Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    How many dances has that butterfly leap showed up in?
    The butterfly leap has shown up every year they have been seniors! Hasn't it been in every FD? And I know it was in the Russian and Charleston ODs. And it was in the Bollywood OD too, now that I think about it! I laugh about it all the time because I can't believe they find a way to fit it in no matter what the program or music! T&Bfan -- I'm with you. I hope they have a new highlight for this Olympic cycle.

vCash
    Maybe Meryl and Charlie have acrobatic lift from this FD?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-keC328cfpc

vCash
    Thank you, theatregirl, for such an awesome report! Very detailed and much appreciated! Needless to say, I can't wait to see the programs.

Count me in, too, for no butterfly leap (it's great, Charlie, and we have loved it dearly, but it's okay if you don't do one this time around), and I also would be happy with a fierce but softer ending than the last two rotational lift ones. I still get chills watching the one from S&D and I really loved their ending pose (so appropriate for S&D) but I'm definitely okay with a softer ending.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    TG, you rock!!!!! Those are great notes for not taking notes. Question about the FD - was the "Il Postino" music in the middle since the middle was the soft and sweeter part?
    I think that Il Postino was in the middle although it may have been part of the end as well.

Interesting that it might not be Musetta's Waltz they're using. Now I need to go listen to my La Boheme CD and find other SD-appropriate music.
    Now that I think about it more, I wouldn't take my word on this. I actually don't know that much of Musetta's Waltz. I've only heard it a few times. So it really might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratfall View Post
    But TG, can you tell us anything about the other skaters ? On some other thread ? Maybe send out carrier pigeons?
    Were V/M even there, or are they in a cocoon somewhere....and what about S/B ?
    Tessa and Scott did not skate. I'll post my thoughts in another thread at some point soon (had to go grade papers for 4.5 hours after I posted this one.)

I forgot to ask my two most important questions -

1) Does Charlie do a butterfly leap in either program? (Please tell me no)

2) Does their FD end with a rotational lift again? (Looking for a negative response on this one, too )
    1) So far I am pretty sure no. (and that was one of my first thoughts after it ended.)
    2) I'm not sure on this. I think at least they don't do what they did in POTO where it was rotation lift/immediate ending. Although it might be the last element. Clearly I needed them to do it 3 or 4 times as if I were replaying a youtube video.

vCash
    I still get chills watching the one from S&D and I really loved their ending pose
    I still get chills pretty much for the whole program every time I watch S&D. I kind of hope that, after a couple seasons working on line and toe point, they bring that music back & do that program again as fully mature performers. They'd have to tweak the choreo a bit, I suppose.

vCash

vCash
    Yay Theatregirl!!! Great report!

vCash
    Just to summarize what was mentioned on goldenskate, it looks like D/W are using La Boheme then going into this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcKdnkGBSgA (but without vocals) from La Traviata.

There's a good spot for twizzles at 1:24 on shan's link. And then the step sequence at 1:38. Is there a circular step sequence in this SD too? Because if so, :46 is a good cut. And there are lovely moments for a lift with positions held later on.

I'd love to see a Bohemian look, whatever that may entail, for them for this SD (starving artists? idk), but since they're doing the GW to that famous song from La Traviata, sounds like it will be more traditional.

Perhaps Marina will allow him to keep his natural hair color? That has to be a pain in the butt, bleaching/highlighting it.
    Thank you for your report! I would love to hear about Samuelson & Bates and some of the other teams as well!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioleBeagle View Post
    Thank you for your report! I would love to hear about Samuelson & Bates and some of the other teams as well!
    I already posted a report as linked two posts above yours.

vCash
    I've had fun watching the FB videos from the "Shall We Dance" show...got to see Meryl and Charlie...how much I wish I could be at this show live. But at least we'll get to see it on television in Nov. Wonder what numbers they are doing at this show?

And Charlie's hair is still somewhat short! But still looking good.

Meryl looks beautiful in her practice clothes...can't wait to see her in costume this year.

vCash
    Seeing the Bollywood OD last night was amazing!! So much better seeing it live and their twizzles and sbs footwork was on.

I love their choice of music for their 2nd number 'Whataya Want From Me' but not sure about the choreo just yet. I think they need to connect to the music a bit more...make it their own so to speak.

They looked like they were having fun which IMHO is the most important thing!

So thrilled I got to see them live.
    ~I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.~ (Charles R. Swindoll)

vCash
    Thanks, Twilight1! I saw their Bollywood OD live last spring and yes, it is so amazing seeing it live. Glad you got to see it. And thanks for the info on their second number. Always appreciated!

vCash
    I was looking for some footage of their Shall We Dance performances and found that someone had made this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcUb0GKKGIE

vCash
    ^That was so cute!

vCash
    That was adorable, Doris, thanks for posting! Isn't it great...there is an amazing amount of stuff for Meryl and Charlie online now, actually an embarrassment of riches for montages now. Remember a few years ago, there was one or two? Plus, youtube has practically every program they ever did, at least for Seniors. So nice...

ETA: We're getting close to needing a new thread, just in time for the new season.

vCash
    Surprise Meryl & Charlie and Emily & Evan sighting today. They were honored as Olympians/Olympic. Medalists at the Michigan Football game today. They were standing in the student section end zone and then right after, Michigan scored a touchdown in that end zone. Clearly they are lucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Surprise Meryl & Charlie and Emily & Evan sighting today. They were honored as Olympians/Olympic. Medalists at the Michigan Football game today. They were standing in the student section end zone and then right after, Michigan scored a touchdown in that end zone. Clearly they are lucky.
    Clearly!!!

vCash
    Actually they were also hosted in a radio program before the match...but I don't know in which radio

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    There's a picture of D/W from Shall We Dance from the blogspot:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SxhQieeeyKM/TJ4IypKIQ-I/AAAAAAAAEAI/geMNkNtY50U/s1600/shallwedance2.jpg

Meryl's dress is pretty but Charlie's shirt...my eyes, they hurt. I'm guessing all the guys had to wear this. It's still though. Those black bondage outfits from SOI are starting to look tasteful.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    There's a picture of D/W from Shall We Dance from the blogspot:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SxhQieeeyKM/TJ4IypKIQ-I/AAAAAAAAEAI/geMNkNtY50U/s1600/shallwedance2.jpg

Meryl's dress is pretty but Charlie's shirt...my eyes, they hurt. I'm guessing all the guys had to wear this. It's still though. Those black bondage outfits from SOI are starting to look tasteful.
    LOL, yeah there's a group picture on the Disson Facebook photo album with all the guys wearing that shirt. It's even worse seeing it multiplied. It seems like the guys often get stuck with hideous shirts for the group numbers in shows.

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast