Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it isnt in the auction but I want that black patent leather couch Cyndi put in her Rock Star Room the week she was fired
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I don't see any photos of Bret for auction, but I would love to see how much an autographed photo of Bret would go for.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Bret is there and it sounds like he'll speak in the boardroom!

They just showed Bret live. He looks great.
    Last edited by soxxy; 05-24-2010 at 02:17 AM.

vCash
    Where's Sharon? Did I miss her when I was making popcorn?

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Yes, Sharon is there. She has spoken live yet.

And Bret's presentation was better.

ETA: Oh, maybe Sharon isn't there, and I just saw her on tape. Goldberg is definitely not there.
    Last edited by soxxy; 05-24-2010 at 03:26 AM.

vCash
    I just hope Bret isn't risking another health crisis by being there! I just saw a promo for the Today show saying Bret would be on with them tomorrow am! As much as I would like him to win, should he will I'm sure there'd be one heck of a party in NY tonight....getting up for the Today show maybe a little tough!

vCash
    The outcome of this should be interesting.

Bret makes me so nervous for him. Please, go home and rest! We love you!

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Holly is being so nice. It's almost like a different person.

vCash
    Does The Donald normally say "you're hired!" Maybe he couldn't say "you're fired" this time around.

vCash
    Besides Today, Bret will be on Leno and Regis and Kelly tomorrow.

I figured he was the winner.

Still didn't see Sharon, or Goldberg

Oh, just saw your edit soxxy.......
    Last edited by Norlite; 05-24-2010 at 04:37 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupid View Post
    Does The Donald normally say "you're hired!" Maybe he couldn't say "you're fired" this time around.

He always says You're Hired in the finale.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    He always says You're Hired in the finale.
    Actually last time he looked at the poker player and said some pretty nice things about her. Her face was looking like "yeah I got this." Then he told her she was fired. Her face fell and he turns to Joan and says "you're hired."

I think what he did this time was as close to a draw/tie as he could make it. He gave both of them the money - claiming that Snapple gave matching funds. He didn't tell Holly she was fired. He just told Bret he was hired.

While most people would have said they were both hired or called it a tie in the real world. Donald's television persona and the premise of the show wouldn't really let him do that.

Though I was rooting for Bret, I'm aware that he had the advantage with the emotions running high. Unless he screwed up big time (not completing the challenge, insulting the client, etc.), he was the obvious choice for Donald to make. Choosing Holly would have been a smart choice last year or even the year before, but the press she and Donald would get over her "beating" an ailing Bret Michaels would have been a public relations disaster.

Donald may have the reputation of a hard nosed business man with no emotional investment, but he's not stupid. A headline and picture of him shaking Bret's hand is a much better move for him than an interview explaining that he chose Holly for X,Y,Z.

vCash
    I'm so happy for Bret.

He grew - personally and professionally - throughout the process.
    People who were unaware of him before know him now, not just for his illness; but, as an achiever, with great passion, drive, skill, creativity - and grace under pressure.

Holly was a great fund raiser. That was her purpose. Bret raised money, while focusing on serving the needs of his client during each task. It's a question of which approach and emphasis is preferred.

Both raised awareness for their causes. The benefits will continue. Each did very well; it could have been decided either way. I'm sure that Bret will have opportunities that he never would have been offered, or considered, as a result of his success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Both raised awareness for their causes. The benefits will continue. Each did very well; it could have been decided either way. I'm sure that Bret will have opportunities that he never would have been offered, or considered, as a result of his success.
    I believe Donald said Snapple wanted Holly on their Board of Directors, and she seemed delighted with that.

Nothing offered to Bret from Snapple and I can see why at this point, but I for one will be looking for Bret's Trop-a-Rocka next time I'm grocery shopping.

vCash
    Donald said Snapple would want Holly on their Board of Directors but then said Brett IS Snapple. Guess that exemplifies how they saw the two, Holly is good at giving direction and input, Brett represents/personifies things, putting his own touch/spin on them.

Son & I were really thrilled with Brett winning.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    I'm very happy for Bret and was hoping he'd win. He really did work his tail off on the tasks and as many have noted is very creative. Holly was more corporate, was a great fundraiser and worked as hard as Bret. She would have been equally deserving. It was something of a draw, so given Bret's fight for his life, that was probably the tiebreaker.

The Donald and NBC surely were going crazy over the uncertainty of Bret's illnesses and how to plan for the finale. Given the outcome, The Donald owes Bret a lot more in terms of the publicity he got. I hope he continues to help Bret with his charity.

Now, Bret - go get some rest! And spend some quality time with your kids. Please! The tour can wait. The fans will understand.

And congratulations to Holly for a great game and for all she's done to raise awareness of autism and to help families affected by it.

I'm eager to buy both flavors of Snapple!

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    For anyone that may have missed the original broadcast, CNBC is re-airing the finale of "Celebrity Apprentice" right now (8-10 EDT).

Team Bret!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789