Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I found this interview from before the Olympics where D/W talk about their relationship and their training: http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/22617080/index.html. There are shots of them exercising in the gym, which I thought were really cool.
    That was a great interview, loved the exercise clip... Thanks for the link.

vCash
    OK, maybe this is particularly funny to a lifelong Michigander like me, but I at the pic of a Spartan fan's sign that Meryl tweeted today.

UMich vs. MSU basketball game...somehow I doubt the sign was of much consolation...Go Blue!! http://tweetphoto.com/13728792

vCash
    BWAHAHA! That is priceless!
    Charter member of the "We Always Believed in Ashley" Club and the "We Believe in Ricky" Club
    Old, lonely, pathos-hungry, and extremely gullible

vCash
    I found this interview from before the Olympics where D/W talk about their relationship and their training: http://www.clickondetroit.com/video/22617080/index.html. There are shots of them exercising in the gym, which I thought were really cool.
    Thanks for sharing! No wonder they are lean mean skating machines! The gym shots are awesome.

vCash
    That is too too funny!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TalentedButHumble View Post
    OK, maybe this is particularly funny to a lifelong Michigander like me, but I at the pic of a Spartan fan's sign that Meryl tweeted today.
    As a Michigander by birth and a Michigan State fan (who is likely to be joining the dark side for graduate school next year) this is pretty much the greatest thing I have ever seen.

vCash
    Just here to say something thta I just notice, Charlie really look like thta actor from the Mentalist haha, both are cute.

vCash
    omg, that tweetphoto was priceless! I absolutely love it! Wow, they are really getting famous! Course it would make me so happy for plenty of new fans to enjoy what we've been enjoying for a while now. GO Meryl and Charlie!

vCash
    I would like Meryl and Charlie to try Wilson Pickett's version of Land of 1000 Dances for an OD.

As for a FD, I still like The Ghost and Mrs. Muir and Memoirs of a Geisha, but I also like the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack like Kara's theme
    and the Fountain (Clint Mansell).

vCash
    If they did Memoirs of a Geisha, they would get the same tripe about stealing a jr couple's dance (the Shibs) that they did about POTO (Chock/Zuerlein)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    As a Michigander by birth and a Michigan State fan (who is likely to be joining the dark side for graduate school next year) this is pretty much the greatest thing I have ever seen.
    Yay! A fellow Spartan! I love me some Meryl/Charlie but part of me always cringed when UofM was brought up. What can I say, it's a heated rivalry!

Although the intent was to mock, I'm glad they can laugh about it (as they should)! The Olympics definitely introduced ice dancers to the most unlikeliest of demographics.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hlp728 View Post
    As for a FD....I also like the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack like Kara's theme

Bear McCreary's music for BSG is frakkin' genius, but it would definitely take a talented team to do it justice. If Meryl and Charlie were to skate to any number of pieces from the soundtracks, I'd be in heaven .

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I thought this was adorable beyond reason:

Jeremy Abbott's twitter:
    @Meryl_Davis You said you love me, but you won't follow me on Twitter?! That's not real love :'( you've broken my heart!
    Meryl's response:
    @jeremyabbottpcf I am following you, silly!
    Hm, I want to see Meryl and Jeremy ice dance together now. Talk about tipping the cuteness factor. Watch out, Charlie...

Oh and yeah, I think Meryl's voice is adorable. I can't imagine her sounding any different, it wouldn't be right!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hlp728 View Post
    I also like the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack like Kara's theme
    and the Fountain (Clint Mansell).
    I listened to that and I like it a lot. It would be difficult but I think they could make it cool.

vCash
    I love that poster and someone seriously needs to make one for a competition Meryl and Charlie compete at this coming season.

Another interesting soundtrack I think might make for a FD would be the Sunshine soundtrack. I guess I wanting a more modern and more futuristic sounding FD.

vCash
    I thought this was adorable beyond reason:

Jeremy Abbott's twitter:

Meryl's response:

Hm, I want to see Meryl and Jeremy ice dance together now. Talk about tipping the cuteness factor. Watch out, Charlie...

Oh and yeah, I think Meryl's voice is adorable. I can't imagine her sounding any different, it wouldn't be right!

Yes! is so cute!!! I want to see meryl and jeremy ice dance together too!!! I love both

vCash
    Are Meryl and Jeremy really dating? haha, love both, would be the cutest ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    omg, that tweetphoto was priceless! I absolutely love it! Wow, they are really getting famous! Course it would make me so happy for plenty of new fans to enjoy what we've been enjoying for a while now. GO Meryl and Charlie!
    I'm not sure that it is fame so much as good research. As a college student and huge sports fan, you make sure to know things like this about your rivals. For example, we once spent a game taunting our rivals about an outbreak of norovirus on their campus. And at our game two weeks ago, there were several signs based on the fact that one of the opposing team's players had recently been arrested for public urination.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsskate View Post
    Are Meryl and Jeremy really dating? haha, love both, would be the cutest ever!
    I don't think they are. Both of their twitters are so adorable on their own that them being even more adorable BFFs seems like it should break some universal constraints on adorableness.

I may have mentioned this before, but there's a part in the movie "10 Things I Hate About You" where (SPOILER ALERT, I don't know how to do the spoiler thing) Heath Ledger's character sings "Can't Take My Eyes Off You," and I remember thinking how good D/W might look dancing to that. It's very much in the vein of "Beyond the Sea."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6XGUhzfutc

I think the original version of "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" sung by Frankie Valli is slower than Heath's version, thus harder to skate to, but it's a classic so it's been redone many times by many artists. I rather like Heath's version, with the high school marching band.

I think the trick will be to find what genres of music D/W can do that no/few others can, for the OD and FD. It explains many of their choices from this season. I was not a fan of the bombastic cuts from POTO in the beginning, but it showcased their power that few other currently competing teams have. I was not a fan of the crazy combo lift in the beginning, but who else can execute lifts like those? Only V/M and maybe one or two other top teams.

I like the idea of a more modern FD for D/W. I guess much will depend on the results of this Worlds, if they win silver again or upset V/M. Will they decide to keep doing what they know they're good at or try something a bit different? Just running down their past FDs:

Eleanor Rigby - Igor's brainchild
    S&D - Marina and Meryl's
    POTO - Marina and Charlie's

Does this mean Igor may be due for one? His ideas for D/W tend to be kinda voidy actually : dark, slightly tragic romance (Eleanor Rigby and Billie Jean).
    Last edited by literaryfreak; 03-13-2010 at 05:02 AM.

vCash
    Does this mean Igor may be due for one? His ideas for D/W tend to be kinda voidy actually : dark, slightly tragic romance (Eleanor Rigby and Billie Jean).
    I love the dark tragic romance for them!! ER is such a sentimental fav. of mine.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast