View Poll Results: Who Did You Enjoy Tonight? (Vote For All Twelve If You Like)

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aaron Kelly

16 22.54%
  • Andrew Garcia

3 4.23%
  • Casey James

26 36.62%
  • Crystal Bowersox

53 74.65%
  • Didi Benami

19 26.76%
  • Katie Stevens

3 4.23%
  • Lacey Brown

3 4.23%
  • Lee DeWyze

18 25.35%
  • Michael Lynche

12 16.90%
  • Paige Miles

9 12.68%
  • Siobhan Magnus

51 71.83%
  • Tim Urban

7 9.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    vCash
    Funny how I started feeling sick to my stomach last night shortly after reading here that Miley Cyrus was this week's mentor. Coincidence? I think not. I was never a fan of the barf smiley but it would be so fitting to use it now.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    I guess she can mentor based on the fact she's made a kijillion dollars and they haven't.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    Sadly, it is not a joke. If Disney has an animated film with a shark coming out soon, then we'll be sure to see a shark. Perhaps Dora can swim with it. But, really, the tweens will be thrilled to see Miley, and it's become increasingly clear that they are targeting and attracting a tween audience.
    Wonder how simon feels about that? I know it will turn me off to the show.

vCash
    Well, I can see her mentoring the recording sessions. She's as competent as anyone in autotune.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickel View Post
    Funny how I started feeling sick to my stomach last night shortly after reading here that Miley Cyrus was this week's mentor. Coincidence? I think not. I was never a fan of the barf smiley but it would be so fitting to use it now.
    It's an blatant attempt by the producers to try and "push back down" the demographics of the show - I think in recent years, the show had been dropping viewership moreso in the 12-17 and 18-34 age categories (while coincidentally picking up viewership in the "older" age categories)

vCash
    She has a movie opening soon, I bet her management team paid $$$ for the opportunity.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    Wonder how simon feels about that? I know it will turn me off to the show.
    Wasn't Simon the one who said they were looking for someone like Taylor Swift? Aaron is like a combination of Taylor Swift and Archie with a shot of Justin Bieber. (I wouldn't be surprised if Aaron wins the interview portion of the pageant, er, I mean makes the top three. One of his interviews on the Idol site gave me the same icky feeling that Miley and Dakota Fanning sometimes give me.) Hayley was horrible and yet they brought her on. That Tim Urban managed to survive his butchering of Apologize is a testament to the tweens in search of a cute lip syncher.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seerek View Post
    It's an blatant attempt by the producers to try and "push back down" the demographics of the show - I think in recent years, the show had been dropping viewership moreso in the 12-17 and 18-34 age categories (while coincidentally picking up viewership in the "older" age categories)
    Yes, the current demographic skews significantly with most viewers in the under 13 and over 35 categories. HS and college aged kids have other things to do. The producers may just be acknowledging the obvious, that parents watch with their middle school aged kids.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    I am so disgusted over this that I am considering skipping the show tonight and just catching my favorites on video later on. This is truly stupid, not the show I signed up for.

Many suspect Simon is purposely trying to run this into the ground so his new venture is successful. Who knows?
    Give me one more quiet night, before this loud morning gets it right, and does me in.
    ~DC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruss View Post
    I am so disgusted over this that I am considering skipping the show tonight and just catching my favorites on video later on. This is truly stupid, not the show I signed up for.

Many suspect Simon is purposely trying to run this into the ground so his new venture is successful. Who knows?
    Simon doesn't choose the mentors. And it was Kara who said that Andrew hadn't captured the sentiment of his song, but then gave kudos to the boy with the nice hair when he made a mockery of Under My Thumb. This can't all be blamed on Simon.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819