Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    I loved the "My Way" and the "Imagine" exhibitions. They clearly meant a lot to him, and I thought that commitment came across in his movement.

Thanks in advance for the report, manleywoman!

vCash
    Off ice rehearsal for the talent last night was entertaining with an strong opening number choreographed by Melissa Gregory and her hubby Denis Petukov. The headliners were so relaxed after a long competive season and truly enjoying each others company. Lots of laughter.
    Pictures will be up on www.zenfolio.com later today of the talent as well as the group Meet and Greet shots. The participate skaters had on ice pictures taken at practice and can be viewed too.
    Dorothy Hamil was as gracious and charming as imagined, making eye contact with each child wanting an autograph. Dan Hollander looks incredible 13 years after his competitve career and delighted skaters with his antics. Keauna cut four inches of her gorgeous mane but still has hair to die for and Rockne was happy to be in Chicago sleeping at his family home. Alexe Gilles who also skated in the Chicago area for years was all smiles and Rachael Flatt was a crowd pleaser with litle girls exclaming her name when she arrived.
    Johnny flies in a bit later today and the gang will all be here ready to perform.

vCash
    Thank you so much for the report, Mountain Time!!! Sounds great!

vCash
    any photos or reports from the show?

vCash
    http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...ce%20Dreams%22

There are some pics from the show.

vCash
    Johnny looks so cute with that orange "man bag"!
    Dick Button Historical Quote of the Month: "Good for you, Lucinda Ruh!"

vCash
    It matched the Cutie orange character. He had to bring it. I really liked the pix of him petting Cutie.

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by REO View Post
    It matched the Cutie orange character. He had to bring it. I really liked the pix of him petting Cutie.
    It's cute, but he's petting Cutie's eye

It's ok, they are still best buds

Here is another pics link:
    http://www.daylife.com/search/photos/1/grid?q=cuties

vCash
    Thanks fpr the pics!
    Have any videos surfaced yet?

vCash
    Vid of Johnny's Bad Romance

It's not nearly as cohesive as Poker Face yet, but the program has improved a lot from its debut. There is more posing than skating than I would like in the 1st half, but 2nd half has some stellar moments.

vCash
    Thank you.

podcast mistress
    Ready to interview Uncle Dickie at any time.
    vCash
    Here's my belated review. Sorry, was away from my computer for three days.

Overall, a great show. Dorothy was the MC, and did no skating. Each of the top skaters . . . JWeir, Gregory/Petukov, Rachel Flatt, McBru and Dan Hollander . . . did two numbers. Then they interspersed Alexe Gilles, Jordan Moeller (local boy who won Junior Nationals), a hockey relay race (yes, really), a local synchro team that did a number to Slumdog Millionaire, and then a number with every local kid who tried out to be the special guest stars in the show. Let me explain the last one: they had put out a talent search call for local skaters to be in the show. I guess they decided to let ALL of them skate, because I kid you not there must have been at least 150 kids ages 3-15 on the ice at once! It was a patriotic number with all the kids in red/white/blue, and carrying US flags, and it was a bit of a hilarious mess seeing all of them trying to do choreography and not run into each other.

They also had some local Olympians just come out and wave: a rythmic gymnast, two speedskaters, and Vladimir I forget the last name who is a local coach and a 1994 Olympian in ice dance. Why David Santee wasn't included, I have no idea, since he's a local coach as well. They also had a little girl who is a piano prodigy do a few songs. It was a mixed bag for sure.

But back to the skating:

McBru: can't remember exactly what they skated to, but they seemed to have a lot of trouble on their elements, even as gorgeous as they were.

Greg/Pet: Their 1st number was a memorial to Melissa's mom, who died last year. They did a lovely number to REM's "Everybody Hurts." Dennis has the same faux mohawk haircut as Johnny. 2nd number was a funky dark number where they wore black outfits with piped lights attached. It was cool and clubby, and a nice style for them that they pull off well. They fell on a hydroblade. They also wore very glittery eye makeup for the whole show, reminiscent of Johnny's Poker Face.

Alexe Gilles: Beyonce's "Single Ladies." Not quite confident enough to pull off Beyonce, and had serious trouble with the jumps in the first half of the program, but nailed the last half.

Rachel Flatt: her two numbers I have to say really sold me on the potential in her skating. She looked way better doing these then in her competitive programs! Part of it I think was that she had a really flattering blue dress on that didn't make her look as stocky as other dresses have. She impressed me a lot.

JWeir: 1st number was a russian piece, and he dedicated it to the victims of the recent Moscow bombings. Lovely number, though he fell basically while standing still after doing footwork. He laughed at himself. The second number was Gaga's "Bad Romance." Lot's of vamping, but needs more content, IMO.

Dan Hollander did his Richard Simmons number and his Mrs. Doubtfire. Still good after all these years!

The biggests impression I had from the whol thing is that Johnny really is loved. The other skaters got lots of applause, but when JWeir came out, the noise was DEAFENING. You couldn't even hear Dorothy over the mic trying to introduce him. And it wasn't just the kids . . . there were old ladies screaming their heads off! After the final number the people who had bought on-ice seats were able to talk with all the skaters. JWeir was the only one people wanted to meet, take pictures with, and all the other skaters were ignored. I felt really bed for them!

So there you have it. I don't think I forgot anything.
    In my spare time, I like to interview figure skating legends.

vCash
    Maybe the show should have been called Johnnie's Cuties!

vCash
    manleywoman thank you so much for your detailed skating recap!
    Here is my voidy impression:
    - Arena was nearly filled, skating was OK, every elite skater had at least one major mistake with Alexe having her off night
    - Fan screaming was deafening (and I contributed to part of it), but it was the BAD sound system that made me cover up my ears A LOT
    - Dorothy sounded sick and unprepared for the first half, but the second half was better and she stepped on the ice too
    - The local girls / boys from talent did not get much room on the ice, but the sea of flags was impressive
    - The hockey relay was funny, some kids look hurt from multiple falls, an instructor (?) almost killed the mayor of Bensenville with his fluke fall near the stage
    - Some flowers were thrown on ice after Johnny's last solo, and during the closing number Melissa swept some of them to the side while Rachael picked up one during her ina bauer
    - 3 flower girls (?) came out after the closing number but had nothing to do other than skating a victory lap, as Johnny got the flowers himself
    - My impression that Johnny was the only one willing to stay at the boards chatting to fans, I bet others will also be well received if they stayed
    - Cuties oranges were good

The wiener takes it all
    vCash
    More photos from the Ice Dreams show:
    http://figureskatersonline.com/news/...10-ice-dreams/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123