Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    I love that FSUers have a point of view.

For what little it may be worth, Gaga has a massive club kid (up to like age 30 age band) and gay following out here on the West Coast.

my little pony!

And Prancer, she would probably completely dig that you rock out to her stuff. She is nothing but appreciative toward her fans, and was just as much so when she was a nobody playing in dive clubs in New York City when she was 18.

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hydro View Post
    So it's just Kill Bill? An amusing reference that I doubt a lot of her fans will get.

The song is already a huge hit on the circuit. It's played at least 3-4 times a night at the clubs.
    The entire thing has shades of Tarantino in it, from the femme fatales to the casual violence to the overall cheese. And yes, Tarantino offered her use of the original Pussy Wagon.

I like it. She's completely over the top but shamelessly so in its awareness. I can get behind it. And sure, the song is stupid but boy is it CATCHY.

vCash
    What horrible, uninispired, awful, beyond pretentious dreck.

I've now watched this awfulness three times. Might try for a fourth before I go to bed.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebayj View Post
    For what little it may be worth, Gaga has a massive club kid (up to like age 30 age band) and gay following out here on the West Coast.
    Is that why Adam Lambert can't stop fanboying over her?

I loooove Gaga's super-catchy songs and I like that she's different. When she comes back out here again, I'll be the first to buy tickets!! However, I'm a little over her pulling meaning out of song lyrics that really just aren't there. This video looks great with all of the editing and fashion, and even the dancing was better than her normal jerky fare, but why I like this song is because it's about a chick sassing her boyfriend when she's partying at a dance club and she really just can't be bothered with him at the moment. When the prison scene started, I thought it was one of those ads that they show before the actual video. It was just an unexpected premise, and to be honest, I would probably have enjoyed a simpler, dance club video with a twist a lot more. Of course, that wouldn't be "innovative" though.

Then again, I think the Bad Romance video is sooo overrated (even though the song itself is EPIC) and most people adore it, so maybe I just don't get Gaga's uber-creativity.

I laughed really hard though at the Jai Rodriguez cameo. I've had a soft spot for him since his useless role on Queer Eye.

KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!
    vCash
    It's receiving nonstop airplay on 94.9 and 99.7 here in the Bay Area, in addition to "Bad Romance."

Numbers123 and I are tinkering with a new podium-worthy free dance for Worlds that will be truly contemporary. It will include the aforementioned Lady Gaga selections plus:
    B.o.b. - Nothin' On You
    Ke$ha - Tik Tok
    Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart Feat. Ludacris

We will be sure to make full use of the arena speaker systems. Volume, bass, treble: FULL BLAST. And don't even get me started on Numbers's new costume.

vCash
    Of course this song is played a lot. It's #1 on the radio play right now. Anything less would have been a failure for Gaga! LOL!

In the middle of a hair war with Alena Leonova.
    vCash
    All the crazy high production value, shock poses, "star power", product placement, and trashy haaay can't make up for the wretched ADD editing. It just makes the whole thing awful.

The only thing I want outta that thing is the blue origami phone hat. I want that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebayj View Post
    Gaga's music is essentially club music. If she doesn't figure out how to go beyond this genre then her popularity will eventually be restricted back to only the club scenes. Her voice isn't bad but for now there's no soul behind it.

vCash
    I saw the "world premier exclusive" on E the other night! lol

I found it interesting but uneven. Some pieces were really good, but others were so dull. Get thee to an editor stat Gaga.

Obviously inspired by Russ Myers, especially "Faster Pussycat, kill, kill" only no one is giving credit to the homage.

Billy Bush called it "Thelma and Louise". right......

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    However, I'm a little over her pulling meaning out of song lyrics that really just aren't there. This video looks great with all of the editing and fashion, and even the dancing was better than her normal jerky fare, but why I like this song is because it's about a chick sassing her boyfriend when she's partying at a dance club and she really just can't be bothered with him at the moment. When the prison scene started, I thought it was one of those ads that they show before the actual video. It was just an unexpected premise, and to be honest, I would probably have enjoyed a simpler, dance club video with a twist a lot more. Of course, that wouldn't be "innovative" though.
    I completely agree. This kind of goes back to what I say about how I would rather she do an epic 10 minute video for another song. This song is exactly about what you said, nothing more nothing less and I think it is weird to stretch the meaning just for a video.

Then again, I think the Bad Romance video is sooo overrated (even though the song itself is EPIC) and most people adore it, so maybe I just don't get Gaga's uber-creativity.
    I adore the Bad Romance video. That is one song with a shitload of hidden meanings and she brings them all out in the video while still having them hidden. Do a google search and there is this great website all about the meaning of the song and how the video works with it. It really made me appreciate the video a lot more.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    I'm in the belt buckle of the Bible Belt and Lady Gaga plays here on the radio pretty much nonstop.

And I'm totally addicted to her music

vCash
    They are not using their seat belts! Didn't they learn from the Hannah Montana got?

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...ey-cyrus_N.htm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    ::raises hand slowly::

hi, my name is MLP and I love Lady Gaga's CDs
    I like her music too.

As for the video? The editing was choppy. I'm meh about it. It's not a bad video, save for the editing. I think there's a continuity from her Paparazzi video (she's finally going to jail for murder). The dialogue with Beyonce was hilarious. It's very Tarantino. Her ridiculous choreography is always fun.

Because of her collab on Beyonce's Videophone, it's good business to release Telephone. However, what would have worked is if both videos were running on the same theme. That would have been more interesting. Had it not been for the collaboration, Alejandro or Monster would have been released instead.

I still like the Bad Romance video the best.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Gaga's music is essentially club music. If she doesn't figure out how to go beyond this genre then her popularity will eventually be restricted back to only the club scenes. Her voice isn't bad but for now there's no soul behind it.
    I think Gaga is talented enough to go beyond club music. Have you heard Speechless? In my opinion, it's her first "real song." I adore it, especially the live version. I love all of her other songs too, but Speechless was the first one that really affected me with something other than having an insanely catchy beat to dance to. Her acoustic versions of songs are quite good too, especially Poker Face. However, I think it's her label that doesn't want her to release Speechless as a single even though she performs it everywhere. It probably wouldn't do well on the radio, and that may be true today, but the dance-pop craze that's popular right now won't last forever. If Gaga is a true artist, she'll reinvent herself, and I'm sure she will.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    I adore the Bad Romance video. That is one song with a shitload of hidden meanings and she brings them all out in the video while still having them hidden. Do a google search and there is this great website all about the meaning of the song and how the video works with it. It really made me appreciate the video a lot more.
    So, I took your advice and read something about The Occult Meaning of that song, and I personally don't care. While I appreciate the effort that Gaga put into it and all of the references, that's just not why I think her music is great. I just love the melody and the beats in the background...and that's pretty much true for all of her singles for me. It's why I also love Telephone as a song too. They're all just catchy as hell. I don't even know what she says in Bad Romance half the time, so any hidden lyric meaning is completely separate to why I enjoy that song. I don't even have ANY meaning attached to that song. I know that probably makes me look incredibly simple, but I judge my music by the melody and the voice and the overall sound/instrumentation. Lyrics are faraway on the list of importance for me and they only touch me with its obvious, superficial meaning. Any more than that is honestly too much work. "Hidden meanings" don't make me sing and dance to Bad Romance any harder and they don't really make want to watch the video any more.

And no, I don't enjoy most poetry.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    I actually completely understand what you say when you said you just enjoy the melody, voice, etc. I am the same way. I just enjoyed the video for Bad Romance because it brought a new aspect of the song to the front for me, the lyrics. I am one of those people who can love a song and know every word but not have the faintest idea what the song is actually about. Then one day someone will talk about the meaning of a song and I am like "oh yeah, I guess it is about..." I just never listen or pay attention to lyrics. I have found that changing a bit as I get older...not sure why.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Did anyone catch the name of the dating website that the Prison Matron was viewing? It comes as Gaga is exiting prison. Something like 'Go Fish' or 'Gone Fishing'

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    It's Plenty of Fish, a real dating site. In fact, I've seen ads for it here on FSU
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    She is very talented. People who think she has just an ok voice have not done their homework. Oh and I love her and I am 33 and all my friends do too...

here she is on Ellen playing the piano and SANGING http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=0
    Last edited by UGG; 03-14-2010 at 12:02 AM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    I think Gaga is talented enough to go beyond club music. Have you heard Speechless? In my opinion, it's her first "real song." I adore it, especially the live version.
    it's beautiful and I generally don't like slower songs

I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UGG View Post
    here she is on Ellen playing the piano and SANGING http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=0
    I love in the interview with Ellen where she says how people are always shocked that she sings live and says "I kinda thought that was part of the gig" if you call yourself a singer (I'm guessing britney won't be performing on Ellen anytime soon).

But she not only sings live but sings while well she is dancing. Part of that is keeping her choreography such that she can sing while doing it, but she still does the movement incredibly well. She just commits to everything about her performance 100%.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast