nobody says, she skates slowly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    I know people, who saw Ovcharova in person, and nobody says, she skates slowly.
    Oh okay that's great then, I really like her . I guess the point of the comparison was, if you had Anna or Kiri skate to Nutcracker music like Caroline does, I don't think they'd be as exciting/well scored as they are with their current upbeat music choices. Now I know Caroline doesn't appear to have the same charisma as either of those girls but maybe turning over a new leaf and skating to a different type of music wouldn't be a bad idea. With more choreography and faster music, Caroline wouldn't be such a snooze, I think. She's skated to slow, soft music since forever and I think a change could help her situation out a bit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    These girls are only juniors. When Caroline was a junior, her scores were even higher. And if they will not fix their technique, it will hurt them in seniors just like it happend with Caroline. BUT they all have better basics, skate faster and have problems only with some of their jumps, not with all jumps.
    Fair point, they also aren't as little either. Caroline was itty bitty until the 08-09 season and these girls are all closer to fully grown (or appear to be) than she was at their age. I mean, Mirai had good technique and still had an awful time during her growthspurt, but she fixed her jumps fast. I think big growthspurts are a bit killer in this sport, because I remember watching Mao and Yuna when they were younger, and neither had a huge growth spurt one year but rather grew up gradually over several years and neither seemed to have a jumps meltdown. Mirai, on the other hand, grew all at once, and her body went from little kid to almost fully grown during the span of one season (08-09). Caroline's growth appeared to be almost as drastic as Mirai's and so I wonder if that contributed to her jump problems, as she is still petite and slender and so her current body type shouldn't be problematic for skating, she's actually built a lot like Kwan who is like the best skater ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    Thank you!!!

vCash
    Not really related to the topic at hand, but it was pretty funny seeing Caroline try to thank everyone who sent her birthday wishes on her FB page - I'm assuming she eventually gave up because there were just too many of them. Cool to see greetings from Nastia and a whole host of skating names.

Per her responses, we know Caroline will be in Toronto next week. Choreography with Lori, perhaps?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mrinalini View Post
    Not really related to the topic at hand, but it was pretty funny seeing Caroline try to thank everyone who sent her birthday wishes on her FB page.

Per her responses, we know Caroline will be in Toronto next week. Choreography with Lori, perhaps?
    I don't know. She went to Colorado, and there was speculation she was getting her routines choreographed.

She needs to be careful with that Facebook. From what I've been reading, the people who manage that site know why she went to Toronto, what she will do, where she will go, when she will return, what her score will be at next year's Nationals .....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymer Bob View Post
    I don't know. She went to Colorado, and there was speculation she was getting her routines choreographed.

She needs to be careful with that Facebook. From what I've been reading, the people who manage that site know why she went to Toronto, what she will do, where she will go, when she will return, what her score will be at next year's Nationals .....
    Oh dear. I think there are a few possibilities:
    1.) Caroline went to Colorado to fix her technique and is going to Toronto for choreography.
    2.) Caroline went to Tom Dickson in Colorado to choreograph one of her programs and is going to Lori Nichol in Toronto to choreograph the other.
    3.) Caroline went to Colorado for choreography and is going to Toronto to work with Orser on her technique/ask him to be her coach. (Is it just me or is EVERYONE going to Toronto recently....Kwak, Joubert, Verner, and now Zhang?)

I personally think it's number 2 but I'm not sure.

vCash
    EVERYONE going to Toronto recently....Kwak, Joubert, Verner, and now Zhang?)

He is in Toronto? Where have I been!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dots View Post
    He is in Toronto? Where have I been!
    I think so? Or he's headed there soon? Check the Joubert thread, there's lots of Toronto talk in it.

vCash
    Oh dear. I think there are a few possibilities:
    1.) Caroline went to Colorado to fix her technique and is going to Toronto for choreography.
    2.) Caroline went to Tom Dickson in Colorado to choreograph one of her programs and is going to Lori Nichol in Toronto to choreograph the other.
    3.) Caroline went to Colorado for choreography and is going to Toronto to work with Orser on her technique/ask him to be her coach. (Is it just me or is EVERYONE going to Toronto recently....Kwak, Joubert, Verner, and now Zhang?)

I personally think it's number 2 but I'm not sure.
    Isn't this horse dead, yet? Or does the whip still have a thousand more swings left in it?
    Happy Skating!

Crzesk8dad

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzesk8dad View Post
    Isn't this horse dead, yet? Or does the whip still have a thousand more swings left in it?
    The horse got tendonitis, twisted its knee and wrenched its back. But it hopes to come roaring back in a few months.

vCash
    I thought I read somewhere that Wilson will do her SP and Nichols her LP this year. Can't remember now where I read that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by feraina View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that Wilson will do her SP and Nichols her LP this year. Can't remember now where I read that.
    What about Dickson then?

vCash
    It makes sense in terms of artistry if true. Then again, if there is little improvement in her skating and jumps -- I hope for otherwise -- choreography may be secondary in importance.

I am very interested in Zhang working with Wilson. It sounds good to me that Wilson does her SP, not LP.

vCash
    What about Dickson then?
    Good question! I may have dreamed up the whole thing because that's how I wanted it to be -- maybe I didn't actually hear it from anywhere!

vCash
    Good question! I may have dreamed up the whole thing because that's how I wanted it to be -- maybe I didn't actually hear it from anywhere!
    so colorado is still a question then....why did she go if it wasn't for choreo?

vCash
    so colorado is still a question then....why did she go if it wasn't for choreo?
    Well, everything pertaining to Zhang in this thread so far is hearsay info, but an overlooked clue was posted back on page 7 of this thread.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Well, everything pertaining to Zhang in this thread so far is hearsay info, but an overlooked clue was posted back on page 7 of this thread.
    Oh yeah, Casey for jumps. Can't WAIT to see those 3a's and 2a-3t's Caroline is apparently working on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Kathy Casey is renowned for coaching jumps and I wonder what she can do in the short term to improve Zhang's technique?
    Can you name me a skater she coached who had renowned textbook jumps? Scott Davis and Damon Allen had crazy jump technique, especially on the axel. Davis also had a weird flip and salchow. Allen, well, he always imploded so it's hard to tell what the technique under the mental business was. Casey also didn't seem to do anything to help Nicole Bobek's jumps either, and Bobek had HUGE jumps so there was tons to work with. Who else has Casey really coached? Shelby Lyons? Nuff said. Sydne Vogel on her freefall? I'd say Zhang needs to spend the summer in Moscow with Alexei Mishin. Now he is someone who has produced jumpers. I hope Zhang is not actually working on a 3axel. She will hurt herself.

Title-less
    vCash
    Someone mentioned on this board last year Casey fixed Jeremy's 3A.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast