Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vCash

Patrick Chan tours his Olympic village room

Thought some people might be interested in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiAeea25Now

vCash
    Some guys shoud watch the british tv show : How Clean Is Your House?
    I allways wonder how sportmen could have such a poor hygiene.
    IMO is a lack of respect for himself to show such a mess.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGORY View Post
    Hey, I'm a messy person. Don't hate.

vCash
    It's your right. IMO you didn't show it on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieSix View Post
    Hey, I'm a messy person. Don't hate.

vCash
    It's actually not bad compared to some dorm rooms I've seen. At least you can see the bed and the bathrooms are pretty clean. It was cute of Patrick to post this.

vCash
    Maybe I'm jaded because I live in co-ed student housing, but that was actually pretty tidy for young guys?! The only real mess was Bryce's clothes?!

How cute was Scott's bed!! All freshly made with his "fan mail" surrounding him!!!

vCash
    HOLY that is some nice apartment unit for the athletes!

vCash
    That's nice!

I have seen much worse from my guy friends when I was in college. Much, much worse. Much worse with a roommate, too...

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    HOLY that is some nice apartment unit for the athletes!
    The Olympic Village is owned by the city of Vancouver, and the units will become luxury apartments for sale after the Paralympics.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    LOL @ The bathtub with a boxer....

Also

Shirtless Chan!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shiningstar View Post

How cute was Scott's bed!! All freshly made with his "fan mail" surrounding him!!!
    So funny!

I guess Bryce and Scott must be on decent terms if they roomed together. Perhaps the reports of open hostility are not to be trusted

Very nice suites!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    I guess Bryce and Scott must be on decent terms if they roomed together. Perhaps the reports of open hostility are not to be trusted
    I hadn't even thought of that! Jessica and Bryce are hopefully on good terms since they are so close together every day, so unless Scott somehow 'stole' her from him, there wouldn't be any animosity I don't think. Though there is the whole 'bro code' thing to take into consideration.

I also loved Scott's tidiness, especially compared to Bryce's insane pile of clothes. Gorgeous unit though that they were staying in. Kind of surprised that there were 4 competitors in one unit all iwth completely different schedules (except Patrick and Vaughn). Wonder why Cody and Paul got the shaft of not getting to bunk with the 'cool kids'.

vCash
    I regularly take high school students on school trips - and those rooms are neat and tidy compared to what boys' rooms often look like! A few clothes here and there is not a big deal IMO!

It is not easy to share rooms - especially when the schedule is hectic! They weren't dirty and garbagey - just a bit misshapen!

Anyhow -thanks for the link!

vCash
    I agree. I also wonder why Vaughn and Scott got the bigger bedroom and better bathroom. What's up with that?
    I too was really surprised at how nice the place was. I guess it makes sense that they be apartments vs dorm rooms to consider future use.

And yes, this place was a little messy and not dirty. Small closets, not a lot of dresser space and a busy schedule makes for a little clutter. Killing myself how orderly Scott's section is. Too funny.

I stayed at my brothers in Vancouver...had my own room but one big suitcase and over a week's worth of clothes. I basically sprayed the clothes all over the room for easy access. Made their room look tidy by comparison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock2 View Post
    I agree. I also wonder why Vaughn and Scott got the bigger bedroom and better bathroom. What's up with that?
    I too was really surprised at how nice the place was. I guess it makes sense that they be apartments vs dorm rooms to consider future use.

And yes, this place was a little messy and not dirty. Small closets, not a lot of dresser space and a busy schedule makes for a little clutter. Killing myself how orderly Scott's section is. Too funny.

I stayed at my brothers in Vancouver...had my own room but one big suitcase and over a week's worth of clothes. I basically sprayed the clothes all over the room for easy access. Made their room look tidy by comparison.
    I think it's a first come first serve basis~~ at least that's what Johnny and Tanith did

vCash
    In his narrative Patrick points out BC Place and mentions that this where the open and closing ceremonies "will be" held, so it’s likely that the video was flimed the week before the Games started. IIRC, Tessa and Scott didn’t arrive until the day before the opening ceremonies. Wonder what the place looked like after another body was added and two more weeks went by? Gorgeous apartment though!
    images on ice - Figure Skating Photography

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREGORY View Post
    He's a teenager at the biggest competition in the world...somehow, I don't think that cleaning his room would be at the top of his priorities. And, speaking as a college student, that is not bad at all as far as young guy's rooms usually go.

Cute video, though! Gorgeous apartment.

vCash
    Yeah, seriously. I have seen some NASTY, FILTHY college dorms. Not just guys either. My ex-boyfriend once had macaroni in the bathroom sink with god knows what else...I thought about ending it right then and there.

Cheering for V/M, D/W, Shibus, I/K, P/I, Miki, Yu Na, Akiko, Mirai, Lambiel, Patrick, Oda, Kozuka, S/Z, S/S and P/T!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shutterbug View Post
    IIRC, Tessa and Scott didn’t arrive until the day before the opening ceremonies.
    Wait, didn't they march in the Opening Ceremony? I thought they attended the 1st practice session as well before Team Igor went off-site to train.

The state of my room varies between that of Scott's and Patrick/ Bryce's. It's not that bad for a guy though; my brother's occassionally looks like a tornado just swept through.

Love the suites though (totally my kind of decor); it reminds me of serviced apartments!

vCash
    I'm reminded of a French teacher I had a few years back (from France) who told the class that she really liked the fact that France had a mandatory term of military service for young men. To quote her, "At least they learn to make their beds."

From the video it looks like Bryce needs a lengthy term of mandatory service, Patrick needs a relatively short term and Scott doesn't need any term of service at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast