Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Celebrity Apprentice Thread

Because I can't be the only one who loves this show.

This season we have Sharon Osbourne, Brett Michaels, Cyndi Lauper, the former governor of Illinois and a bunch of others of negligible celebrity.

I already pick Sharon for the finals.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    I'm watching it, but the storm is so bad it's blown the sound out. Weird watching Sharon talk but not being able to hear her. I can just imagaine what she's saying.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I haven't watched the Apprentice since season 3 or 4 I think, but I heard the last Celeb version was amazing, so I tuned in. I love Cyndi Lauper Agree that Sharon should make the finals...loved her comment about the diner being like the Star Wars cantina. Holly Robinson Peete also seems quite sharp...I hope she goes far.

It's painful watching Blogojevich
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I love this show too. Didn't catch the end. Taped it, but can't wait to find out. Who got "Fired"? Thanks

vCash
    Carol, the comedian/writer (who I'd never heard of before) got fired. Cyndi was miserable trying to decide who to bring with her in the boardroom, and so Trump just dealt with them all together. Cyndi never would name someone she thought should leave, and most of the other women wouldn't either. Holly said it would come down to Carol (for focusing on getting people in the door when there was a line around the corner) or Cyndi (for not managing that aspect better), and the wrestler chick said it shouod be Carol. I believe Sharon said Carol as well, so Trump fired her.

I was glad it was Carol because she came off as really catty and not much good...although I suspect the editing emphasized her unlikeable moments since she's not a known quantity to most people and therefore no one would be too mad she's gone. Interestingly, when wrestler chick first said Carol's name, Cyndi said it would be a mistake, as Carol would be an asset in creative challenges.

Trump acknowledged the firing was hard as there was no one who really fell down on the job, and the team did well - they just did less well than the guys.
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    I think Cyndi should have been fired but she is good tv and so they wouldnt do that the first wk. If you are PM and you cant even pick two people to take to the boardroom, thus subjecting the whole team to being fired, you need to be fired for lack of a backbone. Carol's experience would have benefitted them down the line.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Much as it pains me to say, I rather agree. Cyndi was not a good PM at all. The only backbone she showed in the episode was when she talked to Trump about his treatment of Rosie O'Donnell...and I suspect the only reason that made it out of editing was so he could address the fact that she was at his wedding and he could call her disgusting a couple more times

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    it seems that the main reason they lost was the pricing was reasonable enough that people off the street came and ate and took seats away from the invited rich people. Cyndi set the pricing, another reason to fire her.

I hate feeling like she should be fired because I have a soft spot for her.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I think the price point could have even been ok if Carol hadn't been out there getting more people off the street to come in - she could have been handling VIPs instead - but I also think that is a failing of planning (aka Cyndi's fault).

I feel like a jerk blaming Cyndi Lauper

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    I think Cyndi should have been fired but she is good tv and so they wouldnt do that the first wk. If you are PM and you cant even pick two people to take to the boardroom, thus subjecting the whole team to being fired, you need to be fired for lack of a backbone. Carol's experience would have benefitted them down the line.
    I completely agree. It was going to be a "lesser" celeb being fired. Cyndi is a ratings getter just by those blank stares and random questions (such as the Joan Rivers being there as part of the whole thing). Not to mention I can totally see her and Sharon Osborne butting heads over some things when the teams get smaller.

Had the women done better, I'm not sure who the men would have lost. Brett Michaels is going to stick around for a while because of the known name factor. The former governer is an idiot and tool, but again he's going to bring in viewers who want to see him flounder a bit. I predict he'll be gone week 4 or 5 in a "shocking board room."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    I think the price point could have even been ok if Carol hadn't been out there getting more people off the street to come in - she could have been handling VIPs instead - but I also think that is a failing of planning (aka Cyndi's fault).

I feel like a jerk blaming Cyndi Lauper
    Yep, I feel the same way. Having people come in off the street is great, but your VIP's need to be first priority. Either have a special line just for $1000+ donors, or keep the average joes to the counter so that they quickly turned over.

I love Cyndi, but I would have fired her.

And Donald really needs to let this Rosie thing go.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ArtisticFan View Post
    Had the women done better, I'm not sure who the men would have lost. Brett Michaels is going to stick around for a while because of the known name factor. The former governer is an idiot and tool, but again he's going to bring in viewers who want to see him flounder a bit. I predict he'll be gone week 4 or 5 in a "shocking board room."
    I think they would have gotten rid of the governor. All the guys seemed to think Bret did a good job as PM (well, other than not managing his blood sugar), and I would agree that he did well to turn over all of the food management to the person on their team who had the most experience - after all, if the guys had had the ability to choose their own PM for this, wouldn't they have chosen the chef? But Blagojovich did the worst on the task and even got called out by Donald's spy as being the one reason she gave the $10K to the other team...he also doesn't handle himself well in the boardroom. I don't think there will be any hanging on to him for celeb status, there are too many other high profile guys on that team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martian_girl View Post
    And Donald really needs to let this Rosie thing go.
    Donald seriously acts like that high school boy who got rejected for the prom by his safety date. He's not going to let it go until he finds something else to take his focus.

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    Has Rosie responded yet to Trump calling her "digusting?"

vCash
    Episode 2 starting now...

Not 'Boxxy'!
    vCash
    What's Bret's problem?

Cindy's random babbling would drive me crazy. She must focus on her music. And didn't Kodak use "True Colors" in their ads a few years ago?
    Last edited by soxxy; 03-22-2010 at 01:43 AM.

vCash
    The poor girls with the power generator.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by soxxy View Post

Cindy's random babbling would drive me crazy.
    yeah, last wk I found her quirky/adorable but now I dont think I could be on the same team as her

JEWELS.
    vCash
    "discomboobulated" - Bret

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HisWeirness View Post
    "discomboobulated" - Bret

I loved the fact that in his quest to not be portrayed as the lazy rock star, he instead got to be portrayed as the paranoid-psychotic rock star.

A little FYI on Maria: She was actually fired from WWE about a week before this show premiered, so the producers had to edit in that she was a "former wrestler" at the last minute. Oddly enough, her wrestling character was that of a lovable ditz.

I'm waiting for everyone on the women's team to completely lose it on Cyndi. It should be quite entertaining.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast