vCash

March Madness: Which teams will make the NCAA Basketball Final 4?

The true madness is that Duke was handed another ludicrously easy regional while supposed overall #1 seed Kansas was given the group of death.

Kansas' region mates Ohio State, Georgetown, Maryland, and perhaps even Michigan State (if in Duke's region) all could've challenged for F4 slots ... but instead are stuck in the same region with the Jayhawks.

So, which teams will make it to the Final 4?

(S)=South region / (W)=West region / (MW)=Midwest region / (E)=East region
    Last edited by Beefcake; 03-15-2010 at 03:48 PM.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    ??? Is there a reason why this vBet has been reopened? ???

Last I saw, it was closed in time for the beginning of the tournament, and now, with only a few teams left, it's been reopened with exactly the same odds as before. When the original bet closed, there had been about 1.3 million vCash wagered on "other" (including my bets, which are always placed non-anonymously) and now I see there's an additional 3 million vCash placed on it when the result is a foregone conclusion. So someone has taken advantage of the fact that the bet has been reopened when the Final 4 is all but decided.

Not quite as mathematically clever as using a slide rule, I guess.
    Last edited by UMBS Go Blue; 03-28-2010 at 10:48 AM.

vCash
    Hmmm, WTH? I went in yesterday and edited to add "WINS" and "LOSE" ... and [I guess] it reopened. It's happened before, but usually I catch it, or nobody seems to notice.

Have fun dealing with these nice glitches, UMBS! You'll find that the deadlines you input will humorously unreliable, and some other oddities that I can advise on.

Anyway, back to this bet: Even though it means it seems Machiavellian of me (I back my ~$900,000 or so of lost bets - bwhhahaha), I've abandoned this bet. Sorry to anyone who had a winning bet coming (me included is Izzo magistrates his hobbled team into the F4), but the $1 milllion+ add'l bet on the "reopen" is too opportunistic. Cunning, yes, but too big a payout for someone ... even moi's vBetting generosity finds that "too much".

vCash
    To help make up the difference for those who coulda/woulda hauled in some , I will write a multiple-choice Final 4 vBet today with great odds.

vCash
    WHAT? I was going to make my biggest ever win on this! And I bet when it first opened!

vCash
    That Final 4 bet didn't make up for this at all. I will be pissed about this forever.