Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hindernisse View Post
    Ironic.
    It wasn't their idea I don't even know if they skate in it but they at least gotta be there, right?

vCash
    Johnny's Bad Romance fancam

I like Poker Face a lot more. The skating here seems a bit too slow for the song.

vCash
    I'm back from the Moscow show and we were robbed of Bad Romance. Johnny skated Yunona & Avos as he usually does skating in ehxibitions in Russia. I heard Ari asked skaters to use calmer music where possible to pay tribute to those killed in the tragedy in Moscow metro.

I missed the opening and half of Plushenko's Tango because I refused to go to the show hungry after work and we dropped by a Mexican place with my sister.

Johnny looks worn out, he had no speed and no energy.

Maria Mukhortova and Maxim Trankov skated their SP, Maria doubled sbs triple toe, but the throw was gourgeous. The announcer mentioned it was one of the last apperances of the pair. Maria teared up and cried

Brian skated an exhibition to his SP type of music (it's pretty famous, but I don't know the name) and managed to wake me and my sister up after hoola-hoop and other acrobats. He landed a couple of triple jumps and did a lot of his trade-mark crowd-pleasing steps.

Tatiana Voloshozhar and Stanislav Morosov skated to some lyrical piece of music. When they took the ice my sister who doesn't follow figure skating closely remarked that he doesn't look athletic at all. At the end of their performance she was like: "Those lift and throws are gorgeous".

Yuko and Alexander Smirnov did their Waltz exhibition program, by the end of which my sis went totally over Alexander. As for me, I really liked Yuko's outfit and would like to see her wear something like that more often.

Acrobats who performed in between those acts from the "real" skaters were mostly boring to my taste.

During the intermission the organisers arranged some sort of authograph session in the foye with Johnny, Brian and Stephane which involved some screaming from teenage fans.

The second act was opened by a joint number from Brian, Stephane, Evgeni and Johnny. My sister and I were at Johnny's decollete on the back apparently inspired by Elene Gedevanishvili's Carmen dress. Video from St. Petersburg show I enjoyed this number a lot, all four guys did a good job. And it was a unique chance to see Stephane to skate to this type of music which he probably wouldn't ever pick himself. And I must say he looked VERY convincing.

Ne me quitte pas from Stephane was by far the hightlight for us. Exquisite

Plushenko performed "Believe" with Dima Bilan and Edvin Marton. Dima is terrible at lip-syncing.

There was also Alena Leonova, but her number was very forgettable.

During the finale Steph popped the first quad attempt due to flawed take-off, but landed a gorgeous one right after

Sorry for the typos!
    Last edited by Hindernisse; 03-31-2010 at 10:45 PM. Reason: spelling

vCash
    Ne me quitte pas and then Believe...oh my...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Sparrow View Post
    They were not in the row. There were acrobats in between.

vCash
    They were not in the row. There were acrobats in between.
    Fiew, the descent wasn't that steep then

vCash
    And I forgot to mention: Stephane got FAR bigger roar from the crowd that Evgeny.

vCash
    I think Stephane would win the popularity contest right now, even in Russia. King of the Ice Prom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shallwedansu View Post
    Johnny's Bad Romance fancam

I like Poker Face a lot more. The skating here seems a bit too slow for the song.
    I agree. If he's going to skate to that song, it has to be a very high-energy performance, which he wasn't able to deliver. Way too slow, mediocre choreography, and basically came off as a bad version of Poker Face.

Sigh. Johnny is making me these days.

However, I did enjoy the group performance from Stephane, Brian, Johnny, and even Evgeny. Really cute.

vCash
    Thank you Hindernisse for your report.I posted few videos from St.Petersburg in this thread /maybe both threads could be emerdged/
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72917
    and here are some from Khodynka in Moskow 03/31/2010 .Thanks to all videomakers.
    Opening
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEIunujaUsU
    Stephan's Ne me quitte pas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ze6MYLtE88
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRbX8GpbtYo
    Brian Joubert
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tioVe9RV_OU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssH0P266d-Y
    Evgeni,Johny,Stephan and Brian
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ropNi8NZ7DE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtGCLF-0UCQ
    Johny Weir "You,ll wake me up at the sunrise"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh8_kL-MRVM
    Evgeni Plushenko,Dima Bilan &Edwin Marton
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLy_U0j5l0U
    Last edited by vivika1982; 03-31-2010 at 11:35 PM.

vCash
    The second act was opened by a joint number from Brian, Stephane, Evgeni and Johnny. My sister and I were at Johnny's decollete on the back apparently inspired by Elene Gedevanishvili's Carmen dress. Video from St. Petersburg show

The costume Johnny wore during the group number was a gift from his Russian fans. He only wears it when he skates in the Russian shows.

vCash
    Does anyone inspire love in their fans the way he does! From his tv show the stuff he gets from his Asian fans and now this from his Russians. His level of fame does not equal his medal collection. It amazes me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    Does anyone inspire love in their fans the way he does! From his tv show the stuff he gets from his Asian fans and now this from his Russians. His level of fame does not equal his medal collection. It amazes me.
    Considering that his biggest achievement is a World bronze medal, his fame is really astounding. People in Asian countries adore him. And the amount of gifts he gets is insane. In one episode of his show, he and his mother, Patti, were going through everything he received after the NHK Trophy. Patti kept saying how shocked and slightly embarrassed she felt by it all because there was no way they could personally respond to each fan who gave him something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post

Because he is a real angel from heaven!

vCash
    And I forgot to mention: Stephane got FAR bigger roar from the crowd that Evgeny.

I will not believe your version unless I witnessed it personally.

vCash
    In joubert's russian one they say it was joubert with biggest applause i m sure if I visit the plush and weir forums i ll read the same!
    Come on guys, they are all great guys and showmen and I m sure they got the portion of applause each one, in the st peters videos you posted crowd seems excited for their individual numbers. And if they were more happy for Lambiel, Koi runs with Plush the last few years , it is normal to be excited for the skaters they dont see often. Weir has a great Russian club by the way, met them in Rostelcup.
    I haven't seen the Moscow ones but their group number while nothing special is hilarious and bring also Takahashi and Verner in there and I will have my dream group number

So who will get the biggest applause in Bercy, Stojko?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by angietang View Post
    You are poking fun at them, aren't you? According to some media reports, they hate each other. That is why I am surprised to learn that Brian joined Plushenko's shows.
    according to some media, everybody hates each other
    but life suggests otherwise:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2gVKxQ1XX4

vCash
    this is brian interview from this morning practice :
    It is very interesting for me to take part in this show alongside Plushenko because normally during competitions we are rivals but here in the show we are friends. This arena was a happy place for me, I gladly participated in the GP here. something like that...

and in this pic they dont hate much, do they..

I like the pics on the other thread when the guys have lunch together, cute!

vCash

Deliciously eclectic on paper, but i am grateful to be spared.
    The reviews that I have read bemoan the amount of time spent on ice acrobats.

vCash

Aaah, I just love Stephane´s Ne Me Quitte Pas..... He interprets that beautiful music perfectly!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast