Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

vCash
    Auntie Joyce wasn't sounding too positive either.

vCash
    Well, Aunt Joyce is a freak, too.

vCash
    Johnny really needs to get over his obsession with Lady Gaga.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu View Post
    Such a shame that he is skating to this crud. I would have gone if he was going to skate to something good. I have no desire to watch him pose and slink around the ice. I want to see skating.
    Agreed. I wish Johnny would skate to decent music more often. Things like the Swan and Rondo... even Otonal. He doesn't always make the best choices- I have to say I LOATHE that version of Ave Maria he picked. Those long notes, ow! Still, if I could see this show I would I'd love to actually see him one day!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judiz View Post
    Johnny really needs to get over his obsession with Lady Gaga.
    I never liked that "Poker Face" song, but I do like "Bad Romance". I think it's much catchier. But whatever he skates to, someone will hate it; he gets a lot of criticism for his classical music choices and his pop ones alike. Personally, I'd like to see him skate to some Broadway show tunes because that's the music I like best, but the chances of that happening are kind of slim.

I haven't seen the new program, but I expect it will evolve a lot over time, like his exhibitions usually do, so it could end up completely different than it was the first time out.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenor View Post
    Agreed. I wish Johnny would skate to decent music more often. Things like the Swan and Rondo... even Otonal. He doesn't always make the best choices- I have to say I LOATHE that version of Ave Maria he picked. Those long notes, ow! Still, if I could see this show I would I'd love to actually see him one day!
    It doesn't even have to be opera or classical. Just interesting music would be nice. He really does not seem to have a clue about music. What a waste

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mmscfdcsu View Post
    It doesn't even have to be opera or classical. Just interesting music would be nice. He really does not seem to have a clue about music. What a waste
    How about "No Regrets" by Edith Piaf? He mentioned this being his second show number in a recent interview.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swishcicle View Post
    How about "No Regrets" by Edith Piaf? He mentioned this being his second show number in a recent interview.
    Um...no! That is most certainly not meant for skating. Baby boy needs to stay away from the message songs. Just find some interesting music. It isn't all that hard, Johnny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swishcicle View Post
    Who can skate to that? You get lost in her "r's" and totally disarmed.

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heldentenor View Post
    Who can skate to that? You get lost in her "r's" and totally disarmed.

Too many breaks lead to too much posing. Plus, it seems to be another hey look at me, I'm so great number. Kind of like the oh so lame "My Way" number. Will these be next?

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=dbXQ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=mRbI...eature=related

vCash
    I loved My Way!!!

Skating Pairs with Drew
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    I loved My Way!!!

That song was so wrong. It was written for Frank Sinatra to the end of his career, not for a young kid in his twenties. IMO it seemed silly, and the music wasn't all that much. It was a case of Johnny skating to the words and not to the music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    Ugh. What a lame website. They don't list the TIME of the show! Besides other issues, shouldn't they at least get that info on there? I'll go, but I'll probably buy tickets at the door. That arena is large and I doubt will fill up.
    Time was on the website when I checked (bad web design though), and a fellow skater told me that the arena isn't particularly large and tickets sold out the last two times she was there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainTime View Post
    Johnny Weir announced today he will be debuting his new exhibition number, "Bad Romance" at Ice Dreams on the 1st. He is also on the George Lopez show tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowway View Post
    A Bad Romance practice video is on Auntie Joyce.
    Hmmmm did not realize performing it at a local competition is considered practice video. That costume in the video was a bit and I am curious how the whole thing will turn out in Bensenville

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjane45 View Post
    That costume in the video was a bit and I am curious how the whole thing will turn out in Bensenville

The costume Johnny wore is not the official costume, he did have one made for Bad Romance but it wasn't ready in time. The costume he is wearing in the video is from the promo he did for his Sundance show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    I loved My Way!!!
    Yes, it's still one of my favourite exhibitions from him.

Also, thank god for different tastes in music.

vCash
    Saw the 'Bad Romance' clip on Aunt Joyce's. Johnny opening pose comes straight out of Nijinsky's 'Afternoon of a Faun'...which he MUST do someday.
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by libby View Post
    I never liked that "Poker Face" song, but I do like "Bad Romance". I think it's much catchier. But whatever he skates to, someone will hate it; he gets a lot of criticism for his classical music choices and his pop ones alike. Personally, I'd like to see him skate to some Broadway show tunes because that's the music I like best, but the chances of that happening are kind of slim.

I haven't seen the new program, but I expect it will evolve a lot over time, like his exhibitions usually do, so it could end up completely different than it was the first time out.
    I've loved most of Johnny's music choices. But I like your idea of him skating to Broadway show tunes.

I saw the Bad Romance video posted on Aunt Joyce's blog, but I've decided to hold out for the final product. It looked rough just from the screenshot and people posting in the comments weren't too impressed. I've heard it's kind of thrown together and too much of the same old thing from Johnny. I wish he would have mixed Bad Romance with Teeth and Speechless, as he considered doing, just to give it a little something different.
    Last edited by RockTheTassel; 03-29-2010 at 10:14 PM.

vCash
    Tickets are still available online at this point.
    I am seriously curious about the show's turnout and the actual cast tomorrow
    Last edited by jjane45; 04-01-2010 at 08:36 PM.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Im going. I'll report back.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

Title-less
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manleywoman View Post
    Im going. I'll report back.
    You rock!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast