Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    at Trump's obsession with bandanas last night and Trace letting him know that he was being obsessive.
    Trump is just jealous of all that hair of Brett's!

Quote Originally Posted by mysticchic View Post
    I doubt Trump personally donates the money. He makes millions off the show (I'm pretty sure he is the EP).

Thanks for the heads up!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Trump is just jealous of all that hair of Brett's!
    Aren't you?

Though his blue eyes are by far my favourite feature of his.

vCash
    I think Trump, like a lot of people, wonder if that hair is attached to the bandana or to his head. He was hoping he'd take it off, I kinda was too. What DOES he look like without the bandana? He does have gorgeous eyes, guyliner or not!

vCash
    Oh man. Hope this isn't as bad as it sounds. Massive brain hemorrhage for Bret Michaels

Critical condition

My father had one of these (hemorrhage/stroke) in 1993, and was never the same again. Hoping that Bret's is relatively less serious / isoloated around the brain stem, as reported, and that infection is held at bay.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 04-23-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Just came to post about Bret Michaels. I was going to start a thread but not sure if it would just get moved into here. It could be very serious, indeed!
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Just came to post about Bret Michaels. I was going to start a thread but not sure if it would just get moved into here. It could be very serious, indeed!
    I agree -- do a separate thread. This is serious/bigger than CE. Ugh, poor guy.

A vulture has updated his Wiki page as "Died: April 23, 2010". Some people take glee in getting their edit in ... then sitting back in anticipation for it to happen.

ETA: So, yeh, I deleted that.
    Last edited by Beefcake; 04-23-2010 at 10:48 PM.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Wow, Trump's little boy got Melania's exotic looks. Check him out in a couple of decades.

Go Sharon and Bret!

Holly is going to be mean. Ugh!

vCash
    I appreciate Holly's charity, but I didn't really want her to win that task. She is not coming off very well in my eyes at least.

I don't doubt that she's very good at what she does, but she's getting that passive aggressive and vindictive edit. I am not one to blame it all on editing though. Producers can't edit something that isn't there in some form or another.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Holly is annoying but she really hustled to raise that much more than Sharon.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Sharon missed 2 and a half wks and lost a challenge and is still there. I think he has her penciled in a the winner like he did Joan Rivers last year.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    So true - Sharon can make it to the end. She has not really shown much in this show, and what everyone keeps saying, she is a very capable person???? She defnitely seems bright, but just not into this.
    Holly -annoying, but she did work pretty hard. But assuming you lost from step 1 is not a good way to proceed.
    Summer - not very useful overall, good with certain tasks.
    Curtis - did ok, not as good as in previous tasks.
    Bret - continues to shine, has so much energy, and is entertaining.
    Cyndi - wonder if she is on some meds, she was so focused tonight, and previously - wtf??? she is all over the board
    Maria - like Summer, good with certain tasks, but not for the end.
    Donald being nice - what a shock.
    Lots of $$$ raised - very cool.
    Little Trump - yes, a real cutie.

Hey, Kool-Aid!
    vCash
    I believe the team split was done the way it was because TPTB were sure Holly's team would lose. Her team got four players but the more dull of the personalities. Curtis and Summer were easily disposable without losing your viewing audience. I suspect the plan was to get rid of Summer. Unfortunately for everyone, but Holly's foundation, she is a little scrapper and hit this one out of the park.
    Tessa and Scott: Thank you

Two Pot Screamer
    vCash
    Sharon was on Regis and Kelly earlier this week, and said she had swine flu. Obviously they didn't want her anywhere near the contestants! She is a brilliant business woman. She made Ozzie a star...not an easy task, considering how completely fecked up he was.

I predict Sharon/Bret will be the final two.

I also want to do the Rock Star workout!
    Voidy Swan, Dirty Carmen, Perverted Moonlight Sonata. God I love figure skating!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    It really bugged me that Holly went on about Cyndi missing the beginning of 2 tasks due to other obligations, as others have had the same conflicts and Sharon has missed like half of the challenges due to illness. I guess it's ok because we then saw her change her mind when she saw Cyndi hustling for dough, but still..

I actually like Holly Rrbinson Peete, but thought Rock Solid should have won. I thought their concept was way better, but also Holly focused so hard on the fundraising that she didn't seem to know ANYTHING about the actual task. Clearly she did her job, but Rock Solid worked much better as a team. On Tenacity, there was an argument for any of them to go (weakest argument for Cyndi, but there was one), but the only reason Rock Solid lost is through lack of $$$$ connections. Glad Trump decided to not eliminate anyone.

I would be totally ok with a Bret/Sharon finale.

On another note, I was surprised they waited until the very end to wish Bret a speedy recovery.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Genevieve and kimkom, you summarized my feelings very well!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I was also surprised there was no mention in the boardroom that Tenacity had an additional person. This was an extra person to do fundraising, AND an additional person to help get bodies in the door. I suppose the editing shows that it didn't matter - Summer was shown as being a terrible fundraiser (although we'd have to see individual $$ breakdowns to know for sure), Cyndi was gone during the planning part of the task, and we were shown that tenacity had a harder time drumming up people...but I think they really had an advantage.

I realize there are always advantages - tasks that play to a particular person's strengths, uneven numbers - but considering that Donald & co did talk about which team might have had an advantage and why, I was surprised they didn't talk about team size.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I was also surprised there was no mention in the boardroom that Tenacity had an additional person. This was an extra person to do fundraising, AND an additional person to help get bodies in the door. I suppose the editing shows that it didn't matter - Summer was shown as being a terrible fundraiser (although we'd have to see individual $$ breakdowns to know for sure), Cyndi was gone during the planning part of the task, and we were shown that tenacity had a harder time drumming up people...but I think they really had an advantage.

I realize there are always advantages - tasks that play to a particular person's strengths, uneven numbers - but considering that Donald & co did talk about which team might have had an advantage and why, I was surprised they didn't talk about team size.
    I agree. Tenacity had two people developing and running the class and two working on the phone for money. Holly got all the fundraising credit, but Cyndi was working on that, too--even getting donations during her day away. As far as it was shown, Rock Solid had Maria and Bret working on the class stuff and Sharon on the money. I'm not sure that a fundraising task is fair with uneven numbers.

Also...I would have fired Holly for using the word "task" as a verb as in "I tasked Summer and Curtis with...". She did it multiple times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    I agree. Tenacity had two people developing and running the class and two working on the phone for money. Holly got all the fundraising credit, but Cyndi was working on that, too--even getting donations during her day away. As far as it was shown, Rock Solid had Maria and Bret working on the class stuff and Sharon on the money. I'm not sure that a fundraising task is fair with uneven numbers.
    Yes, it certainy seemed unfair to Maria and SHaron to be moved from the "winning team" to the losing one complete with being down one person compared to the other team. It was almost like they were being punished for some reason.

Yes, I realize that at some point Donald mixes the teams up, but usually it is when there are even numbers.

It just didn't sit well with me. Other than calling for money instead of working out - what was it that Bret could have done any better? He got the bodies in there to take the place of the donors. He was one of the main creative forces behind the concept and helped Maria with the work out. Maria was working nonstop, as was Sharon. I just can't see where anyone could be faulted for that loss.

On the other team there were definate issues.

vCash
    Sharon could have been faulted for setting her donation targets too low and been sent home but Trump clearly did not want to see her go. I agree that he wants her there for the finale. And that the expectation was for Tenacity to lose, in which case Summer and Chris would have been fair game for firing.

And it was also unfair to judge the task by $$ brought due to the 3-4 split. Trump obviously considered Bret and Sharon to be equal to Summer, Holly and Chris in terms of money raising capacity.

But I do agree that the right decision was not to fire anyone from Rock Solid.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDilemma View Post
    Also...I would have fired Holly for using the word "task" as a verb as in "I tasked Summer and Curtis with...". She did it multiple times.
    task
    –noun
    1. a definite piece of work assigned to, falling to, or expected of a person; duty.
    2. any piece of work.
    3. a matter of considerable labor or difficulty.
    4. Obsolete. a tax or impost.
    –verb (used with object)
    5. to subject to severe or excessive labor or exertion; put a strain upon (powers, resources, etc.).
    6. to impose a task on.
    7. Obsolete. to tax.
    –adjective
    8. of or pertaining to a task or tasks: A task chart will help organize the department's work.
    —Idiom
    9. take to task, to call to account; blame; censure: The teacher took them to task for not doing their homework.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast