Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64
  1. #41
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,111
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33169
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    If you've seen Steel Magnolias, he portrays Louie, Truvy's "charming" son who gives the father-to-be Easter Bunny a ride to the hospital on the back of his motorcycle.

    Hmmm....that last sentence may be one of the most bizarre I've ever typed
    Yes, I know who it is now, thanks. I've only seen Steel Magnolias 567 times.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,071
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Well there goes many an aging fan girl's plan to be in a Two Coreys sandwich.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    West of the 5th...
    Posts
    29,316
    vCash
    100
    Rep Power
    41498
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    Well there goes many an aging fan girl's plan to be in a Two Coreys sandwich.
    I understand your username is 'heckles' for a reason, but do ya think a little tact might in order sometimes?

    sheesh...
    Haunting the Princess of Pink since 20/07/11...

  4. #44
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,400
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    This really is a shame. He was quite talented and had so much potential. The scary side of addiction is that it is so difficult to beat. It was obviously too much for him.

    I hope that he is now at peace and without the struggles that had become such a part of his life.

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    He's fine! He sends his love!
    Posts
    2,039
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Corey Haim was always intriguing as his fame seemed to surpass that of any project he actually worked on. "Lucas" was a sleeper that attained cult status after the fact; "The Lost Boys" was another cult hit that did not do good business upon its initial release. "Dream a Little Dream" was a huge bomb and everything else went direct to DVD.

  6. #46
    gold dust woman
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,054
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    "Dream a Little Dream" was a huge bomb and everything else went direct to DVD.
    That's funny, since the girls in my class in 5th grade were obsessed with this movie and quoted it all the time.

    My husband didn't know who Corey Haim was.

  7. #47
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,203
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It almost seems like it's the ones with the most talent who have the hardest time coping. Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, River Phoenix, Robert Downey Jr. (thankfully he's now doing well), just to name a few.

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Top of Utah!!
    Age
    55
    Posts
    7,532
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    17978
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Corey Haim was always intriguing as his fame seemed to surpass that of any project he actually worked on. "Lucas" was a sleeper that attained cult status after the fact; "The Lost Boys" was another cult hit that did not do good business upon its initial release. "Dream a Little Dream" was a huge bomb and everything else went direct to DVD.
    "License to Drive" was a riot! I love that movie. I don't know how well it did at the box office, but both Corys were great in it.
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

  9. #49
    From the Bloc
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    California, I wish
    Posts
    17,333
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10728
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    It almost seems like it's the ones with the most talent who have the hardest time coping. Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, River Phoenix, Robert Downey Jr. (thankfully he's now doing well), just to name a few.
    Those are a few - but there are also hundreds, perhaps thousands, of stars who appear to be doing just fine.

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    17,203
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Those are a few - but there are also hundreds, perhaps thousands, of stars who appear to be doing just fine.
    I didn't mean to imply otherwise. It just seemed to me that the ones who have died tragically, have been among the most talented.

  11. #51

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,177
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    32148
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    I didn't mean to imply otherwise. It just seemed to me that the ones who have died tragically, have been among the most talented.
    That and a large dose of rose tinted spectacles and general adulation that comes with dying young(er) also fuel the fire and "most talented" declarations. In particular Heath Ledgeer being heralded as the best thing since [insert big start name here] is beyond baffling, yes he was good, but not even close to the hysterical declarations made around the time of his death.

    Ant

  12. #52

    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    City of Blinding Light
    Posts
    15,906
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    12302
    Corey Feldman was on Larry King Live last night - I didn't see it, but some of what he said is quoted in this article:

    http://www.people.com/people/article...350454,00.html
    Use Yah Blinkah!

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Socialist Canada
    Posts
    4,836
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

  14. #54
    aspiring tri-national
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    in flight
    Posts
    20,531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    38866
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Those are a few - but there are also hundreds, perhaps thousands, of stars who appear to be doing just fine.
    The fact that Dennis Hopper is still alive amazes me. And Keith Richard? There are baby-boomers in their sixties that by all rights should never have seen 40.

    My stepdaughters loved the Coreys back in the '80s. RIP.
    "Youth and vigor is no match for age and deceit." -- Prancer

  15. #55
    Port de bras!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Ravenclaw
    Posts
    30,111
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    33169
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    And Keith Richard? There are baby-boomers in their sixties that by all rights should never have seen 40.
    I know, right? Some people are just made of tougher stuff. And that is my medical explanation of it. Here I am worried about taking an extra Tylenol while some people's bloodstream is a fully-stocked pharmacy.
    "Nature is a damp, inconvenient sort of place where birds and animals wander about uncooked."

    from Speedy Death

  16. #56
    From the Bloc
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    California, I wish
    Posts
    17,333
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10728
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    The fact that Dennis Hopper is still alive amazes me. And Keith Richard? There are baby-boomers in their sixties that by all rights should never have seen 40.
    Good point - add Robert Downey Jr to the list, plus Christopher Walken and Elton John (who has said himself he's lucky to be alive), and numerous other rock stars.

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Age
    46
    Posts
    8,732
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Until he died, I had no idea he was from Toronto.
    However, why is the city pitching in to pay for the funeral? How bad off are his parents?

    http://www.accesshollywood.com/haim-..._article_30106

  18. #58
    Bountifully Enmeshed
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    At the Christmas Bizarre
    Posts
    38,154
    vCash
    250
    Rep Power
    46687
    Quote Originally Posted by PRlady View Post
    And Keith Richard? There are baby-boomers in their sixties that by all rights should never have seen 40.
    My favorite joke:

    One night, the Grim Reaper was relaxing in front of the TV after a long, hard day when someone knocked at the door. The Reaper opened the door and was surprised to see Keith Richards standing there.

    Keith said, "Sorry, mate, it's time for you to go."

    Er, sorry. But I can't resist.

    RIP, Cory.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."-- Albert Einstein.

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Age
    43
    Posts
    16,631
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    There was mention on CBC that he had a fraudulent drug prescription and he is being linked to an illegal prescription drug ring.

    http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/0...y.html?ref=rss

  20. #60

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nashville
    Age
    98
    Posts
    7,275
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    549
    Quote Originally Posted by missflick View Post
    Until he died, I had no idea he was from Toronto.
    However, why is the city pitching in to pay for the funeral? How bad off are his parents?

    http://www.accesshollywood.com/haim-..._article_30106
    I don't know about his dad but he and his mom have been living together while she undergoes cancer treatments. My guess is that they are pretty tapped.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •